Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Not at all.

These are the original comments:

I am waiting for you to tell us a better conclusion since I do not have enough data to contextualize your claims.

Ok in fairness, comparison to ww2 is a bit out of place.

Gaza is also tiny and a different type of warfare.

You could compare to Ukraine conflict.

Ok in fairness, comparison to ww2 is a bit out of place.

Gaza is also tiny and a different type of warfare.

You could compare to Ukraine conflict.

As I said above I do not have enough data here to make any robust conclusions. Others may know better here.

They have manpads, we now know they have the Iranian loitering air defense system 358, anti aircraft guns for sure but pretty sure if they are to be used more for offensive use any major anti aircraft systems if they have no one knows but realty hard to have them brought in without others noticing.

So its equipped better than Hamas bht stil far from having capability to down the most advanced missiles and jets in the Israeli stock. Which means theoretically Israel can level whole cities to the ground in Lebanon.

Hezbollahs best defence might be its offensive capability. Having rockets and missiles which can bombard far into Israel is a deterrence on itself.

Last edited:
So its equipped better than Hamas bht stil far from having capability to down the most advanced missiles and jets in the Israeli stock. Which means theoretically Israel can level whole cities to the ground in Lebanon.

Hezoballahs best defence might be its offensive capability. Having rockets and missiles which can bombard far into Israel is a deterrence on itself.
Even if hezbollah has a better equipped rocket force that could target with great accuracy they would have to use it quickly if the conflict becomes full blown, if they did it’s not even hypothetical but the damage to Lebanon would be far greater again reason Hezbollah hasn’t gotten involved.
Example Hezbollah strikes fuel depot Israel burns an entire city as payback

Hezbollah is probably the best irregular force in the world

However IT IS NOT A STATE, it doesn't have the resources of a state, it's dependent on Iran and Syria

Whilst it can be utilized as a stick to hit Israel with, in a full blown conflict, it won't be too different from Hamas

In the 2006 conflict, Israel was beaten because it tried to occupy Lebanon, but if it chooses NOT to do that and just strikes using it's air force then Lebanon and Hezbollah will take a lot of punishment and destruction EVEN IF they are able to hit Israel back hard

This is the limits of irregular forces such as Hamas or Hezbollah who do not have access to a air force, army or state resources

This is why it's pointless pointing fingers at Hezbollah because what's the point of sacrificing Hezbollah and Lebanese population for Hamas and Gaza it's the same thing

To protect Gaza we need the Arab pricks especially Egypt and Jordan to act, and it's THEM and the GCC cunts that are the problem

None of this good for Israel,
Hated and reviled in the region,
Hated wider across the world
Palestinian issue revitalized internationally and unable to remove the Palestinian population, thus still facing demographic defeat eventually
Economic fallout from conflict

Israel is already having political upheaval

But that doesn't change the fact that as a state power, BACKED BY THE USA and ITS LACKEYS, it will have the weapons and resources made available to it to inflict a large amount of destruction

Hezbollah can hit back hard but it won't be easy at the same time whilst it can be rebuilt, funneling weapons to Hamas is harder

Even the yanks today admitted hamas or it's ideology won't be wiped out

And in a conflict such as this, even after 20,000 plus dead existence is victory and your slowly pushing Israel into trouble over time, trouble that it can't survive

It's tragic however the amount of sacrifices Palestinians have to make

I agree with all of this but it's not related to what you said about Lebanese people all speaking with one voice when it comes to Hezbollah

I think you are confusing me with @925boy but it's okay.

Here is a segment of another great interview of the great Max Blumenthal--one of my top 5 favorites in the world. Per him, Israel has, so far, lost in Gaza and is now trying to drag America into a regional war but the escalation ladder is controlled by Iran/Hezbollah. They may not grant Netanyahu his decades old wish to bring America in for Israel.
Every second worth watching.

However IT IS NOT A STATE, it doesn't have the resources of a state, it's dependent on Iran and Syria

Whilst it can be utilized as a stick to hit Israel with, in a full blown conflict, it won't be too different from Hamas

In the 2006 conflict, Israel was beaten because it tried to occupy Lebanon, but if it chooses NOT to do that and just strikes using it's air force then Lebanon and Hezbollah will take a lot of punishment and destruction EVEN IF they are able to hit Israel back hard

This is the limits of irregular forces such as Hamas or Hezbollah who do not have access to a air force, army or state resources

This is why it's pointless pointing fingers at Hezbollah because what's the point of sacrificing Hezbollah and Lebanese population for Hamas and Gaza it's the same thing

