Arshad Nadeem Wins Gold Medal for Pakistan

Just watching x right now endians want dope test of Arshad

Some people in dying need of burnol
Air pollution will increase due to smoke from Indian rear ends

Only 24 male athletes have thrown beyond the 90-metre mark, some multiple times. Czech athlete Jan Zelezny, considered the greatest javelin athlete of all time, retains the world record with a throw of 98.48 metres (323ft) in 1996 using the redesigned spear.

Zelezny went on to launch more than 30 throws that crossed the 90-metre mark.

While Nadeem has managed one throw of more than 90 metres in his career, he remains quietly confident in his abilities and talent.

“People have seen me throw long distances, and I have also heard chatter that I can go close to 100 metres [328ft]. But I don’t want to appear too ambitious. If I have crossed 90 once, my next attempt is to touch 92,” he explained.

“From the beginning, I just tell myself to keep a simple approach, make small changes and hope for the best, and it has worked out for me.”

At the opening ceremony of the Olympics on July 26 in Paris, Nadeem carried the Pakistan flag along with swimmer Jehanara Nabi.

“This is something straight out of a dream to be able to carry your country’s flag at the Olympics and a huge honour. But this is not the only thing for me. My main objective is to see my country’s flag being raised and the anthem being played if I get the gold,” Nadeem told Al Jazeera about a week before the Olympics began.

Among his competitors will be India’s Chopra, a now 27-year-old who has won seven gold medals. When they competed against one another at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics, people on social media fanned the flames of the traditional rivalry between the South Asian countries and criticised Nadeem for being distracted and not winning a medal while Chopra won gold.

But Nadeem speaks fondly of his rival from India.

“Neeraj and I are on very good terms. Whenever we are abroad in training or an event, we always talk to each other and stay in touch, but when it comes to competition, then you only think of yourself,” the athlete explained. “Look, India is our neighbour. People on both sides say a lot of things about each other’s country, but this is what sports teaches us – to be friendly and that we don’t have to focus on our differences.”

He continued: “I know I have great rivals like Chopra or Peters or others, but ultimately, I compete against myself.”
That bikini swimmer doesn't represent Pakistan.
These go to Olympics for an agenda and propaganda without any real capability to compete

Only 24 male athletes have thrown beyond the 90-metre mark, some multiple times. Czech athlete Jan Zelezny, considered the greatest javelin athlete of all time, retains the world record with a throw of 98.48 metres (323ft) in 1996 using the redesigned spear.

Zelezny went on to launch more than 30 throws that crossed the 90-metre mark.

While Nadeem has managed one throw of more than 90 metres in his career, he remains quietly confident in his abilities and talent.

“People have seen me throw long distances, and I have also heard chatter that I can go close to 100 metres [328ft]. But I don’t want to appear too ambitious. If I have crossed 90 once, my next attempt is to touch 92,” he explained.

“From the beginning, I just tell myself to keep a simple approach, make small changes and hope for the best, and it has worked out for me.”
This lion smashed the 90m mark within the same session!

I am sure he can aim to break the world record with professional coaching within the next 3-5 years!

This lion smashed the 90m mark within the same session!

I am sure he can aim to break the world record with professional coaching within the next 3-5 years!
100% and he's 27 yet.

Give him world class training, diet, recovery coaches, he can deffo break the world record. After all he beat the Olympics record with none of above.

Air pollution will increase due to smoke from Indian rear ends
They should learn from their countryman, Neeraj Chopra, who showed great sportsmanship in how he supported Arshad Nadeem, over the years. Both men are great sportsmen.

Ultimately, it’s is a reminder, that many of them don’t want to think about or accept, that with determination, Pakistanis can match and even exceed them in performance, despite current limitations and while doing catchup. (Don’t take this as a statement of bragging, but it should a be reminder to ourselves that raw talent is there if supported, it can be as good as talent from any other country).

I hope funds, whether publicly or privately, can be raised to give other talented and determined Pakistanis the opportunity to try to achieve what Arshad has done today.

Last edited:
100% and he's 27 yet.

Give him world class training, diet, recovery coaches, he can deffo break the world record. After all he beat the Olympics record with none of above.
LA 2028 is going to be very interesting. Only 1442 days till the opening ceremony. ;)

The venue for the Javelin Throw is set to be the LA Memorial Coliseum:

Btw, he is a father of three. Salute to his wife and parents for their support during his journey.

This should be a lesson to all Pakistanis to remember all the potential from the humblest beginnings

Last edited:
Time to say good bye to that sordid and dying sports called cricket and invest time and money into traditional olympic sports as well as soccer and baseball...

So you want to drop cricket and take up baseball?

As they say, baseball is just cricket with beer and hot dogs instead of tea and cucumber sandwiches, LOL.

On second thought, that's an excellent switch!

On topic, congrats to Arshad Nadeem and to Pakistan.

Niraj Chopra throws

2021 - 87.58 Gold
2024 - 89.45 Silver.

He is also getting closer to 90m. Also where was Arshad in 2021?

All the great mojo and kudos you gave to Chopra back in Tokyo @Waz

It was not forgotten my friend and now it has helped carry your countryman to his gold now.

I hope it spurs larger inspiration and renaissance in region to continue to invest and train in athletics and many more manner of sports.

Our countries have the talent like any other, we need the investment and commitment that is all.

Congrats to Pakistan. Very well done, I was watching this all live!

Yes indeed we cheered Chopra bhai.

Amazing to see Arshad win.

The subcontinent takes 1 and 2 again for javelin from Tokyo. A discipline which needs immense strength and skill. Up yours to the haters who say these nations can't be top tier athletes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back