Forum Updates and DDoS attack

• Thread starter Thread starter X
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s your settings issue. You need to click on [] and it will enable the blocks

View attachment 58058

Thanks. It's solved now. However, I wasn't able to find the "[ ]' icon earlier, as you can see from the screenshot I shared earlier. Now that I found it, I clicked the hell out of it.. :p

Thanks a lot.

Continuous error messages when making a new post.

I notice the site runs smoother now. The worst seems over? Still some glitches in my opinion though. The capcha still here and there but less than days and weeks previously. Re-editing a post often not possible unless you refresh it, but the text you made then goes lost. Image size seems very limited in bytes. The dark/light theme can’t be set by default permanently based on user individually? I prefer light.

But all in all great work by Mr X!

Hopefully who ever is doing the DDOS is now getting bored and will do something more useful and productive with their sad pathetic lives, and we can eventually get rid of the captcha.

I notice the site runs smoother now. The worst seems over? Still some glitches in my opinion though. The capcha still here and there but less than days and weeks previously. Re-editing a post often not possible unless you refresh it, but the text you made then goes lost. Image size seems very limited in bytes. The dark/light theme can’t be set by default permanently based on user individually? I prefer light.

But all in all great work by Mr X!
Find the Style Switcher in the menu and choose Light for once, it should remember your choice for next time.

IMG_1195.jpeg

Right now it is configured to find Default style by System (if mobile is using dark mode then it gives dark style as default).

But I am trying to find a way to make the light style as default. I will do that on Monday as I have the solution but haven’t tried it yet.

Regarding posts data getting lost, please use the second tab for verification and return to first tab and everything will work as it should.

I am reducing the security levels from time to time as DDoS isn’t working for the attackers anymore and we can afford to take hits if need be…

Hi,

Oops we ran into a problem---. Happening so often.

Reactions: X
Find the Style Switcher in the menu and choose Light for once, it should remember your choice for next time.

View attachment 58923

Right now it is configured to find Default style by System (if mobile is using dark mode then it gives dark style as default).

But I am trying to find a way to make the light style as default. I will do that on Monday as I have the solution but haven’t tried it yet.

Regarding posts data getting lost, please use the second tab for verification and return to first tab and everything will work as it should.

I am reducing the security levels from time to time as DDoS isn’t working for the attackers anymore and we can afford to take hits if need be…
Yes I see it. much better now.
Elon Musk is caught in underwear during interview setup with Donald Trump. his platform X was attacked. Well deserved. he fired too many good people.

Hi,

I think it only happens once in a single visit?

It shouldn’t be repeated after you refresh the page or unless you close the tab and open the site again

Hi,

What you need to do is refresh the page before you type a post. Also if you write something long, just copy it before you post, incase the page needs refreshing again.

I think this is being deliberately done to stop bots being able to attack the forum by accessing pages and doing actions quickly.

What you need to do is refresh the page before you type a post. Also if you write something long, just copy it before you post, incase the page needs refreshing again.

I think this is being deliberately done to stop bots being able to attack the forum by accessing pages and doing actions quickly.
Yes

We have only two options:

1) A minor inconvenience, but a reliable forum that remains functional regardless of the size of the DDoS attack.

2) Remove the restrictions, but with no assurance that the forum will stay accessible if DDoS happens again.

I want to take the safe approach

Absolutely right but as far as Mastan Khan is concern, he only write one liners. 🫣

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back