Arshad Nadeem Wins Gold Medal for Pakistan

Arshad Nadim not only won Gold but broke 118 year Olympics Record.
Well done , you are a hero.

According to the news 118 year Javelin record.

118 years means 1906 and Javelin Throw first played in Modern Olympics in 1908. So ARY/Capital Tv etc kept their standard.

He scored a 92.97m, it's official mate.

That puts him at Olympic record, but second place for all-time global record

Regarding All-time global record:
The Arshad Nadeem throw now stands as the sixth longest throw ever. (not second).

Last edited:

Javelin star Arshad Nadeem ends Pakistan’s 40-year wait for Olympic gold

Anushe Engineer
August 8, 2024

Arshad Nadeem at the Paris Olympics 2024 men’s javelin final at Stade de France, France, Paris, Aug 8. — Reuters

Arshad Nadeem at the Paris Olympics 2024 men’s javelin final at Stade de France, France, Paris, Aug 8. — Reuters

Arshad Nadeem of Pakistan celebrates with his national flag after winning gold as he stands next to a screen displaying his new Olympic record

Arshad Nadeem of Pakistan celebrates with his national flag after winning gold as he stands next to a screen displaying his new Olympic record

Arshad Nadeem set a new Olympic record on Thursday and ended Pakistan’s 32-year wait for success at the Games by clinching the coveted gold medal in the men’s javelin final in Paris.

The Mian Channu-born was slow off the blocks, registering a no-throw on his first attempt of the night but shocked everyone on his second attempt, with a monstrous 92.97-m throw, which the rest of the field could not even come close for the rest of the competition.

Behind Nadeem on the podium was rival and reigning champion Neeraj Chopra, who also had a foul throw on his first attempt before eventually settling for a silver medal finish with an 89.45m throw on his second attempt.

Grenada’s Anderson Peters took home bronze, his first ever Olympic medal, with an 88.54m throw.

Nadeem’s throw was Pakistan’s first individual gold medal, first track and field medal and the second time a South Asian has had a podium finish in track and field.

It also shattered the previous Olympic record of 90.57m, set by the Netherlands’ Andreas Thorkildsen at the Beijing 2008 Olympics. The throw now stands as the sixth longest throw ever.

Tonight’s final ignited Pakistan-India rivalry that Nadeem and Chopra have kept alive over the years. Just last year, the duo went 1-2 as Chopra bagged gold and Nadeem took home silver at the World Athletics Championship

All the great mojo and kudos you gave to Chopra back in Tokyo @Waz

It was not forgotten my friend and now it has helped carry your countryman to his gold now.

I hope it spurs larger inspiration and renaissance in region to continue to invest and train in athletics and many more manner of sports.

Our countries have the talent like any other, we need the investment and commitment that is all.

Congrats to Pakistan. Very well done, I was watching this all live!
It indeed is very uplifting to witness Pakistan and India securing gold and silver Olympic medals in athletics, a triumph for the entire region. Even more captivating is the fact that the top three javelin throws today came from athletes hailing from the Punjab region, a land divided between these two nations yet united in excellence.

How old is he?

How long can a javelin thrower throw, before age catches up with him?

How old is he?

How long can a javelin thrower throw, before age catches up with him?

He is born on 2 January 1997. He is still in his growth trajectory and today's was his best.

Rest I don't know.

Almost 93 m's throw, what a man, congratulations to all of my country men and the GOAT 🐐 Arshad Nadeem, for breaking the medal drought after 32 years.

Nadeem, now 27, calls that throw the best of his career so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back