HAL LCA Tejas: Updates, News & Discussions

well do you even have anything close to rafale for that matter ..??

as for fifth gen well its not just a fighter plane that you buy but a full ecosystem and its diffrent ball game to train and mantain a 3rd/F16 A/B& Mirage or a 4th or even a 4.5 gen

but even if you some how get them where will you get money to train and antain them when you cant even buy 8 F16 BLK52 on market price ????

PAF always does seem to find a way, and incidentally last time I checked operates 4 AESA fighter sqds V India's 2....

PAF always does seem to find a way, and incidentally last time I checked operates 4 AESA fighter sqds V India's 2....
well first indian AESA enebelled fighter in service of IAF is Sepecat Jaguars DARIN III

then Rafale and now all Mig29s and Mirage2000s and Su30MKIs are to be upgraded with
Digital Intigrated RWR/LWR
GaN based fire control AESA radar & Jammer POD
Software Defined Radio based on L band with SATLINK
unified & intigrated DIGITAL EW suit with mission computers based on very high capacity DATABUS architecture
new HOTAS based glass cockpit with new main Single MFD display and new LRUs
new Indian made FLIRST sensor

funds are cleared for first 84 su30s while testing is on for Mig29s and Mirage2000 for there life extenssion

as for LCA MK1A sure deu to GE404 engine supply delay there are some issues but its ok its late than never while already two different KAVERI Turbofan engines are under final R&D phase and testing with LRDE so dont worry ... bakkrre ki amma kabb takk khair banayeggi ;) :P

well first indian AESA enebelled fighter in service of IAF is Sepecat Jaguars DARIN III

then Rafale and now all Mig29s and Mirage2000s and Su30MKIs are to be upgraded with
Digital Intigrated RWR/LWR
GaN based fire control AESA radar & Jammer POD
Software Defined Radio based on L band with SATLINK
unified & intigrated DIGITAL EW suit with mission computers based on very high capacity DATABUS architecture
new HOTAS based glass cockpit with new main Single MFD display and new LRUs
new Indian made FLIRST sensor

funds are cleared for first 84 su30s while testing is on for Mig29s and Mirage2000 for there life extenssion

as for LCA MK1A sure deu to GE404 engine supply delay there are some issues but its ok its late than never while already two different KAVERI Turbofan engines are under final R&D phase and testing with LRDE so dont worry ... bakkrre ki amma kabb takk khair banayeggi ;) :P

Again, you seem to use a lot of words to state very little and again, you get into the habit of using a 2040 IAF to fight a 2024 PAF. Which I guess is the biggest compliment PAF can receive....

Simple question would be are you referring to J-20 as the 5th gen fighter or F-35? Because there's a difference between them.

Not specific but he can consider either or take General 5th Gen characteristics for comparision.

well do you even have anything close to rafale for that matter ..??

as for fifth gen well its not just a fighter plane that you buy but a full ecosystem and its diffrent ball game to train and mantain a 3rd/F16 A/B& Mirage or a 4th or even a 4.5 gen

but even if you some how get them where will you get money to train and antain them when you cant even buy 8 F16 BLK52 on market price ????

That's not the discussion point. Simple basic question is which one is better Rafale or 5th Gen (Take J20 or F35 for Example)? Who will win the Aerial battle one to one? And this is started from importance of stealth. Some people are trying to downplay stealth and other 5th Gen Characteristics.

well even in 2024 we have enough to keep both PAF & PLAAF at bay other wise there were more than 6 diffrent flashpoints in last three years when both of them wanted to attack India but could not ever wonderred what stopped them both ...????

well secndlly we dont have to worry about USAs or europes or ARABs or Chinas NOD to take decissions in owr own best interests we do what we like cause we dont begg from one and all like owr "azlee dushman" on the west ;) :P

as weather USA or NATO or China likes it or not we do and make what we like .... you can do the same who is stopping you in taking right decission in your national interests ?????

last but not the least dont worry about the so called NUMBERS CRUNCH IN IAF as we are not asking for the funding for the same from Pakistan or China or UK/USA/NATO nations ;) :P

Sometimes you really make this too easy for me....

"we dont have to worry about USAs or europes"

1722264075815.png

Not specific but he can consider either or take General 5th Gen characteristics for comparision.

