Bangladesh Socio-Political Crisis 2024

Mahmudur Rahman is just an intellectual plagiarist and madcap who thought he could ignite a revolution by getting arrested but instead wasted several years in jail without anyone really caring or doing anything about it. He doesn't belong to the American panel and so has been discriminated against.

His being sent to jail does differ from how others have been treated and raises the question about the sincerity and competence of the Interim Government. For some reason the IG has retained all the corrupt and controversial judges of the High Court which suggests that Asif Nazrul, Md. Asaduzzaman and CJ Rifat Ahmed are actually doing politics rather than trying to reform the judicial system.

The reform agenda currently looks like a joke. People are fast losing faith in the IG and becoming frustrated at its slowness and broken promises.

@LeonBlack08 @Alter_Ego @Bengal71
Take two third of what he said. But there is no doubt that this is absolutely shameful for this government. As pinaki said, except for martyrs, there is no one with greater sacrifice and contribution than Mahmudur Rahman. Lots of people came later when they saw a movement already in motion. But he stood alone for a long time against the facist regime. He stood for our sovereignty and our democratic rights against internal and external enemies.

View attachment 68591

I will keep quiet until January. So far we don't want to cause division for enemies to exploit against the Interim government. However, when Yunus has a better control, we must voice our worries and dissatisfactions in the strongest terms possible. If neccessary we must take it to the streets again. This revolution is incomplete without him walking free among us.

Will watch it later but it disturbed me too that he was put to jail on the fake charge laid by Hasina regime.

Another concerning news came out that a small team of army men arrested an individual who ran the organization Ma er Daak. The same organization who exposed Hasina's secret prisons. Looks like there is no appetite to shut these facilities down. Will post more on it after work today.

Mahmudur Rahman is just an intellectual plagiarist and madcap who thought he could ignite a revolution by getting arrested but instead wasted several years in jail without anyone really caring or doing anything about it

What a disrespectful nonsense.

"জানা গেছে জনৈক মেজর সাখাওয়াতের নেতৃত্বে একটি সেনাদল বাংলাদেশ সময় দুপুর তিনটার সময় মায়ের ডাক সংগঠনের Sanjida Islam Tulee'র বড় ভাই সাইফুল ইসলাম শ্যামলকে তুলে নিয়ে যায়। এবং ওই বাসার সিসিটিভি ডিভাইস খুলে ফেলার চেষ্টাও করে।

সেনা সদরদপ্তরে কথা বলে জানতে পারি অস্ত্র আছে এমন অভিযোগ পেয়ে ওই বাসায় অভিযান চালানো হয়। কিন্তু যেহেতু কোন অস্ত্রই ওই বাসায় পাওয়া যায়নি, তাহলে কি কারণে শ্যামল'কে তুলে নিয়ে যাওয়া হলো? সেনাসদর সূত্রে জানানো হয়েছে জনাব সাইফুল ইসলাম শ্যামলকে দ্রুত ছেড়ে দেয়া হবে।" @LeonBlack08

No, but they are not ঝানু statemen to navigate through the hurdles of exisitng Awami bureaucracy and state institutions. You have no idea how massive these are. And they are just bunch of NGO guys and university professors.

Also, in politics you don't give an inch to your opponents, esp. if it is BAL. But these guys works with NGO's 'inclusive mentality', so they are comfortable working with many from the previous regime.

Since you live in Bd, I will give you the benefit of the doubt.

Just make me understand, how a damn Banker was selected as health advisor? Additionally, this person is not even in good health. she was hospitalized recently. I mean what kind of crap is this?

I don't see how this is neccessary. Vast majority of the traitors are Muslims. All Hassina's top military and intelligence officials are Muslims. Same is true with bureaucrats and BAL Cadre.

My proposal is that we castrate DGFI and keep military out of intelligence business inside the border. fully empower NSI and National Telecommunication Monitoring Centre under civilian leadership. And spy on just about everyone and everything in this country.

Your proposal is okay. My understanding is that demographics do not only relate to religion or ethnicity. It can refer to age, gender, marital status, family size, income, education, occupation, nationality among others. There is even political demography. It matters if we are to 'spy' on everyone and everything. Demographics is important. You can't even market a simple product without studying demographics and coming up with a demographic profile of your target population. Let alone intelligence operations to keep the nation safe.

I know that the majority of traitors are Muslim. Hell, the biggest traitor this nation ever produced was a Muslim and an army man still happily jacking off in America to this very day. Still, it was freaky reading what a ratio of well-educated Bangladeshi Hindus were doing with Indian nationals. Who knows. They can be dangerous if well funded and networked. Luckily, their threat levels are minimal at least for now. Notice the timing was exactly after the fall of Hasina. We should keep an eye as to who they are talking to, where and in whose network those persons they were talking to belong to and what their plans are. I genuinely want to understand why did they choose to be part of this.

The DGFI is bona fide military intelligence. They must have no business in civilian affairs. Their job is to fight the nation's enemies. Unfortunately, Hasina misused that agency's resources and talents for her own lust for unlimited power. The DGFI must be configured solely for military intelligence and nothing else. Let alone the whims of a greedy leader.

The NSI must be developed more to the capacity that they can keep an eye on everyone and everything. This includes collaboration with intelligence agencies around the globe. This way, it will be a robust agency.

