Discussion: Electronic devices based attack in Lebanon

I don’t think you understand the physics here.

For a battery to explode like that would require two things:

1. Battery to have the required energy capacity - those explosions were more than likely released a lot more energy than a pager battery could store.

2. If point 1. is satisfied then how are you remotely able to heat up the battery to such a high enough temperature to make it potentially explode?
Remember the circuitry is not built into the pager for you to allow this to happen remotely by for example mobile antenna signals.
Even it were possible the discomfort would have been so much that many Hezbollah fighters would have at least taken them out of their pockets and placed them away from their bodies.
Malware can be created to overheat devices. This happened in Natanz facility in Iran. Now my knowledge of the latest development is also limited so let's see what are the findings. But I think that full explanation is unlikely.

If the palestinian resistance is a 100 year 'war' (as you say), then the October attack was a 'battle'. Some dude decided to attack without calculating the outcome. It's like if Pakistan decided to Invade Bombay during Kargil - a decision someone took completely disregarding the enemy's capabilities.

Well, dude decided to go ahead and this is the result.
Yes " Dude" decided to have a go and that's much much more than your nation did for over 1000 years, dude.
Dude , as I have mentioned a few times us Bosnian Dudes killed more Europeans than Indian Dudes
So you are having a great day and carry on mocking but Yeusha made your days, but me personally made my day. OK, Dude.

And to think that pre 1975 Lebanon likely would have been an ally of Israel, nevermind being home to Hezbollah.

They tried to create two Israels,,

Their Lebanon plan failed

The Israeli plan will fail as well, Israel faces the exact same demographic pressure that Lebanon did, so if the resistance can keep Israel in a state of constant pressure and conflict and stop it from being a normal state all the while the Arab population increases within and around it you can recreate the Lebanon situation

It’s kind of expected to be honest. This is what happens when you rely upon your “enemies” to supply you with your technology needs. Even haniyeh was using iphone and WhatsApp. Why not develop your own phones, OS and apps?

What if there is a Plot twist?

What if Israel had nothing to do with it and low quality, sub standard pagers just exploded because of manufacturing defects? Wouldn't that be strange?
One or two explosions is bad PR for the manufacturer, imagine thousands of devices exploding around the same time.

Up to 1,200 Hezbollah terrorists have been maimed.

I have a feeling this will have more effect than any massive military action from Israel. Imagine 1000s of people have something blowing up right next to their ball$ in the bottom right pocket. I guess many will wonder if its all worth it and just quit Hizbolla/ Hamas.

Easier to take a bullet to the chest I think.

Doesn’t this mean most hezbollah fighters are unable to respond to an incoming Israeli attack/invasion?
Destroying these Hezbollah communication nodes would prevent coordinated defensive action if Israel attacked. I also read that some radios and other equipment were blown up as well.

Destroying these Hezbollah communication nodes would prevent coordinated defensive action if Israel attacked. I also read that some radios and other equipment were blown up as well.
They can invade now while most of hezbollah is in the hospital

Great you can take them, and they live amongst Hindus in India

They are absolutely hated in the middle east and have been the cause of immense suffering backed by the west
They did live among the Hindus of India for centuries. They were respected, because they contributed to the local culture instead of blowing up unbelievers.

Jews of Cochin

That's just one example.

Now they have a nation of their own - one their ancestors were expelled from, and which they have now returned to, and made a paradise of.

They aren't going anywhere - no matter how many barbarians in the middle east hate them, they are living and thriving and will continue to do so, because they are smarter than their enemies.

Quality is much more important than shoddy quantity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back