Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Where do you get impression Hezbollah is a defensive force? Best defense can equal offense. You can say any army is a defensive force but they all make offensive moves to alter status quo or make gains. No different with Hezbollah. The reason they're not getting involved with Gaza is because they don't see a reason for a battle with Israel
Ok, i agree with this generally- i also agree that Hezb is also an offensive force, because it has b een prepared to be that If that is needed.
and they don't like Hamas because Hamas cracked down on a attempted effort by Iran to make a Shia armed organization in Gaza.
That might be a gripe Hezbollah has with Hamas and Gaza groups, but that has not been enough of an issue to prevent HEzbollah and Hamas from working together during this war, which they are doing, they have a joint command room in Lebanon- stop exaggerating- you cant see past Syrian civil war era huh?

Ok, i agree with this generally- i also agree that Hezb is also an offensive force, because it has b een prepared to be that If that is needed.

That might be a gripe Hezbollah has with Hamas and Gaza groups, but that has not been enough of an issue to prevent HEzbollah and Hamas from working together during this war, which they are doing, they have a joint command room in Lebanon- stop exaggerating- you cant see past Syrian civil war era huh?
Syria is not my concern. There's no joint command military anything. Just Hezbollah telling Palestinians they are there with them. Hezbollah command is guiding the minimal strikes on the border based on orders from the top that allow them to work with very little freedom against Israel.

People get the government they deserve. A majority across the Arab world seem to be okay with what they have, don't you agree?
They tried revolting but the end result was Sudan, Libya, and Syria. There's no easy solution for the Arab world besides something triggering a domino effect across the region. Which is what's happening in Gaza. Hezbollah is trying to delay and prevent that from happening with Iran but if God wills it, it will happen.

They tried revolting but the end result was Sudan, Libya, and Syria. There's no easy solution for the Arab world besides something triggering a domino effect across the region. Which is what's happening in Gaza. Hezbollah is trying to delay and prevent that from happening with Iran but if God wills it, it will happen.

It is good that people are trying. Allah will will what He wants, but it is up to the believers to work hard for what they think is the right thing to do.

Syria is not my concern. There's no joint command military anything. Just Hezbollah telling Palestinians they are there with them. Hezbollah command is guiding the minimal strikes on the border based on orders from the top that allow them to work with very little freedom against Israel.
Had to read your post twice as I couldn’t actually believe and register what had been written.
This has to be another low for the occupiers. Killing women and children and KNOWINGLY doing has to be next level.
Utter shocking

If Hezbollah can escalate this to a higher level this is what will happen

I don't think the Americans care much for the truce between the Saudis and the Houthis. The truce between the Saudis and the Houthis was only allowed when it became clear that the Houthis couldn't be beaten by KSA.

But the Houthis killing Americans will result in the escalation which no one, with the possible exception of Netanyahu personally, wants. For the past 2.5 months, several countries, including the Americans, don't want this to become a regional war because it will be catastrophic to all countries. Iranians also understand the dangers of a regional war: Do you think the paltry American bases in Syria and Iraq are not sitting ducks but they are not really targeted much so far??

PS. I am already starting to see compromising op-eds in the Israeli media. Max Blumenthal has also noted that--he is one of the keenest eyes on the Israeli politics. Saner elements there know the dangers of a regional war and also know that, while Israel has to establish its 'deterrence' by crushing the Gazans, that goal is not achievable without a lot of bloodshed of Israelis and the risk of a regional war.

I don't think the Americans care much for the truce between the Saudis and the Houthis. The truce between the Saudis and the Houthis was only allowed when it became clear that the Houthis couldn't be beaten by KSA.

But the Houthis killing Americans will result in the escalation which no one, with the possible exception of Netanyahu personally, wants. For the past 2.5 months, several countries, including the Americans, don't want this to become a regional war because it will be catastrophic to all countries. Iranians also understand the dangers of a regional war: Do you think the paltry American bases in Syria and Iraq are not sitting ducks but they are not really targeted much so far??

PS. I am already starting to see compromising op-eds in the Israeli media. Max Blumenthal has also noted that--he is one of the keenest eyes on the Israeli politics. Saner elements there know the dangers of a regional war and also know that, while Israel has to establish its 'deterrence' by crushing the Gazans, that goal is not achievable without a lot of bloodshed of Israelis and the risk of a regional war.
Some good points. FWIW, my personal view is that Israel is not averse to a regional war, though Bibi is historically actually more dovish than others in his government (specifically, Yoev Gallant). This war/genocide is the only thing keeping Bibi in power right now, and those like Gallant probably see this as a good opportunity to deal with Hezbollah once and for all, so it's actually the US trying to restrain them.

War is merely policy by other means, and never a solution. Sanity must prevail in the end for negotiations that result in peace, no matter how fragile. It must happen, and I am sure it will.