He is already doing his best. Let's us be respectful toward veteran members.

Sure.

As far as profiling is concerned, that is entirely your option, and will speak to the world about more than merely your mind-set. Good luck with that.

I will keep your advice in mind. Thanks.

Last edited:
Your proposal is okay. My understanding is that demographics do not only relate to religion or ethnicity. It can refer to age, gender, marital status, family size, income, education, occupation, nationality among others. It matters if we are to 'spy' on everyone and everything. Demographics is important. You can't even market a simple product without studying demographics and coming up with a demographic profile of your target population. Let alone intelligence operations to keep the nation safe.

I know that the majority of traitors are Muslim. Hell, the biggest traitor this nation ever produced was a Muslim and an army man still happily jacking off in America to this very day. Still, it was freaky reading what a ratio of well-educated Bangladeshi Hindus were doing with Indian nationals. Who knows. They can be dangerous if well funded and networked. Luckily, their threat levels are minimal at least for now. Notice the timing was exactly after the fall of Hasina. We should keep an eye out as to who they are talking to, where and in whose network those persons they were talking to belong to and what their plans are. I genuinely want to understand why they did it.

The DGFI is bona fide military intelligence. They must have no business in civilian affairs. Their job is to fight the nation's enemies. Unfortunately, Hasina misused that agency's resources and talents for her own lust for unlimited power. The DGFI must be configured solely for military intelligence and nothing else. Let alone the whims of a greedy leader.

The NSI's must be developed more to the capacity that they can keep an eye on everyone and everything. This includes collaboration with intelligence agencies around the globe. This way, it will be a robust agency.

Sure.

I will keep your advise in mind. Thanks.
That was 'advice', I presume.

Call me pessimist but this IG running like turtle while Awami top brass killer running away from Bd like rabbit.

I feel like they have negotiated behind the scene with Awami killers.

I will be happy if I am proven wrong but my 6th sense usually correct most of the time.

I recall that there were rumors that key AL leaders like Arafat, Kader among others were in army custody in some secured location. Likely in a cantonment area. Their passports were seized.

Negotiations of letting them go may be a possibility. Though I have no idea why the IG would do this. Or did they do this by imposing certain conditions? That would be a bad idea IMO.

That was 'advice', I presume.

Gee, thanks for correcting me.

I recall that there were rumors that key AL leaders like Arafat, Kader among others were in army custody in some secured location. Likely in a cantonment area. Their passports were seized.

Negotiations of letting them go may be a possibility. Though I have no idea why the IG would do this. Or did they do this by imposing certain conditions? That would be a bad idea IMO.

Gee, thanks for correcting me.
Not correction, a suggestion.

You didn't answer my question.

Second, not Bangladesh, but East Pakistan, was the product of the Two Nation Theory. There is a direct contradiction between the two states and their reasons for existence.

No disrespect intended, but this is a classic example of viewing Bangladesh through an Indian prism.

Naam ki tabdil hony ne se ruh tabdil nahi hoti haiN, Mohtaram.

The soul of East Pakistan is still in our hearts. We did not abandon Islam just because our country’s name, flag, and national anthem were changed without our consent.

regards,

No disrespect intended, but this is a classic example of viewing Bangladesh through an Indian prism.

Naam ki tabdil hony ne se ruh tabdil nahi hoti haiN, Mohtaram.

The soul of East Pakistan is still in our hearts. We did not abandon Islam just because our country’s name, flag, and national anthem were changed without our consent.

regards,
Your view is worth respect.
Allow me to differ. Abandoning the Two Nation Theory is not abandoning Islam. The Two Nation Theory was political Islam, not the same thing as Islam.
Similarly, Hindutva is political Hinduism, not the same thing as Hinduism.

Your view is worth respect.
Allow me to differ. Abandoning the Two Nation Theory is not abandoning Islam. The Two Nation Theory was political Islam, not the same thing as Islam.
Similarly, Hindutva is political Hinduism, not the same thing as Hinduism.
I respectfully disagree. The TNT will die in Bangladesh when its people change their religious beliefs from Islam to something else. If the TNT were dead, Mujib's statues would have remained intact. However, as you saw, all of Mujib's statues were demolished within hours of Hasina's fall. It was a spectacular display of coordination and Imani Jazba.

Please not that, for Muslims, Islam or deen is part of daily life. Politics is part of life. Our leader, Nabi Kareem (SAW) led Muslims from from front- battlefield to statesman. He established "Ryasat e Madina"

regards,

Man, equating East Pakistan and Islam is troubling.

East Pakistan was a failed experiment. We thought we could live together with Pakistanis on the basis of same religion. Clearly, they weren't that type of 'ideal Muslims' and it didn't work out.

However, I agree that it doesn't invalidate the two nation theory. And first independence (1947) was as important as the second one.

Man, equating East Pakistan and Islam is troubling.

East Pakistan was a failed experiment. We thought we could live together with Pakistanis on the basis of same religion. Clearly, they weren't that type of 'ideal Muslims' and it didn't work out.

However, I agree that it doesn't invalidate the two nation theory. And first independence (1947) was as important as the second one.

Are Bhai, don't get hooked up with technicality. Pakistan or pak watan was a good name if you think it through. It has a great meaning. People from both sides decided on that name.

We did not get along so we separated but that is another subject.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts

Back