Bangladesh Navy

Arthur

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Welcome all!

Latest in acquisition, BN will Purchase UAV systems for maritime surveillance.

The type or number of system is yet to be published. But strong possibility for both rotary & fixed wing systems.

Last edited:
Welcome all!

Latest in acquisition, BN will Purchase UAV systems for maritime surveillance.

The type or number of system is yet to be published. But strong possibility for both rotary & fixed wing systems.
Unarmed UAVs are too little, too late, now. They need to be armed, so UCAVs are need of the hour. And I still haven't heard anything about Bangladesh no-Air Force having any plans for UCAV type drones. BDR also needs (both UAV and) UCAVs. But I suppose those are for separate threads.

Unarmed UAVs are too little, too late, now. They need to be armed, so UCAVs are need of the hour. And I still haven't heard anything about Bangladesh no-Air Force having any plans for UCAV type drones. BDR also needs (both UAV and) UCAVs. But I suppose those are for separate threads.
BN needs both rotary (for shipborne) & fixed wing (land based long range) systems.

IMO they are a bit late to the game. But better late than never. (Specially after the ASW & Heavy frigae saga)

There seem to be heavy inference with acquisition program from groups with vested interest.

The 'mata ji' & her cronies wants to loot Bangladesh till the last penny & they view money going to defence purchase as taking away their food.

While a certain insecure toddler of a nation views every purchase as a threat to their interest and is trying to block it through the first group.

What an absolute duo we have!

In history

BNS Omar Faruq

fe315f781d9f789567d6c5a8a16c0b77.jpg

BNS Osman

de0905195b020ad30166c51804f2d7a4.jpg

Aerial view of BNS Sheikh Hasina first submarine base of Bangladesh Navy (BN) built by Chinese company PTI. BN operates two refitted Type 35G Ming Class subs (ex-PLAN 356,357)

Originally posted by ghazi52 in old PDF.

FsJllnmWYAMr2u_.jpg

FsJlln4XgAE8uQh.jpg

Sher E Bangla Naval Base Inauguration (July 2023)​

This is the largest Naval base in Bangladesh.

The following ships were commissioned during the base inauguration ceremony -

Padma-class patrol crafts
Armament: One Bofors 40 mm L/60 cannon and a pair of 12.7mm CIS 50MGs. All these ships can lay mines and can carry MANPADs.

Also 4 Dolphin Class Landing crafts were commissioned.

Hi @Waz

Kindly make this a sticky thread.

Thank you

Great thread. Thank you for contributing.

BNS Bijoy

image_9ad495732b.jpg

BNS.jpg

bangladesh_navy_ship_bns_bijoy-tbs.jpg

OPV-BNS-Dhaleshwari.jpg

Acquisition plans seems to be taken off from priority.

Same goes with High performance frigate programme

Looks like BD to remain a pushover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back