Assam Reform Politics: 'Bid To Wipe Out All Muslims' - says I.N.D.I Alliance

Sharma Ji

Banned
Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
In the latest episode of Newshour Debate, Navika Kumar discusses over politics over Assam Reforms by CM Himanta Sarma. Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced the cancellation of the two-hour namaz break on Fridays in the Assam Legislative Assembly, citing it as a step towards enhancing productivity and shedding colonial-era practices. The decision, which was made public on Friday, eliminates a long-standing provision that allowed Muslim lawmakers and staff members to take a break for Friday prayers, or namaz.

----------------------------
🏏 @vsdoc @Guru Dutt @Mrloveday @Pingle @Cryptonian @Raj-Hindustani @Nilgidi @Zoe Searer 🏏

In the latest episode of Newshour Debate, Navika Kumar discusses over politics over Assam Reforms by CM Himanta Sarma. Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sarma announced the cancellation of the two-hour namaz break on Fridays in the Assam Legislative Assembly, citing it as a step towards enhancing productivity and shedding colonial-era practices. The decision, which was made public on Friday, eliminates a long-standing provision that allowed Muslim lawmakers and staff members to take a break for Friday prayers, or namaz.

----------------------------
🏏 @vsdoc @Guru Dutt @Mrloveday @Pingle @Cryptonian @Raj-Hindustani @Nilgidi @Zoe Searer 🏏

Who is this @Zoe Searer fella you tagged?

This types of news is regular thing in India.

Then you have Indian media screaming pErSEcUTIon oF hINdUS iN bANgLaDesH
Please try to understand; Bangladesh, and Bangladeshis, have to decide whether or not to react to Indian media filth, or even to react to ironies in Indian media behaviour.

Let them print that kind of news (the lady in question is a well-known running dog of the Sangh Parivar), and let them plunge a wooden stake into the heart of Irony. Why bring it up at all?

Guys, its a panel discussion and both motions, for and against, have people speaking.

Lawmakers are a mostly useless bunch anyway, its a good move to try and improve productivity and efficiency. I'd have said the same if some Hindu or Sikh or Buddhist or whoever else wanted hours worth of break to pray ?

wtf is up with this bs ?

I wouldn't allow my employees to go to mandir/masjid/gurudwara whatever when they're on the clock.

I wouldn't allow my employees to go to mandir/masjid/gurudwara whatever when they're on the clock.
For none of the others is it a mandatory act. Stop acting half-witted.

Guys, its a panel discussion and both motions, for and against, have people speaking.

Lawmakers are a mostly useless bunch anyway, its a good move to try and improve productivity and efficiency. I'd have said the same if some Hindu or Sikh or Buddhist or whoever else wanted hours worth of break to pray ?

wtf is up with this bs ?

Taking bath in toxic ganga is ok because hinduism say so. But will prevent 2 hours break once a week to increase productivity?

If you want to reform religion then why not start with hindu laws which are imposed on all of Indians irrespective of their religion.

wtf is up with this bs ?

That's because you're an idiot. Do you work? I suppose when you work you don't spend time talking to co-workers? You are never on PDF? You don't take a smoking break? You don't make tea? You don't drink water? You don't go to the toilet?

Workers do all these things - nobody works 100% of the time at work. If someone wants to take a 5 minute break to pray - what's the big deal? He or she could easily be using the same 5 minute to eat a snack or go to smoke.

On a standard 9-5 shift people will only need 1 prayer break for the early afternoon prayer (zuhr). It can be performed in a clean corner of the office in 5 minutes. Only on a Friday it is obligatory for it to be performed at the masjid in congregation. At that point - they ought to take an extended lunch and out of courtesy make up the extra time.

Its really simple everywhere else in the world.

In a 9 hour shift, you get 1 hour break. It's up to the employee how he uses the break. But 2 hours break for Namaz is no no. No body prays for 2 hours. Muslims can easily manage the breaks and pray on fridays.

Taking bath in toxic ganga is ok because hinduism say so. But will prevent 2 hours break once a week to increase productivity?

If you want to reform religion then why not start with hindu laws which are imposed on all of Indians irrespective of their religion.
It's the same for everyone, other religions don't get this privilege, no one is asking to reform religion. They are trying to reform the break timing culture.

That's because you're an idiot. Do you work? I suppose when you work you don't spend time talking to co-workers? You are never on PDF? You don't take a smoking break? You don't make tea? You don't drink water? You don't go to the toilet?

Workers do all these things - nobody works 100% of the time at work. If someone wants to take a 5 minute break to pray - what's the big deal? He or she could easily be using the same 5 minute to eat a snack or go to smoke.

On a standard 9-5 shift people will only need 1 prayer break for the early afternoon prayer (zuhr). It can be performed in a clean corner of the office in 5 minutes. Only on a Friday it is obligatory for it to be performed at the masjid in congregation. At that point - they ought to take an extended lunch and out of courtesy make up the extra time.

Its really simple everywhere else in the world.
That pretty simple actually, all it takes is managing the breaks to accommodate the prayer time on Friday. Problem was no one tried it.

It's the same for everyone, other religions don't get this privilege, no one is asking to reform religion. They are trying to reform the break timing culture.

Its 2 hours break once a week. Do hindus work non stop all the time in working hours? give me a break

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back