• English is the official language of this forum. Posts in other languages will receive a warning, except in threads where foreign languages are permitted.

Indian Air Force News & Discussions

May 5, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
During their Return ,IAF Rafales to Stop in GREECE And EGYPT for More Exercises

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
@Deino

AMCA Moving Forward

AMCA will be a Reality in 10 years

May well have first flight in 10 years, but realistcially, if we consider other indian projects as a bench mark, I would say in service around 2040. Stealth is incredibly hard, that is not criticism of India, juts a fact.

Apr 24, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The United States has shown a keen interest in having India acquire the advanced F-35 fighter jet, a sentiment confirmed by an Indian Air Force (IAF) official during Aero India 2023.
The U.S. was not only interested in selling the F-35 to India but also in integrating India into the F-35 global supply chain. This move would have positioned India as a key player in the production and maintenance of one of the world's most advanced fighter jets.

Justin TruDont

Apr 23, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
May well have first flight in 10 years, but realistcially, if we consider other indian projects as a bench mark, I would say in service around 2040. Stealth is incredibly hard, that is not criticism of India, juts a fact.

You are correct
I expect first flight around 2034 , with induction date around 2040.
By the time AMCA enters service, we will be looking to retire our 50 odd Batch 1 Su30mki which were inducted between 2001-04

MirageBlue

Feb 20, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
HAL LCH Prachand with the IAF ACM VR Chaudhari in the back seat

GQVM5x1aAAAXhbT

Users who are viewing this thread