Indian Air Force News & Discussions

The Astra will be the standard bvr for Indian air force
Mark 2 and Ramjet version Astra 3 entering service soon.

All the Delays of Mk 1A will help
Indirectly while developing Mk 2 and AMCA

It is like gaining a clear insight into the Do's and Don'ts for saving time

It was a huge learning curve

All the Delays of Mk 1A will help
Indirectly while developing Mk 2 and AMCA

It is like gaining a clear insight into the Do's and Don'ts for saving time

It was a huge learning curve

You only need to look at china to.understand the learning curve can be slow and painful

During desert storm.usa F15 and F16 and french mirage2000 smashed the Iraqi migs mostly 21/23 to peices

At that time china was churning out F7 and j8 poor copy of early russian mig21/23...IE generation behind USA and west ...They got thru it and today they are peer to USA fifth generation technology and air power up...it took 20 years plus

India with Tejas is 20 years behind with Tejas mark1a to china and USA
In the next 20 years India will at least close the gap to less than ten years most likely Amca and Amca 2 by 2040

Not sure about your version of likely scenarios versus mine

As

Yasser up to his usual tricks again I see
India orders the 3rd batch of Astra bvrs or 200
These are INADITTION To the near 300 ordered previously already in service

See the link Yasser

In the link it stattes 200. So when did 200+200 = 500?

Take it you can do math? You claim I am "up to tricks" but post links proving yourself to be a liar. Funny no!?

You only need to look at china to.understand the learning curve can be slow and painful

During desert storm.usa F15 and F16 and french mirage2000 smashed the Iraqi migs mostly 21/23 to peices

At that time china was churning out F7 and j8 poor copy of early russian mig21/23...IE generation behind USA and west ...They got thru it and today they are peer to USA fifth generation technology and air power up...it took 20 years plus

India with Tejas is 20 years behind with Tejas mark1a to china and USA
In the next 20 years India will at least close the gap to less than ten years most likely Amca and Amca 2 by 2040

"AMCA 2"

Thaank you for providing the humour this weekend....

IAF 's condition is like This SONG

JO Mil Gaya USI ko Muqaddar Samajh liya 😂

Sometimes I really think what's different in case of IAF? Honestly speaking Indian Navy and Army have way better planners. Only French give IAF some breathing space.

Last edited:
Sometimes I really think what's different in case of IAF? Honestly speaking Indian Navy and Army have way better planners. Only French give IAF some breathing space.

yeah, I mean often a mix of bad planning and geo politics bites you on the ass, longer term India will inevitably recover from this, but how long is long? 10 years, 15 years, 20 years?

PAF went through this exact thing with the F-16 saga in the early 90s. Bad economy and US screwing us meant that between 1992 and 2002, basically 20 years, we were a third rate Air Force in terms if equipment.

Thankfully IAF has the Rafale, tat will give it breathing space, but 10 years from now there will be a very heavy 5th gen Chinese presence and a small PAF 5th gen presence.

yeah, I mean often a mix of bad planning and geo politics bites you on the ass, longer term India will inevitably recover from this, but how long is long? 10 years, 15 years, 20 years?

PAF went through this exact thing with the F-16 saga in the early 90s. Bad economy and US screwing us meant that between 1992 and 2002, basically 20 years, we were a third rate Air Force in terms if equipment.

Thankfully IAF has the Rafale, tat will give it breathing space, but 10 years from now there will be a very heavy 5th gen Chinese presence and a small PAF 5th gen presence.

I don't think India will have anything of significance between Rafale and French 6th Gen.

I don't think India will have anything of significance between Rafale and French 6th Gen.

Well Franco/German 6th Gen is a project they should get on sooner rather then later.
There may well be line for the fighters coming off the line, especially if other countries jump on board

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back