GIDS - Global Industrial Defence Solutions

I find it interesting that these different entities are forming commercial fronts (e.g., Stingray Technologies, Harobanx, Qaswa, etc) all of a sudden. I wonder if all this is being done to start leveraging offsets, maybe by setting up units that foreign OEMs can engage without working through hurdles.

I find it interesting that these different entities are forming commercial fronts (e.g., Stingray Technologies, Harobanx, Qaswa, etc) all of a sudden. I wonder if all this is being done to start leveraging offsets, maybe by setting up units that foreign OEMs can engage without working through hurdles.

Looks like some(limited) common sense is filtering through in the procurement programmes..

Taimur Air-Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM)

Taimur Air Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM)

May 10, 2024

The Taimur Air-Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM), developed by Pakistan’s state-owned Global Industrial & Defence Solutions (GIDS) is a low observable, subsonic anti-surface weapon system.

First unveiled at the IDEAS 2022, Taimur is a direct competitor to MBDA Storm-Shadow/SCALP and Roketsan SOM (Stand-off Missile) in the export market.

The Taimur Air-Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) is an anti-ship, export variant of Pakistan’s nuclear-capable RAAD-II ALCM (600 km) optimized for deployment via fixed-wing aircraft for air-to-surface operations. It serves as both an anti-ship and land-attack cruise missile. Designed for stand-off engagements, it allows the launch platform to effectively engage distant targets up to 290 km.

Taimur is Equipped with an imaging infrared (IIR) seeker for high-accuracy terminal guidance. It is also capable of terrain-hugging and sea-skimming capabilities, enabling it to fly at low altitudes while hugging the terrain or skimming over the sea surface. Operating at low altitudes, it maintains stealth and stability at subsonic speeds throughout its cruise.

Technical Specifications:

• Range: 290 Km
  • Warhead Type: Blast: Fragmentation
  • Navigation System: Ins / Gnss
  • Length: 4.38 M
  • Weight: 1100 Kg
  • Wing Span: 3.2 M
The missile’s advanced INS/GNSS guidance system, coupled with its low observability, allows it to penetrate sophisticated air defense networks with high precision and reduced chances of interception.

Based on a modular design, it is the third variation of the RAAD series of missiles, which is a testament to its upgradability, ensuring its relevance and effectiveness in rapidly evolving warfare.

@JamD Do you have any idea what the origin of the IIR seeker on Taimoor ALCM could be?

Compare to western

The ASMP is 5.38 m in length, 0.38 m in body diameter, and has a launch weight of 860 kg. The earlier version of the missile carried the TN- 80, a 300kT nuclear warhead with a payload of 200 kg, while the later version of the missile carries both the TN-81 and 300kT nuclear warheads, with a reduced payload of 180 kg.

Storm shadow

Mass1,300 kg (2,900 lb)
Length5.1 m (16 ft 9 in)
Width630 mm (25 in)
Height480 mm (19 in)
Wingspan3 m (9 ft 10 in)
WarheadMultistage BROACHpenetration warhead
Warhead weight450 kilograms (990 lb)

1716699424854.png

[Selex Galileo Falco EVO] An advanced version of the Falco unmanned aircraft system. First flight in 2012. By enlarging the Falco's airframe and making it compatible with C4I systems, the Falco's capabilities have been improved to enable surveillance, target detection and other missions at longer distances for longer periods of time.

Pakistan's largest state-owned defence conglomerate, Global Industrial & Defence Solutions (GIDS) pitches AZB range extension kits at Africa Air Force Forum 2024 . This kit enhances the range of Mk-83 bombs to 100 kilometers and provides greater accuracy. [Qaswa Industries]

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back