To protect Gaza we need the Arab pricks especially Egypt and Jordan to act, and it's THEM and the GCC cunts that are the problem

Palestinian issue revitalized internationally and unable to remove the Palestinian population, thus still facing demographic defeat eventually

But that doesn't change the fact that as a state power, BACKED BY THE USA and ITS LACKEYS, it will have the weapons and resources made available to it to inflict a large amount of destruction

Hezbollah can hit back hard but it won't be easy at the same time whilst it can be rebuilt, funneling weapons to Hamas is harder

And in a conflict such as this, even after 20,000 plus dead existence is victory and your slowly pushing Israel into trouble over time, trouble that it can't survive

Great analysis on Hizbollah and the wider picture.

As long as Hizbollah is there and no full scale conflict between Lebanon and Israel, in the long term it will be a win for Lebanon. As Hizbollah is going to be a strong deterrence aginst Israeli ground invasion. Plus Israel always have to distribute its forces on multiple fronts.

In fact the best thing is a low-intensity conflict, where Hezbollah maybe fire a missile into Israeli northern town asymetrical way now and then. That would make Northern Israel a investment unfriendly area. But keep the conflict so low that Israel isnt forced to retaliate with leveling of whole towns in Lebanon.

I wouldn’t say Syria I think it’s the other way around these days but hezbollah has it own companies and finances to pull from and I’m sure has a better capability to produce higher end weapons but yeah I agree end of the day yes just highly trained light infantry no real navy Air Force or advanced anti aircraft defense(as far as we know)

You tried to contextualise the rate of journalists being killed in Gaza, I asked "in which modern conflict were this many journalists killed in a similar amount of time?"

The answer is: none

Correct.
And not only that, he tried to bring an OFF TOPIC defense of the US CENTCOM above--probably referring to the old PDF. As if the CENTCOM or anyone could ever deny it was not Israel which killed the Palestinian guy in Beirut.
@VCheng your bias shows!! And, yes, you still use Non Sequiturs even after being noted for that.

Correct.
And not only that, he tried to bring an OFF TOPIC defense of the US CENTCOM above--probably referring to the old PDF. As if the CENTCOM or anyone could ever deny it was not Israel which killed the Palestinian guy in Beirut.
@VCheng your bias shows!! And, yes, you still use Non Sequiturs even after being noted for that.
Lol. And I still haven’t received the reply to the entire chain posted above. The bias is here surely but not on my side. Let‘s leave it at that shall we?

Lol. And I still haven’t received the reply to the entire chain posted above. The bias is here surely but not on my side. Let‘s leave it at that shall we?
I don't think it's worth quibbling over. But this is you contextualising the (rate of) killing of journalists:

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 00.58.23.png

This is me asking you a question in response to reset the context:

Screenshot 2024-01-04 at 00.58.53.png

Your points are (probably) factually correct but, respectfully, not useful. The original point (by user SaadH) was that Israel is killing journalists in Gaza at a historically high rate. This does not need to be contextualised. Even so, you contextualised it by suggesting journalists in "modern conflict zones" are closer to the "frontlines" than in "past times", so it's a fair question to then reset the context and ask you how Israel's rate of killing journalists compares to other "modern conflict zones". It appears you don't know the answer to the question - no problem, me neither. Let's do some digging:

Number of journalists killed by Israel since October 7th (c. 0.25 years): 77 (74 in Gaza and 3 in Lebanon) = 308 per year

Number of journalists killed in other "modern conflict zones":
- Syrian civil war (c. 12.5 years): 140 = 11 per year
- Russian invasion of Ukraine (c. 1.8 years): 7 = 4 per year

If you have better / different numbers, please share.

Conclusion: whilst it may be true that journalists in modern conflict zones are more vulnerable than in past wars, this does not negate the fact that Israel is killing journalists at an extremely high rate even when compared to other "modern conflict zones". So the original point by SaadH stands. Obviously no two conflicts are exactly the same, but there is little point in not seeing the wood for the trees by being pedantic about that.

During the Qatar World Cup there entire MSM went gaga about human rights and what not.

Where are all those human rights activists and journous now that Israel have murdered 30000 people in 3 months?

Those same Gay rights activists are gonna celebrate Israel in Eurovision Song Contest while Israel kills babies and women. Level of hypocricy is astounding.

The next target has to be Houthis in Yemen, an international task force needs to be created to put boots on the ground to protect shipping. A European alliance to help keep Lebanon in check would also be advisable
And the ground troops will fight houthis with the ammunition that NATO already gave to Ukraine? i dont get your fantasy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back