Announcement: New forum feature, SpeedLimit

Mr X

Elite Member
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
We've seen a surge in reports over the last three days, and we want to improve how we handle them. Our goal is to actively address each reported post, whether we approve or reject it. To ease the workload on our moderation team, we're making some changes.

Beginning tomorrow, we're introducing a forum feature called "SpeedLimit". Users included in this group will be limited to 10 posts and 1 new thread per day. We'll continually monitor and make adjustments to deter spam and enhance the overall quality of posts. The limited number of daily posts should hopefully encourage thoughtful contributions by the members. Users in this group can return to their original User Group if they avoid being reported for two weeks during the trial period.

Good job, apply the same to new users for 1 month. A new user should be reading through the library, to read 1000s of posts and updating their knowledge and not posting 20 messages a day

Good job, apply the same to new users for 1 month. A new user should be reading through the library, to read 1000s of posts and updating their knowledge and not posting 20 messages a day

Since most users are currently transitioning from old PDF, imposing restrictions on new users isn't feasible now. We can consider implementing them after completing the migration process.

Excellent news. As someone who rarely posts more than 10 posts a day this is great to see
I couldn't agree with you more. I also rarely post more than 10 comments a day, or almost never. This is actually an excellent idea, especially because certain users like Falcon29 and BeijingWalker continuously spam the entire forum with their propaganda bs which is unnecessary and detrimental to the quality of the forum.

Particularly, Falcon29 has literally hijacked the discussion on the Gaza conflict posting over 100 comments every day (literally) if not more, thereby undermining the entire purpose of forum debate.

Now I wonder, what will these two users do throughout the entire day 🤔 Find a job? :sneaky:

I couldn't agree with you more. I also rarely post more than 10 comments a day, or almost never. This is actually an excellent idea, especially because certain users like Falcon29 and BeijingWalker continuously spam the entire forum with their propaganda bs which is unnecessary and detrimental to the quality of the forum.

Particularly, Falcon29 has literally hijacked the discussion on the Gaza conflict posting over 100 comments every day (literally) if not more, thereby undermining the entire purpose of forum debate.

Now I wonder, what will these two users do throughout the entire day 🤔 Find a job?

Please note that users that follow rules and post quality relevant content are not subject to this limit.

Last edited:
Please users that follow rules and post quality relevant content are not subject to this limit.
Do you want to convince me that Falcon29 posts quality comments? Comments consisting of 5 words cannot be considered quality, sorry.

Previously, on both this and older forums, posting two or more messages quickly, like within the same minute, would automatically combine them into a single post. However, this feature seems to be disabled now, and separate posts are created instead. I personally preferred the old way, as it helped prevent cluttering the forum with too many short posts. This functionality is particularly handy when responding to multiple messages at once.

Since most users are currently transitioning from old PDF, imposing restrictions on new users isn't feasible now. We can consider implementing them after completing the migration process.
Perhaps after a date?

Previously, on both this and older forums, posting two or more messages quickly, like within the same minute, would automatically combine them into a single post. However, this feature seems to be disabled now, and separate posts are created instead. I personally preferred the old way, as it helped prevent cluttering the forum with too many short posts. This functionality is particularly handy when responding to multiple messages at once.
We had to disable it after senior members like Nilgiri, RescueRanger and others were copying the data from the old forum and complaining about the auto-merge. It would merge the posts and make them very long when they copy-paste 2000-word articles.

We will introduce the auto-merge again once the data migration is over.

Perhaps after a date?

It will be introduced later because not right now. We asked members to share their profiles in different threads, but I had to manually update 80% of the records because most members ignored the requests. We don't want to treat our long-time members as new ones and encourage them to claim their accounts.

We had to disable it after senior members like Nilgiri, RescueRanger and others were copying the data from the old forum and complaining about the auto merge. It would merge the posts and make them very long when they copy-paste 2000-word articles.

We will introduce the auto-merge again once the data migration is over.

Ok. Due to his change, number of my messages are going to further increase. Please ignore it. Apologies in advance. 🫣

Ok. Due to his change, number of my messages are going to further increase. Please ignore it. Apologies in advance. 🫣
It's a temporary measure, we will bring the auto-merge back with a reduced time limit of 5 or 10 minutes.

PS: I never see the user's number of posts before banning the user 🤣

It's a temporary measure, we will bring the auto-merge back with a reduced time limit of 5 or 10 minutes.

PS: I never see the user's number of posts before banning the user 🤣

Other than too many reply/post, I don't think you are going to have any other reason for banning me, if you want to ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back