India gets huge economic boost from 2023 World Cup, Pakistan denied fair share

I agree. I used to love the sport. Kapil Dev Imran Kan Richard Hadlee and the windies - cricket now has become a dodo

I can't name most of the worlds cricket teams anymore, barely know the Pakistan team now

It's difficult to pick any real player of note

I also noted years ago, that when India due to its size started to throw it weight around, multiple rules to favor batting came in
Using two balls killed reverse swing
Massive bats, so even edges go for runs
Dead pitches

Just bit by bit by bit, cricket has just become finished as a support

And you see the world cups now, just built around trying to maximize ratings and getting India to win, especially the Indian home tournaments

It's sickening what they have done to the game we all used to love

If you are not a part of IPL and were never were ( except its first season in 2008, before Mumbai attacks).

Then how has IPL destroyed Pakistani cricket?
IPL is not destroyed Pakistani cricket but we destroyed ourselves in cricket arena because of corruption and political influences, thanks God we are not in IPL anymore

1.4 billion is not an economic boost. Nevermind the "huge" boost as the article claims. More like clerical error.

Yes, cricket is not played because we have issues to sort out with Pakistan. Don't politicise sports? Sports is very political just like any sport being played around the world and blood is thicker than water.

But I do agree on one point though. If revenue of the particular match is not shared with Pakistan which we played with them, it should be paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back