F-86 Sabre Slayer: Gun Cam Footage Shows IAF Gnat Owning PAF F-86s in '65

Fifa124

Reaction score
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Freshly unearthed gun camera footage spills the beans on a jaw-dropping dogfight during the 1965 Indo-Pak war. The IAF Gnat, dubbed the "Sabre Slayer," delivers a knockout blow to the PAF's F-86 Sabres, cementing its rep as the ultimate underdog turned top gun.

PAF lost three Sabre's to Gnats in 1965 and shot down two Gnats, and one captured Gnat flown by a foolish Indian pilot who landed it in Pakistan cuz he couldn’t navigate.

In 71 war PAF lost two Sabre's to Gnats and downed two Gnats in return.

I just don’t understand how this Sabre slayer thing came about?

PAF lost three Sabre's to Gnats in 1965 and shot down two Gnats, and one captured Gnat flown by a foolish Indian pilot who landed it in Pakistan cuz he couldn’t navigate.

In 71 war PAF lost two Sabre's to Gnats and downed two Gnats in return.

I just don’t understand how this Sabre slayer thing came about?
7 F-86 Sabres were shot down during the 1965 war, with the Indian Air Force losing only two Gnats in the process. The F-86 Sabre was a significant part of the PAF fleet, and the Gnat earned its reputation as the "Sabre Slayer" due to these encounters.

7 F-86 Sabres were shot down during the 1965 war, with the Indian Air Force losing only two Gnats in the process. The F-86 Sabre was a significant part of the PAF fleet, and the Gnat earned its reputation as the "Sabre Slayer" due to these encounters.

Do have any credible evidence from genuine reputable sources to confirm that.

Done ok

Freed Azad Kashmir and GB in 48, blocked India from central Asia, Russia and Afghanistan, whilst opening up a strategic direct link to China

India was getting battered in 1965 in Kashmir, so much so India panicked and to divert from Kashmir, attacked a uncontested populated city of Lahore,only to be crushed on route and sent packing

What else, oh yeah Indias great involvement in a civil war where Pakistan couldn't even supply it's forces,
Ended up with millions of dead Hindus and a free muslim state in Bangladesh as per partition

Considering India is 7 times bigger then Pakistan in population and 3 and a half times bigger in landmass, India has been PATHETIC
Population wise they may be more than 7x bigger than us. There census methods are very dubious.

Technically, Gnat was better plane than PAF sabre in 1965.

One the difference was a few PAf sabre planes were equipped with the air to air missiles

Meanwhile Gun Camera from a PAF F-86 Sabre captures the moment an IAF MiG-21 No C 116 is shot down by Flt Lt. Maqsood Amir during the 1971 war. The second Gun Camera image shows the moment the Indian pilot ejects from his stricken jet. The same encounter is depicted by the famous aviation painter SM Husseini.
Note : In 1971, the MiG-21 was considered as one of the best fighter jet in the world.

FB_IMG_1724245899236.jpg

FB_IMG_1724246100016.jpg

On the other hand the Gnat sits in a PAF museum after air surrendering to PAF.

th (4).jpeg

Flt LT's Muniruddin and Saif bagged a Gnat each in 65, besides Sikand's (munda Sikh's) captured Gnat.

in 71, Flt LT Salim Mirza bagged a Gnat (Sekhon da Sikh) and I can't remember the F-104 pilot who easily shot one down with a sidewinder from a good 2 miles tailing it.

3 sabre losses in 65, and 2 sabres lost in 71 (to Folland Gnats)

I'm always amused at how you do all these beautiful things and still lose all wars.

That's what you start to believe when your country is the biggest FAKE news factory and DISINFO hub in the world:

That's what you start to believe when your country is the biggest FAKE news factory and DISINFO hub in the world:

What I know is that you lost like half the size of what you started off with, and then some, and now lost Kashmir too. Yet you are always punching above your weight and everybody is lying.

I think you repeatedly claim PAF is better because it makes you look cool like an eagle flying above and looking down at mere mortals. Or like @Windjammer fantasizing about cool looking uniforms and stuff. I bet you'll never say how much better your cavalry is.

Kind of like the joke about how 'India may be better in satellite launch rockets but we're better in missiles'. Thankfully there the distance is so large people will laugh at you if you make that claim.

What I know is that you lost like half the size of what you started off with, and then some, and now lost Kashmir too. Yet you are always punching above your weight and everybody is lying.

I think you repeatedly claim PAF is better because it makes you look cool like an eagle flying above and looking down at mere mortals. Or like @Windjammer fantasizing about cool looking uniforms and stuff. I bet you'll never say how much better your cavalry is.

Kind of like the joke about how 'India may be better in satellite launch rockets but we're better in missiles'. Thankfully there the distance is so large people will laugh at you if you make that claim.
You know its funny when Indians even have to bastardise themselves just to be on a Pakistani forum, the OP loser is a prime example. You talk about Pakistan losing half the part, let's talk about pre 1947 when Pakistan was actually carved out of India and as for Bangladesh, well where do you stand today . As for you winning any wars , do enlighten us as when did you ever fought any wars without someone protecting your a&&, be it Russia, Muktis , America or Israel, you being despite several times bigger than Pakistan always left your kolkota hole to be protected by some other party.
And when you resort to discuss a person other than a topic, it only proves you are ready to dig your own hole.

Half?????????......... is your level of education THAT bad???????............ :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: .........Bangladesh is barely 1/6 /the size of Pakistan!!!!!!!!!!.........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Okay, so Pakistan's population is AT LEAST 7× smaller than that of india yet we administer 35% of Kashmir, india occupies 48% and China has domain over 17% of Kashmir:

Excellent going by Pakistan despite these overwhelming odds stacked against compared to india having a population more than 7× greater than Pakistan yet we are supposed to believe Pakistan lost the wars...........:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

These is what happens when your country is the world's BIGGEST FAKE NEWS factory and PROPAGANDA hub in the world.......:ROFLMAO::

You're using a lot of smileys and stuff. Try to do yoga etc. to calm down and cope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back