India guns for 12 more 'eyes in sky'

nahtanbob

Elite Member
Sep 24, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
How does this Netra compare to the Phalcons & Erieye? @Quwa

More appropriate question
which versions of the Phalcon and Erieye we are comparing to ?

Phalcon in Indian Air Force is quiet dated. ERIEYE for the Pakistani air force does not have all the latest technologies either.

If executed properly the Netra route is the best long term approach to this platform

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
You are right and wrong. Right, because India isn’t a first world country with unlimited money and has to ration it. Heck, even first world countries have to spend carefully, so India can’t be reckless in this regard.
Wrong, because the cases we are discussing were not due to money buy poor handling of procurement.

Example - PAF. They have more number of AWACS than IAF. They inducted J10 with much less fuss than that was possible in India. PAF has secure communication for decades. Did, India not have enough money to get them? There are many other cases.

India has adequate resources to get what they want, but, we need better procurement policies. IAF always asks for the moon, gets a few pieces of that equipment while they could induct an effective but much cheaper variant in adequate numbers, that can do the job.

Yes, a lot of sense in what you just said. Funny thing is you would have thought a nationalist like Modi who promised to do away with red tape would have sorted this out by now, he has had ample time....

Waz

Administrator
Sep 14, 2006
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
NETRA operates on how many aircraft currently?

vikNerv

Feb 24, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Phalcon employs an AESA radar which offers 360-degree awareness.
Doesn't mean it's the best or close tk best out there. We have had them for a long time now and I can't recall any upgrades to them since procurement

Falcon26

Dec 24, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
More appropriate question
which versions of the Phalcon and Erieye we are comparing to ?

Phalcon in Indian Air Force is quiet dated. ERIEYE for the Pakistani air force does not have all the latest technologies either.

If executed properly the Netra route is the best long term approach to this platform

The Pakistani erieyes were recently upgraded.

Falcon26

Dec 24, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Upgraded does not means Pakistan has the latest and greatest

Stop being insecure. Who said they were the latest and greatest? And besides, I would take Swedish technology over Indian hodgepodge awacs any day. The Swedes have a track record of proven reliable and cutting edge technology.

DDG-80

Banned
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Stop being insecure. Who said they were the latest and greatest? And besides, I would take Swedish technology over Indian hodgepodge awacs any day. The Swedes have a track record of proven reliable and cutting edge technology.
Refer to my post #12

Last edited:

nahtanbob

Elite Member
Sep 24, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

I never said anything Sweden. They have a great track record. They are not supplying Pakistan with their latest and greatest technology given record with Taliban, China and nukes.

Falcon26

Dec 24, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I never said anything Sweden. They have a great track record. They are not supplying Pakistan with their latest and greatest technology given record with Taliban, China and nukes.

Only in your deluded mind. The Erieyes are better than any similar system in India. Cope harder, dude.

nahtanbob

Elite Member
Sep 24, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Only in your deluded mind. The Erieyes are better than any similar system in India. Cope harder, dude.

that may be true. you have a little problem with comprehension.

All I said:
Sweden is not supplying their state of the art to Pakistan. I never compared to India because I have no idea what the capabilities of the Phalcon and NETRA are

Falcon26

Dec 24, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
that may be true. you have a little problem with comprehension.

All I said:
Sweden is not supplying their state of the art to Pakistan. I never compared to India because I have no idea what the capabilities of the Phalcon and NETRA are

Again nonsense.

When Pakistan got the Erieye, it was the absolute best system in Sweden. Other variants arrived later, as a natural progression of any weapon system. So your claim that “Sweden is not supplying its state of the art to Pakistan” is absolutely preposterous.

Your comprehension claim is ironic…but not surprising as your claim has been exposed as a farce.

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest