India guns for 12 more 'eyes in sky'

kaku

Feb 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
There is no capability match of Erieye with Netra. There is very minimal elint capabilities in erieye, and no other country ever going to give modes like NCTR & fingerprint matching to anyone. Capabilities wise on 26th & 27th Feb, Netra performed much better than Phalcons. It's ELINT & ECM is much better & advanced than what Phalcons got so far.
View attachment 16856

Twitter se mere tweet chura liya.

BTW, I am waiting for CEC capabilities from Air Force, that would be total game- changer to achieve air dominance in contested airspace.

Navy already achieved it, it’s time for Air Force, and this should happen with Netra- Tejas Mk1A-Astra combination.

indushek

Apr 6, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If Netra MK2 will be ready for induction in 2026-27,
Then why do we need Netra Mk1a

While I agree with buying 12 AEW&C
I don't see the point in inducting Netra Mk1a
From what I understand its all to do with,

incremental development of a platform firstly
Then low cost platform that can be filled in numbers

After the 3 Phalcon AWACS units that came in around 2009 or so, our guys developed Netra AEWCS and these 3 got inducted around 2017. It was a cheaper backup, that is made locally. Netra now called Mk1 or base variant, was worked upon to further develop Mk1A.

It makes sense because, the base tech is proven and can be made and inducted fast. Mk2 has a new Array Unit, supposedly based upon GAN tech. Might need good amount of testing, before its inducted.

indushek

Apr 6, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

These could be good options for India.

Our guys seem to be loving, second hand platforms to mount locally made systems Zarvan Bhai. Chillar me kaam hojata

The system you show must be costly

indushek

Apr 6, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Should have gone for 10 Netra Mk-1 directly.. Our generals and Babus are too dumb.
If we start counting such stuff, we will be filling so many pages on internet.

C17 Globemaster is one of many examples

Our IAF is running around, to replace IL 76 and have no viable option now. However when we brought C17, the Americans asked us to get more. Oh no, let me think .. then by the time we thought, the production line shut down.

Let's leave it, our guys know how to delay and drag things well. Dil Pani Pani hojata hai, aise kisse sunke. Offtopic crying so ignore

DDG-80

Banned
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Netra Mk1A finally got approval from the MoD
20240217_083958.jpg

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I see a bullet point for β€œData records and replay” on the next gen AWACS.

Why not develop a cloud for it? Link it through terrestrial links and SATCOM.
India literally has the most secure cloud experts in one place in the world outside of the US.

indushek

Apr 6, 2010
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I see a bullet point for β€œData records and replay” on the next gen AWACS.

Why not develop a cloud for it? Link it through terrestrial links and SATCOM.
India literally has the most secure cloud experts in one place in the world outside of the US.
Does any Military of any country, as of now use Cloud computing for such work? (Have no idea so asking)

I mean what if, it gets hacked or something?

Oscar

Mar 28, 2009
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Archie

Apr 28, 2010
If we start counting such stuff, we will be filling so many pages on internet.

C17 Globemaster is one of many examples

Our IAF is running around, to replace IL 76 and have no viable option now. However when we brought C17, the Americans asked us to get more. Oh no, let me think .. then by the time we thought, the production line shut down.

Let's leave it, our guys know how to delay and drag things well. Dil Pani Pani hojata hai, aise kisse sunke. Offtopic crying so ignore

That is correct

IAF should have bought atleast 20 C17 Globemasters in 2010 , Instead we bought 11

These would have allowed us to retire Our IL76 aircrafts in 2028 without hesitation.

As things stand now , we only have 8-9 IL76 actually operational, rest are grounded

IAF wants to acquire 15 Heavy lifters to replace IL76, but it only has one option ie Russian IL476/76MD which has a smaller 60 ton payload capacity as compared to 75 tons of C17. Not to mention the risk of American blackmail with respect to GE F404/414 ENGINES if we buy any Russian weapons

Justin TruDont

Apr 23, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What the hell
Another defence project going to Adani
While Tata , Mahindra , Kalyani and L&T have years of experience In defence manufacturing.

This is Crony capitalism

SecularNationalist

Elite Member
Feb 21, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

These could be good options for India.

India is full of cash they can buy the most advanced expensive AWAC that's not an issue.
Issue is in their training and packing a punch by integrating Awac with all platforms. I.e intraoperability .
That's why they were defeated on 27 February 2019. Their airchief of that time accepted that PAF utilised their Awac in far better manner.

Users who are viewing this thread