Gaza-Israel Conflict | 2023-2024

Nit picking, relax this is not english literature class about words meaning.
General meaning of my post is clear and easy to understand unless you want to vivisect it surgically by your own understanding of it.

I understood you fine. Good job.
Well, at least @VCheng didn't say his usual 'Countries get govt they deserve' or 'Every country follows its own interests'. ;)

This is your post above reproduced below:

Probably applies to fatality for what you consider occupiers, yes, I saw that part. The two "WILL"s sound pretty definitive and certain.

What people want, no one can stop them. That is the point. The monarchies elsewhere exist only with the consent of the majority of the people. And their policies towards the Palestinians.

As always, people get the government they deserve.
So your understanding of & world outcomes is that the will of the people will be expressed Ultimately and no matter what?

All I can say is your data is faulty and limited.

I cant think of any or many moments in history where some form of oligarchy has not had the controlling power.

I cant think of any or many moments in history where some form of oligarchy has not had the controlling power.

And it is an oligarchy in America too--we are powerless to change the kleptocracy of the two parties. But then.. we 'deserve whatever govt we get', right??
As for all countries follow their own interests argument ... look at how many Americans are absolutely alarmed by the Israel Lobby steering American foreign policy against America's own interests.

I understood you fine. Good job.
Well, at least @VCheng didn't say his usual 'Countries get govt they deserve' or 'Every country follows its own interests'. ;)

But I do maintain that people get the government they deserve. 😁

What people want, no one can stop them. That is the point. The monarchies elsewhere exist only with the consent of the majority of the people. And their policies towards the Palestinians.

As always, people get the government they deserve.

And that decision is made in foreign capitals?
Who rules what, in which borders? Who they're supposed to hate and who they cannot?

Say the wrong word and you'll lose your job... we are talking governance and governments here...
Brits replaced the aborigines in Australia, New Zealand and put natives in North America, South Africa and Zimbabwe in reservations/bantustans.
Was it the choice of those people? Most of whom no longer exist.
Mossadegh was replaced in coup of convenience... where a government exist primarily as a response to foreign meddling.
Weapons and support shows up from no where to start insurrections seemingly out of no where to split nations or cause full fledged civil wars...
Who is pulling the strings?
Every single government today that sits smug is on it's martial prowess on it's people and no people's choice... lest you find yourself on the wrong end of the barrel.
Many on this very forum will speak a more conciliatory tone to authority just because of it's ability to ruin their lives.

I wish it was simpler than that.. but who am I kidding... who knows your own unfiltered opinion?

And that right there is the sum of all people's choice!

And it is an oligarchy in America too--we are powerless to change the kleptocracy of the two parties. But then.. we 'deserve whatever govt we get', right??
As for all countries follow their own interests argument ... look at how many Americans are absolutely alarmed by the Israel Lobby steering American foreign policy against America's own interests.

Yes. We have the government we deserve here in USA too. And the foreign policy that our government follows as well.

And that decision is made in foreign capitals?
Who rules what, in which borders? Who they're supposed to hate and who they cannot?

Say the wrong word and you'll lose your job... we are talking governance and governments here...
Brits replaced the aborigines in Australia, New Zealand and put natives in North America, South Africa and Zimbabwe in reservations/bantustans.
Was it the choice of those people? Most of whom no longer exist.
Mossadegh was replaced in coup of convenience... where a government exist primarily as a response to foreign meddling.
Weapons and support shows up from no where to start insurrections seemingly out of no where to split nations or cause full fledged civil wars...
Who is pulling the strings?
Every single government today that sits smug is on it's martial prowess on it's people and no people's choice... lest you find yourself on the wrong end of the barrel.
Many on this very forum will speak a more conciliatory tone to authority just because of it's ability to ruin their lives.

I wish it was simpler than that.. but who am I kidding... who knows your own unfiltered opinion?

And that right there is the sum of all people's choice!

Interesting but off topic for here.

Nit picking, relax this is not english literature class about words meaning.
General meaning of my post is clear and easy to understand unless you want to vivisect it surgically by your own understanding of it.

How convenient to be able to take such a relaxed view of what the words used mean. 😁

It was a dud and bogus argument all along, should not have been raised in this context.

Unless.... unless you want to argue that Hamas is a product of the palestinian people and therefore the palestinian people deserve this, is anyone saying that?

Yes. We have the government we deserve here in USA too. And the foreign policy that our government follows as well.

No. We don't have those. But I don't think referring you to the 400+ US officials' letter to the Biden regime about America's policy in the Middle East would convince you.

Please keep repeating...

23216.gif

It was a dud and bogus argument all along, should not have been raised in this context.

Unless.... unless you want to argue that Hamas is a product of the palestinian people and therefore the palestinian people deserve this, is anyone saying that?

Ah yes. Hamas is Israel’s creation so the Palestinians have no responsibility for it. Right?

Another massacre few remember, but nothing really changed after that. And here we are again.
Perhaps now, with the scale and visibility of this massacre on social media will make it difficult to ignore, if it is coupled with a concerted effort to expose and pressure those that do and those that support the continuation of it and the occupation in general.

We are also out of the post-cold war era and into a new cold-war era. Great power competition is going to see new alliances form, as Jake Sullivan pointed out in his latest Foreign Policy magazine article.

A full court press has to be done, with sustained full time effort.

No. We don't have those. But I don't think referring you to the 400+ US officials' letter to the Biden regime about America's policy in the Middle East would convince you.

Please keep repeating...

23216.gif
We have the politicians beholden to donors and lobbyists. They have corrupted our political system through and through.

Blinken is there to just there to give “Lip Service” to maintaining the status quo, in the creepy way he does in his own song “Lip Service”.

Last edited:
Ah yes. Hamas is Israel’s creation so the Palestinians have no responsibility for it. Right?
no wrong, very wrong, I said no such thing.

Isn't creating straw man arguments and non-Sequitur's A form of spamming? If I report you will you stop doing it?

so what happened in Iran then? What people want people get.
By this logic, there has never been a regime that lacked the support of its people in the history of the world. By contrast, history shows us that revolutions can be unpredictable, and don't simply result in the faction that "people want" coming into power (or rather, taking power by force).

But I don't think referring you to the 400+ US officials' letter to the Biden regime about America's policy in the Middle East would convince you.

Did that letter have any effect? But if enough people vote against Biden due to his policies, it will have an effect. Therefore, the people have the government they deserve and therefore are also responsible for the policies that are pursued by it, including you and me.

And I thought you were mature, but I will ignore the photo you posted above, and only change that assessment.

no wrong, very wrong, I said no such thing.

Did I say you said it? I asked a question whether that is what you think or not.

By this logic, there has never been a regime that lacked the support of its people in the history of the world. By contrast, history shows us that revolutions can be unpredictable, and don't simply result in the faction that "people want" coming into power (or rather, taking power by force).

Incorrect. That is why it is important to realize that unanimity is impossible, but it is the majority of people whose support is needed to keep the status quo or a change. Enough Iranians wanted a change, and they achieved it. The same holds true for others too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back