Dr. Shahiduzzaman: in order to change India’s habitual perception, our only answer as I feel is nuclearization.

No that is too much work and it will take too long. We are in hurry and we want to get it from West Pakistan.

East and west Pak reunit again under nuclear umbrella.
Ideally BD should be wise enough to not do that -- given how fucked up military rule is in Pakistan. But then BD has some really "fine" thinkers who will just do that. Its like running away from a thief and rushing straight into a gangster's arms.

But who knows! It is very much possible.

Does chemical and biological weapons can provide nuke like deterrence?

Bangladesh acceded to the Biological Weapons Convention. Having them won't provide the same level of deterrence and instead will do us more harm than good.

Possessing chemical and biological weapons will only work to harm our global reputation and could possibly seriously hurt our economy. It will also give justification to any possible Indian misadventure.

That is why I strongly believe we should stick to conventional defensive measures.

The number of nuclear powerplants in BD is zero. Where are they going to buy nukes from? Nobody sells it to. Any country acquiring nukes get sanctioned.

India isn't helping anyone, it doesn't have the capacity that China has for wealth input and investment.

May be Bangladesh can send some feelers to North Korea and import their missiles and some nukes. Fat boy does not care much about nuclear proliferation. They will sell you some of their old nukes -- which are much better than having no nukes. Even a single warhead nuke missile will be a major deterrant.

They can even give you nuke fuel and designs. And theirs are tested. So get MRBM missiles + nukes from them. Even 10-15 will be a good enough threat against India.

May be Bangladesh can send some feelers to North Korea and import their missiles and some nukes. Fat boy does not care much about nuclear proliferation. They will sell you some of their old nukes -- which are much better than having no nukes. Even a single warhead nuke missile will be a major deterrant.

They can even give you nuke fuel and designs. And theirs are tested. So get MRBM missiles + nukes from them. Even 10-15 will be a good enough threat against India.
Bangladesh is quickly becoming the next source of entertainment for Indians, right up there with Pakistan. I still can’t forget Sheikh Rashid's legendary 'paw, aadha paw' nuclear bomb threat. Pure comedy gold!

It's not always about nukes, their are multiple ways of Bangladesh being able to defend itself, Bangladesh has a population of near 200 million, that in of itself is a natural defence

Identity the enemy, understand those who seek to harm, hurt and dominate you and then plan to defend against that

I will say it again CHINA is vital for South Asia and vital for its defence and independent

Bangladesh is quickly becoming the next source of entertainment for Indians, right up there with Pakistan. I still can’t forget Sheikh Rashid's legendary 'paw, aadha paw' nuclear bomb threat. Pure comedy gold!
I dunno, they can invite Fat Kimmy for their Joy Bangla Dibas and test few missiles or something. Apparently Fatty has few solid fueled missiles with 1200-1500 KM range, covering a lot of India if launched from Banladesh.

4-5 10 Kt bomb on them will actually be a deterrence.

I am all for bilateral relationship with Bangladesh. I definitely see the possibility of Pakistan and Bangladesh having a productive bilateral relationship and Pakistan also providing arms to Bangladesh. But I am not sure about nuclear cover and China is very close to Myanmar while Bangladesh has tensions with Myanmar because Myanmar is oppressing Muslims in its lands? Bangladesh also have tensions with India? So Bangladesh needs to navigate through this dynamic in calculated ways and figure out what it can get from Pakistan. Perhaps the US can do more for Bangladesh on some counts and Pakistan can do more for Bangladesh on some counts? It comes down to foreign policy considerations of Bangladesh.

I have always maintained that Pakistan should have a strong economy so it can have foreign policy flexibility and options and the capacity to help a friendly Islamic country in profound ways. In an ideal world, Pakistan and Bangladesh could have punished Mynamar for oppressing Muslims in its lands but Pakistan has all eggs in one basket and have its limitations accordingly.

I absolutely welcome expansion of bilateral relations with Bangladesh in person. But I am not into rhetoric and will shed light on all realities that might be useful to Bangladesh.

Last edited:
I dunno, they can invite Fat Kimmy for their Joy Bangla Dibas and test few missiles or something. Apparently Fatty has few solid fueled missiles with 1200-1500 KM range, covering a lot of India if launched from Banladesh.

4-5 10 Kt bomb on them will actually be a deterrence.
I’ve never seen Indian Air Force bombing Bangladesh, nor have I heard of an Indian nuclear-capable missile hitting Bangladesh, or even the phenomenon of 'unknown gunmen' in Bangladesh. Yet, all these things happen in Pakistan, which ironically claims to have a credible nuclear deterrence against India. Even Afghanistan and Iran keep bombing Pakistan, so how exactly has this so-called nuclear deterrence helped them?

I’ve never seen Indian Air Force bombing Bangladesh, nor have I heard of an Indian nuclear-capable missile hitting Bangladesh, or even the phenomenon of 'unknown gunmen' in Bangladesh. Yet, all these things happen in Pakistan, which ironically claims to have a credible nuclear deterrence against India. Even Afghanistan and Iran keep bombing Pakistan, so how exactly has this so-called nuclear deterrence helped them?
God knows. May be it will get Yunus another No-Ballz prize.

Hi,

A lot is going to happen within a year---a lot.

Two surprises of my lifetime---being a young teenager in 1971---and a senior citizen now---.

Please hint....
He created a mockery of his own statement by mentioning Pakistan. If he had simply suggested that Bangladesh should develop nuclear weapons, he would have been taken more seriously.

It was just a statement to send a message I think, the mockery is us clowns on this forum taking it literally

It's obviously a lot for India to digest that these statements are coming out of Bangladesh

It's not always about nukes, their are multiple ways of Bangladesh being able to defend itself, Bangladesh has a population of near 200 million, that in of itself is a natural defence
220 million pakistani have not been able to defend themselves against their establishment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back