HAL LCA Tejas: Updates, News & Discussions

1st of August tomorrow, any sign of any Tejas delivery or will it be "next month" as per usual?

I think It's 15 August Now.
issue of engine delivery is becoming increasingly complicated between India and USA due to strained relations. USA is also unhappy with the fact that Tejas will be deployed at Pakistan border, as Pakistan is an ally of USA. India has already started searching for alternative engine for Tejas.

issue of engine delivery is becoming increasingly complicated between India and USA due to strained relations. USA is also unhappy with the fact that Tejas will be deployed at Pakistan border, as Pakistan is an ally of USA. India has already started searching for alternative engine for Tejas.

Strange, we keep being told US will bend over backwards for India and your piles of cash....

1st of August tomorrow, any sign of any Tejas delivery or will it be "next month" as per usual?
Unfortunately, you cannot decouple an aircraft from an engine and keep the program going. But the delays should not be as severe - eventually it will come.

Unfortunately, you cannot decouple an aircraft from an engine and keep the program going. But the delays should not be as severe - eventually it will come.

For sure, but if the past is anything to go by, I would be surprised if they have more then 2-3 by year end

USA is also unhappy with the fact that Tejas will be deployed at Pakistan border, as Pakistan is an ally of USA.

I think no one in Pakistan would believe in it, infact every one will laugh on this statement.

USA is also unhappy with the fact that Tejas will be deployed at Pakistan border, as Pakistan is an ally of USA.

I think no one in Pakistan would believe in it, infact every one will laugh on this statement.

It's OK, soon the freak show that is the HAL Tejas programme will come to an end, then we can have another 10 years of being told 16 AMCAs are going to be delivered next month....

It's OK, soon the freak show that is the HAL Tejas programme will come to an end, then we can have another 10 years of being told 16 AMCAs are going to be delivered next month....

Supply chain disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and exacerbated by the Russian war are undeniable realities. Even the F35, with its globally dispersed supply chain, experienced a one-year delay in deliveries. While production has resumed, it will take at least six months to return to normal levels. India, which has a history of project delays, now seems intent on blaming the U.S. for its own incompetence. This scapegoat mentality is hindering cooperation and addressing the actual root causes of the delays. Good for Pakistan, they love to live in fool's paradise.

Supply chain disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and exacerbated by the Russian war are undeniable realities. Even the F35, with its globally dispersed supply chain, experienced a one-year delay in deliveries. While production has resumed, it will take at least six months to return to normal levels. India, which has a history of project delays, now seems intent on blaming the U.S. for its own incompetence. This scapegoat mentality is hindering cooperation and addressing the actual root causes of the delays. Good for Pakistan, they love to live in fool's paradise.

It is more then that, this is a failure of basic project management in addition to supply chain issues. Lates news is that the radar has not been properly integrated into the MK1A.

As I said, clown show.....

It is more then that, this is a failure of basic project management in addition to supply chain issues. Lates news is that the radar has not been properly integrated into the MK1A.

As I said, clown show.....

As I mentioned earlier, this delay isn't solely due to the engine, as they have a sufficient stock of spare engines from the MK1. Thank you for informing me about the radar integration issues as well. I wouldn't be surprised if more incompetencies are uncovered soon.

Indians are playing a blame game for their incompetence, as this engine issue provides them with a scapegoat for their other failings.

India doesn't make any serious military purchases from USA because USA is allied with Pakistan. Even when buying systems for fighter jets, India may purchase engines for the Tejas, but the radar and mission computer will never be of US origin because a US-origin radar cannot be integrated with Indian and Russian weapons.
It’s true that Pakistan is now leaning towards China, but it has been the biggest non-NATO ally of USA in the past. Even today, it maintains an alliance with USA, though not as strong as it once was. US does not want India to completely dominate and control Pakistan, as Pakistan borders India, Afghanistan, and Iran, making it strategically important for the USA and NATO.

USA has ditched Pakistan period
The double dealing and backstabbing during WOT has cost Pakistan dearly
Couple this with a econmic collapse failing rupee Pakistan needs china to help it stand up literally in every way
They really are on their needs
I heard imf have handed over 20 loans since independence none have been paid back completely

So coming back to Tejas or indeed Indian poor management or decision making

I look at this holistically
India is massive economic power power now will rightly take Third place and be bigger more powerful than all on the planet bar USA and china

These Indians get things right eventually
The Indian navy leads the way in independence indengious systems giving India a world class fleet

The air force will get this right soon enough
China is beyond reach we cannot fight china ever we best stick to diplomacy
But Pakistan offers nil threat to India now it's complete mis match in fire power financial muscle global standing etc
So Tejas beng late or failed or shut down is not a big deal being made here
Next door they have no idea where or what they can do about anything but rely on good will
You canny win arms race or ideology battle with this inherent weakness

Off topic I know but related

Post has nothing to do with Tejas, it's almost like you are desperate to talk about almost anything else. why not leave Pakistan and China out of this and focus on why, after 10 years, only 35 Tejas are in IAF service?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back