China and India - How is India viewed in China?

Please consider this to be the opening post in a discussion about China and India.

@Michael - please feel free to invite those whom you wish to involve in a discussion. I hope to find another suitable post about how China is viewed in India.

@Krptonite
@Nilgiri

@Afif - in case you are interested.

The (MS edge) link in starting post doesn't seem to be working for me.

Is this the article you were going for?:

Pew has this series for the reverse direction:

We can continue here, or the india-china relations thread (the last page for the current convo with michael):

I will move/combine the replies wherever you guys decide.

My intention was to explore some of the reasons why India hates China (or India thinks China hates India). I don't know much about the professional members on the PDF, so I'm sending you an invitation to start the conversation.

For such controversial topics, we cannot look at the problem from a single angle one-sidedly, and we need to take different standpoints. If we only report and analyze through the Chinese media or the India media, we cannot see the essence of the problem.

Of course, this topic will inevitably extend to the broader Sino-Indian relationship. We can set up a topic for in-depth discussion on the causes of the current tension between China and India, which is more in line with the purpose of having an active in-depth discussion between the two sides. We can start with hot-button issues such as economic confrontation or military confrontation, so as to appropriately extend the broader Sino-Indian relationship.

Like what
India friends expressed concern about the current situation of China's troops stationed in the border areas, believing that this is China's "military threat" against India and planning to carry out "armed aggression" against India. I can make a rational analysis of these military deployments from the perspective of Chinese................
The India government's "economic blackmail" against some Chinese-invested companies in India has made Chinese companies very worried. Friends India can analyze these events from the perspective of India people...................
and so on

@Nilgiri I took a very good look at the "india-China relations" thread. It seems to have been heavily tainted (There are some guys that have been ignored by me, I can't see the full content, and I don't want to see these either). Whether it's continuing the original thread or restarting a new thread, I'm fine. But I hope it's a very rigorous discussion, and I don't want to be ruined by some ignorant nasty people, and that requires some effort on your part from the members of the management team..................

If you decide to start a new thread, you can either move the original statement over or start over completely. Some of the already widely considered nuisances can be banned from this new thread outright. While this may not seem like the rules of an open forum, I think it's a necessary step given the precedent of the destruction of many of PDF's great topics.

@Joe Shearer, the link you provided is completely inaccessible to me.

============================================================

我的本意,是希望对印度仇视中国(或者印度认为中国仇视印度)的原因进行一些探讨。我对PDF上的专业成员了解不多,所以才向您发出邀请,开启这个话题。

对于这种争议话题,不能片面的从单一角度看待问题,需要不同立场的态度。如果我们只通过中国媒体或者印度媒体的报道和分析,是无法看清问题的本质。

当然,这种话题会不可避免的延申到更为广泛的中印关系。我们可以建立一个对当前中印关系紧张的原因进行深度讨论的话题,这更符合彼此之间进行积极的深度讨论的目的。我们可以从经济对抗或者军事对抗这些热点问题开始,从而适度延申更为广泛的中印关系。

比如
印度朋友对当前中国在边境地区驻军的情况表示担忧,认为这是中国对印度实施"军事威胁",计划对印度实施"武装侵略"。我可以从中国人的角度来对这些军事部署做理性的分析................
印度政府对一些中国在印度投资的企业实施"经济讹诈",让中国企业非常担忧。各位印度朋友可以从印度人的角度来分析这些事件...................
诸如此类形式的互动

@Nilgiri 我非常认真的看了“india-china relations”线程。它似乎已经被严重污染(有一些家伙已经被我忽视,我看不到完整的内容,我也不想看到这些)。无论是继续原来的线程,还是重新开启一个新的线程,我都没问题。但我希望是一个非常严谨的讨论,不希望被一些无知的讨厌鬼破坏,这需要你们管理组成员做出一些努力..................

如果你们决定重新开启一个新的线程,可以将原来的发言转移过来,也可以完全重新开始。可以将一些已经被广泛认为的讨厌鬼直接禁止进入这个新的线程。虽然看上去这不符合公开论坛的规矩,但基于PDF众多优秀话题被破坏的先例,我认为这是必须的措施。

@Joe Shearer 你提供的链接我也完全无法访问。

Anecdotally, and this may surprise some here, I actually haven't personally heard a lot of people talk smack about China. Regular people, that is, not the 'sansani' news channels.

Even post recent border clashes, most of the talk I heard was about decoupling trade ties to the extent possible and how its time to get our own manufacturing sector in order. Diwali firecrackers and light decoration to even idols of our Gods.. mobile phones, regular household conveniences, everything seems to be made in China. The strained ties have given us some pause and cause to reflect.

Then of course there is the little matter of the Sino-Pak alliance and border disputes but I suspect the average person on the street still does not view China as enemy no 1.. maybe we should, but Pakistan, unsurprisingly, retains top spot there with BD fast catching up.

The (MS edge) link in starting post doesn't seem to be working for me.

Is this the article you were going for?:

Pew has this series for the reverse direction:

We can continue here, or the india-china relations thread (the last page for the current convo with michael):

I will move/combine the replies wherever you guys decide.
Great! Let's go with these two.

Anecdotally, and this may surprise some here, I actually haven't personally heard a lot of people talk smack about China. Regular people, that is, not the 'sansani' news channels.

Even post recent border clashes, most of the talk I heard was about decoupling trade ties to the extent possible and how its time to get our own manufacturing sector in order. Diwali firecrackers and light decoration to even idols of our Gods.. mobile phones, regular household conveniences, everything seems to be made in China. The strained ties have given us some pause and cause to reflect.

Then of course there is the little matter of the Sino-Pak alliance and border disputes but I suspect the average person on the street still does not view China as enemy no 1.. maybe we should, but Pakistan, unsurprisingly, retains top spot there with BD fast catching up.
Current. This new thread is still in preparation.

When the discussion begins, you can give your point of view from the perspective of the Indian, and I can give my point of view from the perspective of the Chinese.

It was a very meaningful interaction.

As one of the initiators of this new topic, I shared the common goal with several veteran India mods: this is a rational discussion!

My intention was to explore some of the reasons why India hates China...
With that statement, you are starting off on the wrong foot. Most Indians do not hate China. There are many apprehensions about China, regarding the border issue and some trade related issues. But hate is a very strong (and erroneous) word.

With that statement, you are starting off on the wrong foot. Most Indians do not hate China. There are many apprehensions about China, regarding the border issue and some trade related issues. But hate is a very strong (and erroneous) word.
Oh, and unfortunately, I can't accurately express my thoughts using the proper English words. I have stated this issue on many occasions.

Machine translation cannot express it accurately. If communication is abandoned for this reason, it will create even greater misunderstandings.

Communication and integration are mutual, requiring mutual understanding and respect.

Perhaps, to use the phrase "the cause of tensions between China and India"?

=============================================================

噢,很遗憾,我无法准确的使用适当的英语单词来表达我的想法。我已经在很多场合声明这个问题。

机器翻译无法准确表达。如果因为这个原因而放弃沟通,那将会造成更大的误解。

沟通与融合是相互的,需要彼此理解和尊重。

或许,使用“中印关系紧张的原因”这个说法?

I'll try again. @Nilgiri has faced the same problem, and perhaps using his link may solve the problem.
Joe bro, what you have done posted is a direct search bar copy paste from edge, one can also see it seems from some sort of a work or a new laptop, better delete the whole thing...

I am not sure but I think this is how India is viewed in China.

No F is given.

Joe bro, what you have done posted is a direct search bar copy paste from edge, one can also see it seems from some sort of a work or a new laptop, better delete the whole thing...
Oh, OK. Shall do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back