India to Sign Deal for MQ 9 Predator drones worth 4 Billion USD

Lmao https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IAI_Harpy there are quite a few countries in use of harpy
View attachment 65371
Even India I'm surprised there lol the picture I showed above of harpy was at air show in paris in 2007.Sold to China in 1994 for around US$55 million, the loitering munitions were returned to Israel in 2004 under contract to be upgraded

Is Harpy a single use loiter weapon rather than a re-usable drone ?

Is Harpy a single use loiter weapon rather than a re-usable drone ?
The Harpy UAV is equipped with a navigation system which automatically determines the threat classification and attack sequence after receiving the enemy's radar signal. The warhead weighs 32 kilograms and is more powerful than the American HARM High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile. Using a laser proximity fuze, the end CEP is within 15 meters. The prefabricated fragment warhead can effectively destroy the antenna system of the ground radar.
As a small suicide attack drone, it is equipped with a high-explosive warhead. The nose of the aircraft is equipped with a broadband radar radiation signal detection antenna, and the rear is equipped with a high-explosive warhead. It can be launched from a truck and used to attack the radar system to blind the enemy's "eyes". The aircraft has a length of 2.5 meters, a wingspan of 2.2 meters, a maximum flight speed of 220 kilometers per hour, a endurance of 4 hours, and a range of up to 280 kilometers. After launching, it autonomously flies to the patrol area and can fly at an altitude of 4000 meters at a cruising speed of 180 km/h. The advantages are flexibility, long range, long endurance, wide anti-radar frequency band, high intelligence, strong survivability, and can be used all-weather. It uses ordinary car gasoline or aviation gasoline as fuel.
The ASN-301, which has been on the shelves and is about to be exported, is indeed the same as the "Harpy" UAV. It has a delta-wing aerodynamic layout. It is also launched from this 6×6 truck vehicle. The rocket boosts the launch. Plan the flight according to the scheduled route. After reaching the target area, it will start to detect the enemy's radar (even the "squatting" hovering in the sky). After finding the radar signal of the locked target radar, it will complete the suicide attack along the opponent's radar wave.

He left lol I presented too much of a strong case. Did he really think ASN was from shaheed come on now this is 2024 bruh not early 2000s where drone techs were not matured enough

The Harpy UAV is equipped with a navigation system which automatically determines the threat classification and attack sequence after receiving the enemy's radar signal. The warhead weighs 32 kilograms and is more powerful than the American HARM High-speed Anti-Radiation Missile. Using a laser proximity fuze, the end CEP is within 15 meters. The prefabricated fragment warhead can effectively destroy the antenna system of the ground radar.
As a small suicide attack drone, it is equipped with a high-explosive warhead. The nose of the aircraft is equipped with a broadband radar radiation signal detection antenna, and the rear is equipped with a high-explosive warhead. It can be launched from a truck and used to attack the radar system to blind the enemy's "eyes". The aircraft has a length of 2.5 meters, a wingspan of 2.2 meters, a maximum flight speed of 220 kilometers per hour, a endurance of 4 hours, and a range of up to 280 kilometers. After launching, it autonomously flies to the patrol area and can fly at an altitude of 4000 meters at a cruising speed of 180 km/h. The advantages are flexibility, long range, long endurance, wide anti-radar frequency band, high intelligence, strong survivability, and can be used all-weather. It uses ordinary car gasoline or aviation gasoline as fuel.
The ASN-301, which has been on the shelves and is about to be exported, is indeed the same as the "Harpy" UAV. It has a delta-wing aerodynamic layout. It is also launched from this 6×6 truck vehicle. The rocket boosts the launch. Plan the flight according to the scheduled route. After reaching the target area, it will start to detect the enemy's radar (even the "squatting" hovering in the sky). After finding the radar signal of the locked target radar, it will complete the suicide attack along the opponent's radar wave.

Is Harpy a single use loiter weapon ?
If a Harpy is fired and it does not find the target I assume it self-destructs

That is a lot different from re-usable drones that can function as loiter weapons & return to the control base if not used
I'm not sure I don't know much about it all I know is asn-301 was in service with the PLA long before any action in Ukraine .
This is Orlan 10 engine sold on AliExpress lol like I said these loitering munition engine u can buy on AliExpress. I'm a sense china does help both Russia and Iran indirectly.

Attachments

• RDT_20240916_1920063961879148866834931.png
    RDT_20240916_1920063961879148866834931.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 2
He left lol I presented too much of a strong case. Did he really think ASN was from shaheed come on now this is 2024 bruh not early 2000s where drone techs were not matured enough
There is no strong case because we never saw this ASN-301 in service nor did we ever seen it exported nor its use in combat. We just saw it unveiled this year in Sawdi Judea at an arms expo back in Feb 19th. And FYI, Iran makes the engines itself for the Shaheds and its other drones. Don’t need China for those. The engines are German MD series aero engines. Not Chinese. We’ve never seen Chinese LM’s in use anywhere and the CH-4’s and wingloongs been shot down in droves all over the place.

Nobody wants to buy Chinese or Turkey drones.

So mq-9 equivalents are wl-2,ch-5,Orion, and Sirius. Ch-5 is not cheap either around 8 million. Wl-2 is 2 million not sure if it's correct still the price difference are insane.
stop your garbage peddling . These piston drones can't power radars required for SAR surveillance. Those price are as fake as someone selling you iPhone for 50 dollars

There is no strong case because we never saw this ASN-301 in service nor did we ever seen it exported nor its use in combat. We just saw it unveiled this year in Sawdi Judea at an arms expo back in Feb 19th. And FYI, Iran makes the engines itself for the Shaheds and its other drones. Don’t need China for those. The engines are German MD series aero engines. Not Chinese. We’ve never seen Chinese LM’s in use anywhere and the CH-4’s and wingloongs been shot down in droves all over the place.

Nobody wants to buy Chinese or Turkey drones.
Lmao Chinese drones are everywhere in Nigeria,Egypt,Saudi ,Pakistan uae and a few others. Tell me when Iran has the same equivalent. Even your ballistic and cruise missiles programs got Chinese help.u might not buy it but Iranian leaders sure loved Chinese missiles without them I don't think they will have a robust system today. Ofc there are a few drones we don't export like gj-11 tb001. But most Chinese male/hale drones are much superior to whatever shaheed is. Don't forget DJI the most used drone in Ukraine.

Lmao Chinese drones are everywhere in Nigeria,Egypt,Saudi ,Pakistan and a few others. Tell me when Iran has the same equivalent. Even your ballistic and cruise missiles programs got Chinese help.u might not buy it but Iranian leaders sure loved Chinese missiles without them I don't think they will have a robust system today.
You have no idea do you?

Irans far ahead of yous in drones and missiles that actually work, are supplied in quantities to customers and used in anger everywhere today. You are small time, making toys that don’t work.

Irans far ahead of yous in drones and missiles that actually work, are supplied in quantities to customers and used in anger everywhere today.
Lmao dude whatever makes you happy man. Idk who Iranian sell to outside of its proxies and russia.im sure if china is willing to sell russia will buy than from Iran. China can supply them anything male/hale uav DJI suicide Drones anything. There are at least 20 different kinds of male/hale uavs in china many different variants 😂 there's no lack of drones china is easily top 3 in the world along with turkey and USA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back