India to export Akash air defence system to Armenia in $720 million deal

They don't have much to begin with, the population is old and small.
Their population also has one of the highest diaspora outside it's nation, around 8-10 million compared to 2.9 million living there.
There's a running joke about them that they love to be patriotic as long as they live outside of Armenia.
Sad state for any nation or people.

Reactions: Waz
Guess France didn't get the memo regd those claiming things here with "no one else, no one big sells to Armenia because my feelings...."

Canisterised version of Akash. The newer version of Akash replaces the older Ramjet propulsion with a more efficient dual pulse rocket motor which provides good end game manoeuvrability. This advanced variant comes with an AESA multi-function radar that features all three functions - search, track and fire control in one platform. It uses an Ku-band AESA seeker which was revealed to the public during Aero India 2021.
1710859195559.png
1710859212226.png
@Waz

They don't have much to begin with, the population is old and small.
Their population also has one of the highest diaspora outside it's nation, around 8-10 million compared to 2.9 million living there.
There's a running joke about them that they love to be patriotic as long as they live outside of Armenia.

Didn't know that

I live in a suburb outside New Delhi, and our town's population probably exceeds 3 million

Didn't know that

I live in a suburb outside New Delhi, and our town's population probably exceeds 3 million

Yep it's tiny and what's worse very very old.
I never quite got them i.e. diaspora Armenians who bang on about how proud they are but they never go back, even for holidays. Other folks e.g. Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese etc all go for holidays, family, even invest.

Canisterised version of Akash. The newer version of Akash replaces the older Ramjet propulsion with a more efficient dual pulse rocket motor which provides good end game manoeuvrability. This advanced variant comes with an AESA multi-function radar that features all three functions - search, track and fire control in one platform. It uses an Ku-band AESA seeker which was revealed to the public during Aero India 2021.
View attachment 27390
View attachment 27391
@Waz

They are getting this? Isn't that past their wallets a little?

Ah right so no buy from them yet.
I mean they're going to receive the upgraded variant of Akash. This could be either Akash Prime or Akash NG.

Reactions: Waz
Yep it's tiny and what's worse very very old.
I never quite got them i.e. diaspora Armenians who bang on about how proud they are but they never go back, even for holidays. Other folks e.g. Indians, Pakistanis, Chinese, Koreans, Vietnamese etc all go for holidays, family, even invest.

They usually go to Russia, France, and the US, where career prospects and other things are easier. Its also easier for them to immigrate compared to other countries, so they take advantage of that. Most go to Russia/Moscow, the rest go to France and some to the US.

Its honestly the case for much of Eastern Europe, since the EU integration, visa issue are not too much of an issue for most eastern europeans, they can live indefinitely elsewhere and work there. they all want to go live in London(Thats what started Brexit originally, nativist backlash about Poles and Romanians etc etc) or Amsterdam or a high income Western European city.

Apparently the Armenians aren’t happy with Akash and want nothing to do with them. This isn’t surprising as some of the very few countries that operate Indian origin weapons have always complained about the quality and efficiency of Indian weapons. Ecuador, which operated the Dhruv helicopters from India, has grounded all its Indian made helicopters and have canceled any follow-on orders.

Ex-defence minister and whatever reasons between him and Pashinyan (and other factions of Armenian govt that have polarised more since the war with Azerbaijan and defeat inflicted on Armenian forces).....necessitate something far more source wise regarding this....to know its a smoke that means fire on something. Otherwise a number of similar things can be done regarding many countries in general.....on one-off anecdotal whims from internal politics.

Apparently the Armenians aren’t happy with Akash and want nothing to do with them. This isn’t surprising as some of the very few countries that operate Indian origin weapons have always complained about the quality and efficiency of Indian weapons. Ecuador, which operated the Dhruv helicopters from India, has grounded all its Indian made helicopters and have canceled any follow-on orders.

Deliveries of Akash SAM is yet to begin..Majority of India's defence equipment meant for Armenia is on the way and it'll take time before they get fully inducted into the Armenian armed forces...
Screenshot_20240319-152706_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back