Forum Updates and DDoS attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Fatman17

Hopefully I have resolved your issue of attachments. I will soon increase the attachment limits for everyone so we have a lot more storage than before.

updates:

I have disabled the email service for now, it means please do not send me an email on defencepk.com email addresses. I will add them later so please contact me at [email protected] until further notice.

I have disabled email activation so all users will need to be manually approved until further notice

I know some pages maybe causing an issue but it’s just the change of settings. I didn’t even get time to turn the board off as I ported everything to new servers.

You might still see some disruptions as I will continue to upgrade in the coming days but hopefully, the biggest issue will have been resolved now as the new host has promised several million visitors a day should not be a problem.

There are at least 10 unresolved issues on my list so expect temporary disruptions from time to time but not for too long.

I will have to do multiple tests today so please bear with me for 1 more day at least. This website could be ON and OFF due to changes in the backend. I will do one test after 3 minutes and if the site is down, it will be down for a maximum of 2-5 minutes... apologise for inconvenience

@Fatman17

Hopefully I have resolved your issue of attachments. I will soon increase the attachment limits for everyone so we have a lot more storage than before.

updates:

I have disabled the email service for now, it means please do not send me an email on defencepk.com email addresses. I will add them later so please contact me at [email protected] until further notice.

I have disabled email activation so all users will need to be manually approved until further notice

I know some pages maybe causing an issue but it’s just the change of settings. I didn’t even get time to turn the board off as I ported everything to new servers.

You might still see some disruptions as I will continue to upgrade in the coming days but hopefully, the biggest issue will have been resolved now as the new host has promised several million visitors a day should not be a problem.

There are at least 10 unresolved issues on my list so expect temporary disruptions from time to time but not for too long.
How interesting, I wrote this post and the focus of DDoS is almost 100% this post of mine, not the homepage.

Come on guys, if you are reading my posts with love, I love you too

Why I feel website is falling apart…. you guys can use my website as backup until this gets fix.

How interesting, I wrote this post and the focus of DDoS is almost 100% this post of mine, not the homepage.

Whodunit but ?

Your own khoofia agency aka Markhors seems to be the most popular theory going around, or is it us gangouse maybe ?

I will have to do multiple tests today so please bear with me for 1 more day at least. This website could be ON and OFF due to changes in the backend. I will do one test after 3 minutes and if the site is down, it will be down for a maximum of 2-5 minutes... apologise for inconvenience
Thank you for the time you are putting in. Take you time to get this working.

I think, Cloudflare is getting 100% of the bots from reaching the site. I think it is my host causing an issue now because they had given too much bandwidth for this month so some disruptions are happening because of that. The word unlimited is never unlimited in cloud hosting packages.

It doesn’t matter as today or tomorrow I will switch to the new host with VPS and several Terabytes of bandwidth so it should solve the issue

PS: There is still persistent DDoS attack but the severity has decreased to less 1 million requests compared to 20 or 29 million requests before and Cloudflare is blocking all bots including good bots
makes sense, i believe you were on a shared cloud, and now moving to dedicated vps.

if dedicated VPS doesnt work out(its still cut out from the same cloth but a bit expensive). please reach i can help move the forum to google cloud or AWS :)

makes sense, i believe you were on a shared cloud, and now moving to dedicated vps.

if dedicated VPS doesnt work out(its still cut out from the same cloth but a bit expensive). please reach i can help move the forum to google cloud or AWS :)
I know how to do it on AWS but never tried on Google cloud.

My plan was to split it in half between AWS and Dedicated hosting but I am just testing the attackers to see how much load this can take.

I will switch to AWS for attachments + dedicated host for text at will.

I know how to do it on AWS but never tried on Google cloud.

My plan was to split it in half between AWS and Dedicated hosting but I am just testing the attackers to see how much load this can take.

I will switch to AWS for attachments + dedicated host for text at will.
The plugin for the S3 attachments is pretty good and straight forward. Just keep in mind about cost implications for the same as well. you might have to route the s3 files through a layer of cache to avoid big cost.

Hmm...could be split personality..maybe after greenlighting one too many stupid user account requests you cracked...and are sabotaging your own site and don't know it.

MV5BODMwMDY2YzUtNGFiNS00NDA1LWI4YzMtYzVmM2RlZTk3NGVlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg

Last edited:
Working great again
Well done
But I think this “prove you are a human or evil” is annoying. Bad user experience. Should be avoided. other options perhaps?

Working great again
Well done
But I think this “prove you are a human or evil” is annoying. Bad user experience. Should be avoided. other options perhaps?
It depends on the location. For some countries there is human verification requirement because we are facing more DDoS from these locations while for others it’s automatic “managed challenge”.

Hi Mr X and Admins - excellent job on stabilising the website and making it available. It runs faster, but more importantly is now available a lot more ! Hopefully the DOS attacks stop soon and you can go back to a more sustainable(cheaper!) hosting platform.

Thankyou for all you work and effort. Much appreciated(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y).

Hi Mr X and Admins - excellent job on stabilising the website and making it available. It runs faster, but more importantly is now available a lot more ! Hopefully the DOS attacks stop soon and you can go back to a more sustainable(cheaper!) hosting platform.

Thankyou for all you work and effort. Much appreciated(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y).
Can’t go back but thanks to DDoS guys, we have a much improved infrastructure to cope with future DDoS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back