Chinese SAC - FC-31/J-35 5th Gen Stealth Aircraft

View attachment 7109View attachment 7110Photoshopped 2D nozzle version + earlier scale model with 2D nozzles
If the WS-19 engine achieves 115-120 kn max thrust, the TWR of the J-35 should match that of the F-22. Then these 2D nozzles would really come in handy. Considering the KAAN may take a while to develop and for Pakistan to be able to afford it, Pakistan should hope the J-35 develops into everything the PAF needs at the high end; multirole and air superiority.

Last edited:
Interesting, I just found an image of a J-35 (the one on top) and thought "I know this already but it's slightly different"! 🤔

A quick reach resulted in one below, posted in May and allegedly showing prototype no. 350003 aka most likely now '3503'.

1727277736934.png

What a pity & damn annoying😞you're sitting near SAC, have the new fighter - the J-31 or whatever it is called - in full view, and then the camera stops working properly or you only have an old mobile at hand.

"Could" have been the clearest J-31 image so far! 😉

(Image via @鼎盛大彪 from Weibo)

J-31 best so far - 20240925 - 鼎盛大彪.jpg

What a pity & damn annoying😞you're sitting near SAC, have the new fighter - the J-31 or whatever it is called - in full view, and then the camera stops working properly or you only have an old mobile at hand.

View attachment 67203
Having a high-end camera, you might be charged with espionage. :)

View attachment 67203
Maybe it was a good picture, but perhaps at this stage it has been purposely degraded?

My comment was more meant as a joke and I‘m pretty sure there are already great high-resolution images available but they were not posted yet due to security concern.

But I cannot wait to see them …

You are wrong in this view.
It is not against the law to take and post these images in a public place. Taking and publicly posting pictures in special areas (no photography allowed) will result in a warning or penalty, but will not rise to the level of espionage.

My comment was more meant as a joke and I‘m pretty sure there are already great high-resolution images available but they were not posted yet due to security concern.

But I cannot wait to see them …
Analysing the current trend, 2024 Airshow Zhuhai, the probability of J31 and J35 appearing at the same time is high.

You are wrong in this view.
It is not against the law to take and post these images in a public place. Taking and publicly posting pictures in special areas (no photography allowed) will result in a warning or penalty, but will not rise to the level of espionage.

Analysing the current trend, 2024 Airshow Zhuhai, the probability of J31 and J35 appearing at the same time is high.

I think export versions of the J-35/31 may benefit from advertising to increase their visibility and appeal to potential customers. Keeping their development and availability secret might not be necessary in this context. If these aircraft are indeed available for export, it is likely that China will showcase them without any significant restrictions.

I think export versions of the J-35/31 may benefit from advertising to increase their visibility and appeal to potential customers. Keeping their development and availability secret might not be necessary in this context. If these aircraft are indeed available for export, it is likely that China will showcase them without any significant restrictions.
There is no need for advertising for a program like the 5th generation fighter. The core issue regarding its export is still political rather than the weapon itself.

The FC-31 was originally positioned as an exportable fifth-generation fighter, and SAC didn't do much to keep it secret.

The core of the issue is:
J-35 is already in scale production due to PLAN orders. the J-31's current order book is not enough to support a pulsating production line. So we see a lot of J-35 news and very little J-31 news.
PLAAF has not released any news about J-31 so far, they really have little interest in the current J-31. If PAF's J-31 order was in the hundreds, we would certainly see a lot of J-31 news. But that's just an unrealistic wish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back