Arshad Nadeem Wins Gold Medal for Pakistan

What's even more remarkable is that no one has done that in the 118 year history of the Olympics.

Dear Javelin first played in 1908 in Olympics so that 116 year. can you or someone tell me where this 118 years things comes from? and what actually it is?

Ya phir koi media wala jis ko simple maths bhi nahi aati us ne pori quom ko bewaqoof banaya hua hai ?

Neeraj-Nadeem.jpg
To be the Man you have to beat the Man.

Yup the two of them share a good camaraderie. Arshad was full of praise the last time at Tokyo and always said Chopra feat inspired him....Chopra also has been very friendly towards him.

So this has paid off in helping Arshad....taking only the positives from whichever circumstance (ability to get inspired past a political border...and also to pitch in everything himself to push to his max frontier when there has been grievous lack of support from pak govt etc). It is testament to his character and Indians should also be heartened and take the positives from it too.

Really even this olympics, both countries should be winning far more medals.... they should not let these things simply be flash in pan stuff, the inspiration and can-do must spread like wildfire and extract change from powers that be to invest and commit to infra + training.

It has been long convo @Waz and I have had just about wrestling, Pakistani wrestlers simply are not supported enough in current environment... it is never lack of raw talent....it is simply Pakistan govt has not trained and organised good quality infra for the long term.

This applies to each and every sporting discipline. We have all seen the tough village folk in all our neck of woods.....basically among them theres definitely folks that never got the chance to make something of a intrinsic talent they had. So tons of people get squandered.

So we must make use of when there is a "breakdown" in our defeatist programming/narrative regarding sporting ability (past cricket)....and a stark truth comes into view like Arshad, Chopra et al anyway.....that the process/circumstance they had for success here needs to be expanded to many many more in the end.

That's what I hope and mean by "inspiration".... dont let it just slip away, it needs to grow somehow.

Great post my friend.

Yup the two of them share a good camaraderie. Arshad was full of praise the last time at Tokyo and always said Chopra feat inspired him....Chopra also has been very friendly towards him.

So this has paid off in helping Arshad....taking only the positives from whichever circumstance (ability to get inspired past a political border...and also to pitch in everything himself to push to his max frontier when there has been grievous lack of support from pak govt etc). It is testament to his character and Indians should also be heartened and take the positives from it too.

Really even this olympics, both countries should be winning far more medals.... they should not let these things simply be flash in pan stuff, the inspiration and can-do must spread like wildfire and extract change from powers that be to invest and commit to infra + training.

It has been long convo @Waz and I have had just about wrestling, Pakistani wrestlers simply are not supported enough in current environment... it is never lack of raw talent....it is simply Pakistan govt has not trained and organised good quality infra for the long term.

This applies to each and every sporting discipline. We have all seen the tough village folk in all our neck of woods.....basically among them theres definitely folks that never got the chance to make something of a intrinsic talent they had. So tons of people get squandered.

So we must make use of when there is a "breakdown" in our defeatist programming/narrative regarding sporting ability (past cricket)....and a stark truth comes into view like Arshad, Chopra et al anyway.....that the process/circumstance they had for success here needs to be expanded to many many more in the end.

That's what I hope and mean by "inspiration".... dont let it just slip away, it needs to grow somehow.
The thing is both are very good friends also and always praise each other.
Result is since yesterday media (whether Pakistani or Indian) is full of praise for both of them.
I have seen unlimited posts on social media and when I checked I was extremely amazed I couldn't find a single hate comment or trolling from any side.
That was very heartwarming.

That is definetly the way to start! And then 1 hero inspire 10 more, and you have a sporting nation in the making. Just imagen how many Arshad inspired today!!

I hate it when south asians blame their g9vernment, culture and/or genes. Yes, does things matter, but not as much as grit and determanation!

Gongrats to Arshad and Pakistan!!!

Yes that's multiplying effect of such a win. It's just shame how much talent has gone to waste over the years due to lack of investment like @Nilgiri wrote about. Both will inspire many more among the hundreds of millions of subcontinent folk.

The thing is both are very good friends also and always praise each other.
Result is since yesterday media (whether Pakistani or Indian) is full of praise for both of them.
I have seen unlimited posts on social media and when I checked I was extremely amazed I couldn't find a single hate comment or trolling from any side.
That was very heartwarming.

Yes social media was lovely to both with Indians praising and happy for Arshad and visa versa for Neeraj.

There is no replacement for cricket. Period
Why not? You are already a third tiered cricket country. No top four team plays with you. ICC with India's domination has already put a system of apartheid on your players and your country from hosting major tournaments.

There's no talent coming out of Pakistan and the compensation for player is on par with players from associate countries where cricket is not even known to the locals. On the whole, cricket is a dying sports only kept relevant due to Indians and their massive market.

In all other countries cricket is a third or fourth tiered sport and it's losing its popularity and relevance fast. It died in Kenya and Zimbabwe, pretty much dead in previous powerhouses like West Indies and South Africa and Pakistan. Only India, England and Australia take it seriously and try to compete.

You can't compete on the field either, can't win overseas in Tests and can't win an ICC tournament either. Might as well cut the losses and invest in sports that have a bigger global following and is likely to bring in more revenues than cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back