China shows science is not dependent on liberal democracy

All and you can not name a few? heh

Let me give you counter examples of few civilian technologies and products exported from Soviet Russia to rest of the world.

1. https://www.nytimes.com/1975/05/19/...p-exports-of-tractors-to-us-soviet-union.html

Soviet tractors found their way EVEN in USA.

2. The High Tech of 50s, 60s

Soviet appliances. Found their way in most of iron curtain countries.

3. Soviet cars, especially Gaz Volga found its way around the world including China. It was produced in China under license.

Even now, it looks beautiful.

1726030474513.png

Very nice design language. Very clean dash design.

1726030554116.png

All and you can not name a few? heh

Let me give you counter examples of few civilian technologies and products exported from Soviet Russia to rest of the world.

1. https://www.nytimes.com/1975/05/19/...p-exports-of-tractors-to-us-soviet-union.html

Soviet tractors found their way EVEN in USA.

2. The High Tech of 50s, 60s

Soviet appliances. Found their way in most of iron curtain countries.

3. Soviet cars, especially Gaz Volga found its way around the world including China. It was produced in China under license.

Even now, it looks beautiful.

View attachment 64327

Very nice design language. Very clean dash design.

View attachment 64329
Go and check what Chinese cars can do now

Governor of California flies to BYD factory in China; 'they're the best in the world'​

Go and check what Chinese cars can do now
So? You want to compare technology from 50s and 60s to now?

BTW, I am still waiting for civilian fields that you mentioned Soviets were not good at.

"All" is wrong as I have shown you above.

So? You want to compare technology from 50s and 60s to now?

BTW, I am still waiting for fields that you mentioned Soviets were not good at.

"All" is wrong as I have shown you above.
All, cars, computers, phones, air conditions, TVs, refrigerators..... everything you use in your home, USSR's failure largely was due to its lack of civil technology and manufacturing.

USSR's failure largely was due to its lack of civil technology and manufacturing.
False. I have shown you just now that Soviet Russia was not only producing a number of civil technologies, it was exporting and licensing others to produce them. Infact China was one of licensee.

False. I have shown you just now that Soviet Russia was not only producing a number of civil technologies, it was exporting and licensing others to produce them. Infact China was one of licensee.
Lol , false? It's a fact that everyone knows, go and ask Russians themselves. USSR had empty shelves in all stores in the end of their era.

Lol , false? It's a fact that everyone knows, go and ask Russians themselves. USSR had empty shelves in all stores in the end of their era.
Remember, the point is about Field of Science, you are confusing it with economy or production. Soviets had great science and technology in most civilian sectors. They mismanaged economy and people.

A country can have greatest science and technology and can yet mismanage its economy and society into collapse.

Remember, the point is about Field of Science, you are confusing it with economy or production. Soviets had great science and technology in most civilian sectors. They mismanaged economy and people.

A country can have greatest science and technology and can yet mismanage its economy and society into collapse.
You better go and ask Russians themselves, everyone knows That USSR tilted too much on its defence and heavy industries and its civil technology was nowhere near the level of the west, you are just in denial. Now, almost all household products, electronics and appliances are made in China, how many Russian products did people see on the shelves of in all stores back in Soviet time?

Russia/ China/ Iran are making huge strides. There is no question about this. Very hard to beat these three.

Russia WAS in the Soviet days. It is basically achieving nothing now since much of the educated population has fled over the last 30 years.

Last edited:
Science really needs only two thing.
1. Scientific minded students
2. Generous funding

I had argued numerous times with Americans and many ABCs that tech innovations and scientific discoveries are not exclusive to modern democracies. At the very bottom, they come from needs and rewards. People who say otherwise turn their blind eyes to the glorious discovery periods in China's history.

Of course not. Those advocates of liberal democracy got it backward.

I had argued numerous times with Americans and many ABCs that tech innovations and scientific discoveries are not exclusive to modern democracies.

As people have mentioned all you have to do is say "Soviet Union" and all that goes out the window. While far from perfect their authoritarian regime did for instance send the first satellite and man into space. You can't take that away from them.

As people have mentioned all you have to do is say "Soviet Union" and all that goes out the window. While far from perfect their authoritarian regime did for instance send the first satellite and man into space. You can't take that away from them.
They did a lot more than satellite but you got the point. These liberal democracy crazy don't know much about history or currect events.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back