Al - Haider VT-4 MBT - The Premier PA Ground Asset [Developments]

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Conditionality attacked for some sub sys to work/transfer to AK1 only if we buy the vt4.

Similar is the case with j 10 c.

Ps I voiced my anger again n again in the previous forum.....

CSAW

Mar 9, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@Mods
Considering the discussions on Haider MBT Program ,
The thread may be converted to sticky.

------------------------------------
VT-4.jpg

Last edited:

Lion

May 1, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Vt 4 amongst other things was forced upon us
Not exactly false, but not exactly true either, PA also sort of forced it upon itself by failing to properly fund local tank development and closing of all other avenues of purchase. The only other option was the T84 Oplot, a significantly worst tank.

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Not exactly false, but not exactly true either, PA also sort of forced it upon itself by failing to properly fund local tank development and closing of all other avenues of purchase. The only other option was the T84 Oplot, a significantly worst tank.
First units of AK 1 built by HIT n were suppose to be handed over to PA, to one of our formations in the south but PA refused to accept it....due to a faulty major components in AK 1.
HIT initially n then the Chinese manufacturer tried to rectify the fault but it just would not go away.....this went one for about a year.

Then PA signed the deal for vt 4 n within a month the fault just simply disappears. AK 1 becomes fully functional n is accepted by PA.

Ps this is just one example

iron shrapnel

Aug 15, 2015
First units of AK 1 built by HIT n were suppose to be handed over to PA, to one of our formations in the south but PA refused to accept it....due to a faulty major components in AK 1.
HIT initially n then the Chinese manufacturer tried to rectify the fault but it just would not go away.....this went one for about a year.

Then PA signed the deal for vt 4 n within a month the fault just simply disappears. AK 1 becomes fully functional n is accepted by PA.

You mean to say that the Chinese can remotely influence our tanks' performance parameters???

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You mean to say that the Chinese can remotely influence our tanks' performance parameters???
Wt i said above is that the Chinese like the western arms sellers r businessmen first n every thing else later.
Every good businessman will try its level best to retain its no.1 customer n under no circumstance let it become self sufficient

Jango

RETIRED MOD
Sep 12, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Wonder who's hands were greased.

I heard about something like this wayyy back, but no idea about the specifics so can't say.

Reichmarshal

Jan 19, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
As far as I am aware this incident occured during Bajwa tenure, I think during first tenure and VT-4 was purchased in his second tenure???
Bobby was dg ispr n his parent unit was the first regt. Equipped......so it has to be around the end of his first stint or start of his second tenure.

Users who are viewing this thread