GIDS - Global Industrial Defence Solutions

Elevate your fighter aircraft with #GIDS state of the art weaponry
View attachment 42322
Considering the slide is fairly poorly organized and the title text is overlapping on the body - hopefully his oratory and command of the subject made up for it.

Considering the prospects - probably not too important…as those deals are decided in other ways

GIDS marketing effort is an embarrassment. From the company logo, which I suspect took inspiration from a bowl of spaghetti, and which breaks every rule of good design, and somehow GIDS managed to draw even the bowl of spaghetti very poorly. This is not refined by any measure. It is amateurish from top to bottom.

What is decidedly worse is it appears that there is little experience inside GIDS on how to build an attractive visual identity, or craft modern brand styling guidelines and uniform design language for marketing, that also compliments the products.

It is not as if GIDS cannot see what its competitors are doing. Take UAE's Edge group, they have a clean and understated design. Their product names are streamlined and meant to be marketed to foreign buyers. Edge group opened shop in 2019 and they have nailed marketing in no time. GIDS has been at it since 2007 and they are still utterly mediocre. I would wager a young Pakistan freelancer working on Fiverr can put out vastly better designed poster and presentation slides than what GIDS marketing department is putting out.

886x486-uae-edge.jpg

Last edited:
Pakistani weapons are crude design because they don't have focus on "Looks" they are aimed at being practical

While the "Color" and look is important aspect in a Exhibition what matters is the weapon functions and performs on the field.

However I agree that the , marketing aspect can be improved as there are many Photoshop Images /Marketing banner makers in Pakistan

Pakistani Marketing is more used to using sharp colors , like tutti fruiti color schemes, they don't really have good grasp of modern color schemes
or usage of "special fonts"

I don't mind a Tutti fruiti color missile or A2A weapon which reflects light looks like a tin can , as long as it "works"

Turkish Weapons : Look European , Look Modern , Look out of sci-fi movie, Sharp finishing. Mostly built with local Effort. Very European Engineering

UAE Weapons : Look like Alien Weapons , but no history of usage , no real army

Pakistani Weapons : Tutti Fruiti Color , Tin can design , but Work 100% , patched up tech from different sources , built with vast experience in warfare, Design of weapons is WW2 Standard look. The work under the hood is A+ level

Last edited:
this alone is enough to give away the fact that it is not a pakistani system.

It's limited by international conventions, that's the maximum range you can see this type of weapon

GIDS marketing effort is an embarrassment. From the company logo, which I suspect took inspiration from a bowl of spaghetti, and which breaks every rule of good design, and somehow GIDS managed to draw even the bowl of spaghetti very poorly. This is not refined by any measure. It is amateurish from top to bottom.

What is decidedly worse is it appears that there is little experience inside GIDS on how to build an attractive visual identity, or craft modern brand styling guidelines and uniform design language for marketing, that also compliments the products.

It is not as if GIDS cannot see what its competitors are doing. Take UAE's Edge group, they have a clean and understated design. Their product names are streamlined and meant to be marketed to foreign buyers. Edge group opened shop in 2019 and they have nailed marketing in no time. GIDS has been at it since 2007 and they are still utterly mediocre. I would wager a young Pakistan freelancer working on Fiverr can put out vastly better designed poster and presentation slides than what GIDS marketing department is putting out.

View attachment 43559
Does criticizing for sake of criticizing makes you feel good about you yourself and compensates for your own personal and physical shortcomings?

GIDS is great improvement over the past and will improve with time. It is an organic effort and not some imported technology, workers, management and marketing effort paid by oil dollars of the EDGE.

Pakistani weapons are crude design because they don't have focus on "Looks" they are aimed at being practical

While the "Color" and look is important aspect in a Exhibition what matters is the weapon functions and performs on the field.

However I agree that the , marketing aspect can be improved as there are many Photoshop Images /Marketing banner makers in Pakistan

Pakistani Marketing is more used to using sharp colors , like tutti fruiti color schemes, they don't really have good grasp of modern color schemes
or usage of "special fonts"

I don't mind a Tutti fruiti color missile or A2A weapon which reflects light looks like a tin can , as long as it "works"

Turkish Weapons : Look European , Look Modern , Look out of sci-fi movie, Sharp finishing. Mostly built with local Effort. Very European Engineering

UAE Weapons : Look like Alien Weapons , but no history of usage , no real army

Pakistani Weapons : Tutti Fruiti Color , Tin can design , but Work 100% , patched up tech from different sources , built with vast experience in warfare, Design of weapons is WW2 Standard look. The work under the hood is A+ level
I wouldn't be so confident in Pakistani engineering being A+...

GIDS
155mm Guided Projectile for Artillery Gun'Tipu Weapon System'
- Detonation: Impact or Delayed Detonation
- Hit Probability > 80%

GIDS
ANZA MK-III like systems have shown their utility in Ukraine Russia Conflict.
-Man Potable
-Shoulder-fired
- Surface-to-Air Missile System
MK-III an upgraded variant with extended range of up to 5km, improved sensors & ECCM capability.
Credit : Defence Insider

1717939600682.png

Bangladesh received 172 Baktar-Shikan units delivered from Pakistan in 2004-2005.

In 2006, Sri Lanka 🇱🇰 also requested 10 units.

The ATGM is also operational with the Malaysian army

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest

Back