Some good points. FWIW, my personal view is that Israel is not averse to a regional war, though Bibi is historically actually more dovish than others in his government (specifically, Yoev Gallant). This war/genocide is the only thing keeping Bibi in power right now, and those like Gallant probably see this as a good opportunity to deal with Hezbollah once and for all, so it's actually the US trying to restrain them.

It is a sad but correct observation that some in the Netanyahu cabinet are even more hawkish than him!
But, yes, American's don't want a regional war. Actually, a regional war suits Netanyahu first and foremost because he knows he will be toast in case of a ceasefire--right now, there is the war-induced national-unity blah blah which every nation does but Netanyahu's fall was already certain leading up to October 7.
Also, a regional war suits Palestinians well: While one must never forget or forgive the slaughter in Gaza but all/most freedom movements against brutal colonizers had to pay heavy price. A regional war will definitely help the Palestinians at the great expense of Israel.

Remember: This is as much a war on the ground as it is a war of nerves. The psychological toll keeps mounting on Israel. Also, while they are trying to hide not only the casualties in Gaza but also the economic losses, if you make some effort, you'd see very demoralizing statistics about the losses to the Israeli economy in the Israeli media--you'd have to really look for such news though.

Oh Boo Hoo!! Cry me a river poor 'Settlers'!

'We hear digging': Israelis near West Bank fear another October 7 terror attack​

"We live in a constant state of insecurity, the settlement is targeted with direct and indirect fire almost every day. We can show you pictures of shells from our yards."​

Against the backdrop of the war against Hamas, residents of Bat Hefer in the Hefar Valley claim that they hear digging beneath their homes alongside explosion sounds coming to them from the Tulkarm area. Gadi Ohayon, a resident of Bat Hefer, spoke on Thursday with Ben Caspit and Yinon Magal on their show on 103FM and expressed his opinion on the ongoing situation.

"The situation is really not good," Ohayon stated. "We live in a constant state of insecurity, the settlement is targeted with direct and indirect fire almost every day. We can show you pictures of shells from our yards."

"Let's say that one day we receive reports of three to four incidents, then one quiet day, and then another two days with incidents. We hear shootings; we find shells in our yards, in inner houses, not those adjacent to the fence," he continued.

"At night, we wake up from explosions, the enemy really enjoys annoying us during hours when we're all turning right and left in bed, and we feel very helpless," Ohayon continued. "We feel that any response on our part to these activities that our enemies are trying to carry out against us is treated on a point-by-point basis. We need to understand that what they did on October 7 is a model for what they plan to do."

Iran is preparing to be attacked by European hegemonists, first Iraq, now Iran next Pakistan?:-

Home Iran & The Gulf

Iran launches massive maritime war games in Gulf of Oman, Red Sea​

The "Zolfaqar-1400" maneuvers will include troops from the ground forces, navy, air force, and air defenses and seek "to demonstrate Iran's power at sea, warning the enemies that any act of aggression against Iran will draw a crushing response from the army."​

By Neta Bar and News Agencies

Published on 11-07-2021 08:58
Last modified: 11-07-2021 08:58

Iran launches massive maritime war games in Gulf of Oman, Red Sea
A replica of a US aircraft carrier explodes after being hit by IRGC fire as part of a large-scale naval drill in the Persian Gulf, Feb. 27, 2015 | File photo: AP via the Tasnim news agency

The Iranian military on Sunday launched large-scale naval maneuvers in the Gulf of Oman, the northern part of the Indian Ocean, and in part of the Red Sea, the semi-official Tasnim news agency reported.
Follow Israel Hayom on Facebook and Twitter

The exercise comes as nuclear negotiations between Iran and world powers are slated to resume on Nov. 29.
The report cited Coordinating Deputy of the Iranian Army Rear Adm. Habibollah Sayyari as saying the drill "will demonstrate Iran's power at sea ... warning the enemies that any act of aggression against Iran will draw a crushing response from the army."

Sayyari, the former commander of the Iranian Navy, said the war games, codenamed Zolfaqar-1400, will include troops from the ground forces, navy, air force, and air defenses, and will cover an area stretching from the eastern parts of the strategic Strait of Hormuz to the northern parts of the Indian Ocean, and parts of the Red Sea.
The report did not specify what areas in the Red Sea would be included in the exercise.

He further noted that locally-produced equipment, supplies, weapons, and ammunition would be used in the exercise, including "advanced reconnaissance and combat drones with various ranges." The war games seek to raise combat readiness and defense capabilities of the various units "for protecting the country's territorial integrity," Tasnim said.
Iran regularly holds such drills and says they assess the troops' combat readiness and demonstrate the nation's military capabilities.
On Thursday, Revolutionary Guards chief Maj. Gen. Hossein Salami said that regardless of the nuclear talks, the US will "no longer be able to defend Israel," arguing that American policy toward Iran "has always been a failure."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back