Forum Updates and DDoS attack

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will update the whole infrastructure on Tuesday so we will be able to absorb DDoS of this scale.

Apologise for not doing it today as I have a fever of about 40c and migraine. When I am better, I will leave a note before migrating to new servers with expected downtime of less than 2 hours.

I will update the whole infrastructure on Tuesday so we will be able to absorb DDoS of this scale.

Apologise for not doing it today as I have a fever of about 40c and migraine. When I am better, I will leave a note before migrating to new servers with expected downtime of less than 2 hours.
We cant keep on aborbing the DDos attacks right?

How did the cloudflare and other protections fare? did it solve much or little to no use?

We cant keep on aborbing the DDos attacks right?

How did the cloudflare and other protections fare? did it solve much or little to no use?
The aim of attackers is overwhelming the server recourses with TCP sync, DNS request, Http request. from technical point of view expelling attacks is better than absorbing attacks. Unless you have a supercomputer then the server can sustain DDoS. I borrow the pic below from cloudfare.
1722227474005.png

Some one is determined to shut down the forum.

The aim of attackers is overwhelming the server recourses with TCP sync, DNS request, Http request. from technical point of view expelling attacks is better than absorbing attacks. Unless you have a supercomputer then the server can sustain DDoS. I borrow the pic below from cloudfare.
View attachment 57335
True which is why I asked that question, I beleive the current server handles the regular traffic really good. but only during DDos attacks the server cpu and memory spikes. Increasing the server capacity will not solve the problem

True which is why I asked that question, I beleive the current server handles the regular traffic really good. but only during DDos attacks the server cpu and memory spikes. Increasing the server capacity will not solve the problem
I think, Cloudflare is getting 100% of the bots from reaching the site. I think it is my host causing an issue now because they had given too much bandwidth for this month so some disruptions are happening because of that. The word unlimited is never unlimited in cloud hosting packages.

It doesn’t matter as today or tomorrow I will switch to the new host with VPS and several Terabytes of bandwidth so it should solve the issue

PS: There is still persistent DDoS attack but the severity has decreased to less 1 million requests compared to 20 or 29 million requests before and Cloudflare is blocking all bots including good bots

Why though lol
DDOS attacks happens once a blue moon. Never ever seen such. Persistent attack on an internet forum !! Its not a bank or High end R&D center !!

The same factors that led to the old forum being destroyed are still applicable here, likely.

I never knew what they were exactly tbh lol

Is it safe 🤔 now?

Apologise for the inconvenience.

@DDoS attackers

kindly do more attacks so that I can do some testing on my website. I am waiting, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back