Color film was built for white people. Here's what it did to dark skin.

Color film is for every body. Old black and white film I think also not representing brown people

Industry will chase where the consumer money is at any given point in time.

Just a clickbait video to trigger people.

Industry will chase where the consumer money is at any given point in time.

Just a clickbait video to trigger people.

Title yes, but the tech unfortunately was biased towards certain light skin tones. Even today you here claims of somebody's pic appearing lighter or darker than reality.

For instance people claimed Michael Jackson was using skin lighteners because he was "clearly darker" in earlier pictures when he was younger. Well maybe things aren't as "clear" as people think.

They showed Oprah Winfrey as an example in the video. Even today her skin tone fluctuates wildly.

Last edited:
Title yes, but the tech unfortunately was biased towards certain light skin tones. Even today you here claims of somebody's pic appearing lighter or darker than reality.

For instance people claimed Michael Jackson was using skin lighteners because he was "clearly darker" in earlier pictures when he was younger. Well maybe things aren't as "clear" as people think.

They showed Oprah Winfrey as an example in the video. Even today her skin tone fluctuates wildly.

Still comes down to chasing consumer dollars. I bet most dolls were also white skinned with Caucasian features because that's where the money was. As globalization kicked in, prosperity spread, and other races became customers, the industry adapted.

I still don't see any nefarious motives here.

Skin tone some how is not that static. For example, I am basically yellow-brown, but my skin can be really white under the sun. I mean I really dont see any yellow or brown tone in my skin anymore. Purely white.

I learn some how olive tone skin can be like that.

Google pixel phones have similar issues. Not accurate with coloured skin

Correct, it certainly wasn't intentional. It was just how much more money did they want to throw at it to get it perfect.
Considering the amount of sales these products generate in brown countries - it’s a long standing leftover from colonialism and not necessarily a “western” deal but a general global north vs south.

Cant help it if the Global south has generally been lazy because it historically has had easier access to agro resources which the colder harsher climates of the north did not provide.

After all these people colonized because they went looking for cumin

Correct, it certainly wasn't intentional. It was just how much more money did they want to throw at it to get it perfect.
Ghaad help ya if you’s own a gollywog doll today or a box of aunt Jemima’ pancake batter mix or Uncle Ben’s rice box……😝

Yous goin be labeled as the grand wizard of Mississippi or Alabama 😝

Can’t have none o that no more! It’s illegal.

Ghaad help ya if you’s own a gollywog doll today or a box of aunt Jemima’ pancake batter mix or Uncle Ben’s rice box……😝

Yous goin be labeled as the grand wizard of Mississippi or Alabama 😝

Can’t have none o that no more! It’s illegal.

aunt-jemima-transformation-CONTENT-2020.jpg

Hmm she seems less dark too.

Skin tones very often don't go with race, many Europeans look much darker than east Asians

微信图片_20230217185212.jpg

Skin tones very often don't go with race, many Europeans look much darker than east Asians

View attachment 60796
South European and some east European have dark skins.
The rest don't.
Places like Sicily in Italy or Crete in Greece have native brown people.

Some browniies in east Europe due to mixing with Ottoman empire.

The rest are white

South European and some east European have dark skins.
The rest don't.
Places like Sicily in Italy or Crete in Greece have native brown people.

Some browniies in east Europe due to mixing with Ottoman empire.

The rest are white
It has more to do with the climate, less with race.

stock-vector-human-skin-color-map-tone-average-world-light-to-darkest-melanin-area-asian-african-european-2362000293.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back