That's not the discussion point. Simple basic question is which one is better Rafale or 5th Gen (Take J20 or F35 for Example)? Who will win the Aerial battle one to one? And this is started from importance of stealth. Some people are trying to downplay stealth and other 5th Gen Characteristics.
well as for fact there is no such thing as complete electronick invisibility or STEALTH they just deflect the radar waves to other direction rather them sending them back to radar reciver from where those waves originated

be it any US or russian or for that matter chinese or S Korean so called FIFTH gen fighter /bomber platform they only deflect radar waves and its only a matter of time till they somehow squese more than one band of AESA radar in a single antenna then even that so called STEALTHY chercteristics are highly questionable

already russians are developing there fourth gen anty stealthy radars who knows they even have one same for USA & Japan and Israel & France

so my dear friend there is a lot of stuff they do not talk about ... dose not means its not there ...... cheers mate

well ve are laready developing Kaveri variants rather than mocking those who could not or begging USA/China or turkey for weapons ;) :P

View attachment 57348

I dont understand, you posted a picture of an engine that is not in any plane?

You are listing 84 upgraded SU-30s, Tejas MK1A and Kavari. None of these are actually in the hands of your air force right now.

PAF have J-10Cs with PL-15s probably flying CAP right now near your border.

1722265448814.png

well as for fact there is no such thing as complete electronick invisibility or STEALTH they just deflect the radar waves to other direction rather them sending them back to radar reciver from where those waves originated

be it any US or russian or for that matter chinese or S Korean so called FIFTH gen fighter /bomber platform they only deflect radar waves and its only a matter of time till they somehow squese more than one band of AESA radar in a single antenna then even that so called STEALTHY chercteristics are highly questionable

already russians are developing there fourth gen anty stealthy radars who knows they even have one same for USA & Japan and Israel & France

so my dear friend there is a lot of stuff they do not talk about ... dose not means its not there ...... cheers mate

Dear Right now nothing is here in hand.

Mark my words, You people learn the benefits of 5th Gen including Stealth in the same way you learn benefit of secure communication and higher range of BVR.

By the way if stealth is that much over-rated then why india is planning AMCA and that too in 2030-40 period? Why not make MK2 to MK3 as the probability of what ever you are saying is much more in that period than now or in near future?

I dont understand, you posted a picture of an engine that is not in any plane?

You are listing 84 upgraded SU-30s, Tejas MK1A and Kavari. None of these are actually in the hands of your air force right now.

PAF have J-10Cs with PL-15s probably flying CAP right now near your border.

View attachment 57349

Some Indian fellows has habit of comparing their future goodies with others current goodies. Let them feel secure in this way.

What is the RCS of J-20 ?

A lot less than Rafale for sure.

Dear Right now nothing is here in hand.

Mark my words, You people learn the benefits of 5th Gen including Stealth in the same way you learn benefit of secure communication and higher range of BVR.

By the way if stealth is that much over-rated then why india is planning AMCA and that too in 2030-40 period? Why not make MK2 to MK3 as the probability of what ever you are saying is much more in that period than now or in near future?

Some Indian fellows has habit of comparing their future goodies with others current goodies. Let them feel secure in this way.

A lot less than Rafale for sure.
How much ?

How much ?

No body here knows exactly but it is speculated that The F-22 has an RCS of 0.0001 square meters, F-35 has an RCS of about 0.0015 square meters, J-20 would have an radar cross section of about 0.01 square meters while Rafale's radar cross-section range from 0.1 to 1 square meter.

But Again I will say No body here knows exactly as it's classified data but every right minded will say 5th Gen has lower RCS many many fold than 4th or 4.5th Gen Fighter.

Last edited:
No body here knows exactly but it is speculated that The F-22 has an RCS of 0.0001 square meters, F-35 has an RCS of about 0.0015 square meters, J-20 would have an radar cross section of about 0.01 square meters while Rafale's radar cross-section range from 0.1 to 1 square meter.

But Again I will say No body here knows exactly as it's classified data but every right minded will say 5th Gen has lower RCS many many fold than 4th or 4.5th Gen Fighter.
J20 was detected on PESA Radar of Su-30MKI in Uttarakhand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back