Chinese people are living two years longer thanks to ‘war on pollution,’ while air pollution gets worse in South Asia: report

Lol. And I am participating by expressing respectfully my interpretation of the material posted within forum rules.
You are quitting , aren't you? changed your mind? You mean you can write the rules of this forum? are you sure?

You are quitting , aren't you? changed your mind? You mean you can write the rules of this forum? are you sure?
I am merely following the rules. I can post my views about the material posted. That is all. 😁

I am merely following the rules. I can post my views about the material posted. That is all. 😁
I m posting China related contents in the Chinese section, which rule did I break? Are you going to delete my posts in this thread or delete this whole thread all together and ban me? lol, you must think you own this site.

I m posting China related contents in the Chinese section, which rule did I break? Are you going to delete my posts in this thread or delete this whole thread all together and ban me? lol, you must think you own this site.

I don’t have any moderating privileges. I am here as a mere member the same as you. Relax.

I don’t have any moderating privileges. I am here as a mere member the same as you. Relax.
Good, then I'll go on, if I pissed you off... Be my guest.

How China is Fighting Air Pollution and Climate Change (and is Winning)​

The number is beyond 42%.

Unless the economy is not growing, the industry is not expanding... And the pollution is falling 42%.

If the economy is growing, car ownership is growing, and the industry is growing... But the pollution is falling 42%.

It's like 100 + 50 - 92 = 42.
100 is starting point
50 is economic growth, car ownership growth, and industrial expansion
92 is the effort to combat pollution
42 is the final number

So, the real number is actually 92%, literally.

The number is beyond 42%.

Unless the economy is not growing, the industry is not expanding... And the pollution is falling 42%.

If the economy is growing, car ownership is growing, and the industry is growing... But the pollution is falling 42%.

It's like 100 + 50 - 92 = 42.
100 is starting point
50 is economic growth, car ownership growth, and industrial expansion
92 is the effort to combat pollution
42 is the final number

So, the real number is actually 92%, literally.
Tens of billions dollars were put in to fix the air pollution issues, now China emerged as the runaway leader in global clean energy.

Air quality in China: Pollution levels down by 42% over the past ten years • FRANCE 24 English

Tens of billions dollars were put in to fix the air pollution issues, now China emerged as the runaway leader in global clean energy.

Air quality in China: Pollution levels down by 42% over the past ten years • FRANCE 24 English

As more and more people buy EV, the pollution will drop even further.

I can't imagine if one day, 90% of the car in China is EV, how many air pollution will be gone? And then the rest of the world too.

China efforts to fight pollution and deforestation are amazing.

Not many countries who do research in green tech, get the real result, and even lowering the price up to affordable level, that lead to green tech booming around the world. Solar panel, EV.

China, to fight deforestation is not just waiting and letting the nature heal by itself, letting the forest grow by itself. But instead, planting tree one by one, and it's in the desert too.

Not many countries who planting tree one by one in gigantic scale.

As more and more people buy EV, the pollution will drop even further.

I can't imagine if one day, 90% of the car in China is EV, how many air pollution will be gone? And then the rest of the world too.

China efforts to fight pollution and deforestation are amazing.

Not many countries who do research in green tech, get the real result, and even lowering the price up to affordable level, that lead to green tech booming around the world. Solar panel, EV.

China, to fight deforestation is not just waiting and letting the nature heal by itself, letting the forest grow by itself. But instead, planting tree one by one, and it's in the desert too.

Not many countries who planting tree one by one in gigantic scale.

We can cut down on pollution not only by directly fighting it but also by moving production to other countries and it seems like Vietnam and India might experience a surge in air and water pollution down the line, considering recent trends. Actually, the image on the left in post #41 depicts the current situation in Hanoi and northern Vietnam because most of the major power plants and factories in heavy industries are concentrated in the northern region.

Well, the world doesn't end in 2024, does it? Industrializing the country following China's lead also has its own advantages. For instance, did you know that China sold some steelmaking technology to Vietnam? Smelting raw iron ore is very polluting, so they've outsourced it to developing countries like Vietnam, where the environmental regulations are quite lax. In exchange, China purchases semi-finished, tempered steel billets from Vietnam to roll into finished products.

https://en.vietnamplus.vn/hoa-phat-to-export-120000-tonnes-of-steel-billets-to-china/174167.vnp

We can cut down on pollution not only by directly fighting it but also by moving production to other countries and it seems like Vietnam and India might experience a surge in air and water pollution down the line, considering recent trends. Actually, the image on the left in post #41 depicts the current situation in Hanoi and northern Vietnam because most of the major power plants and factories in heavy industries are concentrated in the northern region.
Countries like India doesn't have much industries, but that doesn't stop them becoming the most air polluted countries in the world. It's all about how strong a will that the governments try to tackle this problem. Incapable governments and leaders would never make significant changes happen.

View attachment 55492

Percentages can be misleading. Where are the actual numbers of the reductions being claimed?
I am not sure if you know this, the world's largest producer and consumer of renewables is China.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back