Arshad Nadeem Wins Gold Medal for Pakistan

Forget cricket.

I have no hope for anything from the government or anyone else.

Individuals need to go at it full pelt in sports which you do yourself and don't need funding as such and can train with other nations.
Wrestling would be good to get back to.

They should learn from their countryman, Neeraj Chopra, who showed great sportsmanship in how he supported Arshad Nadeem, over the years. Both men are great sportsmen.

Ultimately, it’s is a reminder, that many of them don’t want to think about or accept, that with determination, Pakistanis can match and even exceed them in performance, despite current limitations and while doing catchup. (Don’t take this as a statement of bragging, but it should a be reminder to ourselves that raw talent is there if supported, it can be as good as talent from any other country).

I hope funds, whether publicly or privately, can be raised to give other talented and determined Pakistanis the opportunity to try to achieve what Arshad has done today.

Yup the two of them share a good camaraderie. Arshad was full of praise the last time at Tokyo and always said Chopra feat inspired him....Chopra also has been very friendly towards him.

So this has paid off in helping Arshad....taking only the positives from whichever circumstance (ability to get inspired past a political border...and also to pitch in everything himself to push to his max frontier when there has been grievous lack of support from pak govt etc). It is testament to his character and Indians should also be heartened and take the positives from it too.

Really even this olympics, both countries should be winning far more medals.... they should not let these things simply be flash in pan stuff, the inspiration and can-do must spread like wildfire and extract change from powers that be to invest and commit to infra + training.

It has been long convo @Waz and I have had just about wrestling, Pakistani wrestlers simply are not supported enough in current environment... it is never lack of raw talent....it is simply Pakistan govt has not trained and organised good quality infra for the long term.

This applies to each and every sporting discipline. We have all seen the tough village folk in all our neck of woods.....basically among them theres definitely folks that never got the chance to make something of a intrinsic talent they had. So tons of people get squandered.

So we must make use of when there is a "breakdown" in our defeatist programming/narrative regarding sporting ability (past cricket)....and a stark truth comes into view like Arshad, Chopra et al anyway.....that the process/circumstance they had for success here needs to be expanded to many many more in the end.

That's what I hope and mean by "inspiration".... dont let it just slip away, it needs to grow somehow.

Yup the two of them share a good camaraderie. Arshad was full of praise the last time at Tokyo and always said Chopra feat inspired him....Chopra also has been very friendly towards him.

So this has paid off in helping Arshad....taking only the positives from whichever circumstance (ability to get inspired past a political border...and also to pitch in everything himself to push to his max frontier when there has been grievous lack of support from pak govt etc). It is testament to his character and Indians should also be heartened and take the positives from it too.

Really even this olympics, both countries should be winning far more medals.... they should not let these things simply be flash in pan stuff, the inspiration and can-do must spread like wildfire and extract change from powers that be to invest and commit to infra + training.

It has been long convo @Waz and I have had just about wrestling, Pakistani wrestlers simply are not supported enough in current environment... it is never lack of raw talent....it is simply Pakistan govt has not trained and organised good quality infra for the long term.

This applies to each and every sporting discipline. We have all seen the tough village folk in all our neck of woods.....basically among them theres definitely folks that never got the chance to make something of a intrinsic talent they had. So tons of people get squandered.

So we must make use of when there is a "breakdown" in our defeatist programming/narrative regarding sporting ability (past cricket)....and a stark truth comes into view like Arshad, Chopra et al anyway.....that the process/circumstance they had for success here needs to be expanded to many many more in the end.

That's what I hope and mean by "inspiration".... dont let it just slip away, it needs to grow somehow.
Indeed. Let’s hope this is not a flash in the pan/one off.

Also to know that Chopra has been performing at such a high level despite having a persistent groin injury, as he stated in the post event press conference highlights how important proper facilities, medical care, etc. is for athletes especially at this high level.

Congratulations to our Pakistani brothers🥇 Winning a much coveted Olympic gold medal and beating India, What a sweet combination👍👍 The news is all over the Chinese social media as well, all Chinese netizens are cheering for the brotherly nation Pakistan!

All the great mojo and kudos you gave to Chopra back in Tokyo @Waz

It was not forgotten my friend and now it has helped carry your countryman to his gold now.

I hope it spurs larger inspiration and renaissance in region to continue to invest and train in athletics and many more manner of sports.

Our countries have the talent like any other, we need the investment and commitment that is all.

Congrats to Pakistan. Very well done, I was watching this all live!

@Fatman17 saab whole thread here for you to read....we are mostly posting in this one regd this news.

Only 25 people in the world have thrown this new spec javelin to over 90 meters.
Arshad Nadeem being one of those.

Only 25 people in the world have thrown this new spec javelin to over 90 meters.
Arshad Nadeem being one of those.
What's even more remarkable is that no one has done that in the 118 year history of the Olympics.

Actually that link to the sydney results is very interesting, India sent a javelin guy then and he could manage about 71 metres.

Now desis have unlocked performance tier into 80s and 90s, this is great to see....and hopefully this is consistent feature for olympics games for both countries now.

Everyone should watch the presser link that FUTUREPAF posted above, very nice to hear the athletes take on things.

Actually that link to the sydney results is very interesting, India sent a javelin guy then and he could manage about 71 metres.

Now desis have unlocked performance tier into 80s and 90s, this is great to see....and hopefully this is consistent feature for olympics games for both countries now.

Everyone should watch the presser link that FUTUREPAF posted above, very nice to hear the athletes take on things.
The take away from the presser is that these guys are young in their late 20s and have sustained considerable injuries in a short period of time, and that easily fluctuate their performance day to day. Even the wrong compression of one of his arm muscles, as Arshad pointed out, in one throw resulted in a distance of 87/88 meters when he could feel it could have gone to 95 meters. After today, I’m looking forward to the 2028 Olympics, with even more gusto. Would love to see Arshad perform in person.

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Guy, His hard work paid off.

Lekin ab Ye BC Army waley or MC Patwari is aadmi ki mehnat ko cash kraney a jaye gey.

Forget cricket.

I have no hope for anything from the government or anyone else.

Individuals need to go at it full pelt in sports which you do yourself and don't need funding as such and can train with other nations.
Wrestling would be good to get back to.

That is definetly the way to start! And then 1 hero inspire 10 more, and you have a sporting nation in the making. Just imagen how many Arshad inspired today!!

I hate it when south asians blame their g9vernment, culture and/or genes. Yes, does things matter, but not as much as grit and determanation!

Gongrats to Arshad and Pakistan!!!

@Fatman17 saab whole thread here for you to read....we are mostly posting in this one regd this news.
Thanks buddy. What a Rivalry between 2 Great Athletes from Pakistan 🇵🇰 and India 🇮🇳

Users who are viewing this thread

Back