Indian Air Force News & Discussions

MirageBlue

Feb 20, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Serious question, if HAL has not delivered a single MK1-A to the air force yet, how do they plan to raise an Sqd next month?

By handing over the first Tejas Mk1A that flew in March 2024 and possibly one or two trainer Tejas Mk1s so they can begin conversion training for pilots from other squadrons.

After which regularly hand over Tejas Mk1As that complete customer acceptance flights to that squadron.

Yasser76

Jan 3, 2024
By handing over the first Tejas Mk1A that flew in March 2024 and possibly one or two trainer Tejas Mk1s so they can begin conversion training for pilots from other squadrons.

After which regularly hand over Tejas Mk1As that complete customer acceptance flights to that squadron.

3 planes is not enough to raise a Sqd.

Anway, lets see what HAL delivers next month....

DDG-80

Banned
Dec 26, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
@DDG-80

Is there any plan to make F 35 like EOTS for AMCA
The proposed IRST systems for the AMCA, Tejas Mk2, and Su-30MKI are designed to function similarly to the F-35's EOTS.
Screenshot_20230214-201558 (3).jpg

Screenshot_20230214-201607 (3).jpg

May 5, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What I am interested in this more is I heard Greek Mirages if we go for then those will be used for spares for existing fleet but these Qatari Mirages will be directly deployed in active duty and not for spares.... hope the deal goes on.... this will boost our Mirage inventory....

I think there is more chance that they will end up in Ukraine - with France now having comitted to providing them with M2K's. It helps Qatar to get rid of them to France, who can give them to Ukraine. Its helps Qatars relationship with Pakistan It helps France, as it reduces India's choices to only being able to buy more Rafales, which is in Frances interest.

But - yes - keep those fingers crossed..

Ali_Baba

May 27, 2018
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Tejas MK1A should have a modern cockpit, similar to those in Tejas MK2, Rafale, Gripen, or F-35. I hear JF-17 Block 3 is coming with a modern cockpit that includes a single wide multifunctional display and a side-mounted control stick. J-10C doesn't have that kind of modern cockpit, but the JF-17 Block 3 does.
See this it's a cockpit of India specific rafales it looks better than the cockpit of F-35
View attachment 51347

No - the only difference in the cockpit between Block II and Block III is the HUD - which a new wider design. No other changes. So single large MFD but classical 3 MFD layout,

panzerfaust 3

Mar 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
I think there is more chance that they will end up in Ukraine - with France now having comitted to providing them with M2K's. It helps Qatar to get rid of them to France, who can give them to Ukraine. Its helps Qatars relationship with Pakistan It helps France, as it reduces India's choices to only being able to buy more Rafales, which is in Frances interest.

But - yes - keep those fingers crossed..
aeba15a09addef98f9c74c364e51e344.gif

GoMig-21

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Tejas MK2 cockpit
View attachment 51353
Rafale cockpit
View attachment 51354
F-35 cockpit
View attachment 51355
Cockpit of Tejas MK2 is far better than Rafale cockpit

It looks great being a single, all-digital screen and even a large one which is always good for the eyes. But that doesn't mean the Rafale's setup is far less desirable. I bet if you took a poll from a group of pilots who experienced both, you're likely to find a portion of them might prefer one layout over the other. It's more likely a matter of preference and a very subjective thing.

The F-35's screen is sick with the built-in curve which I would think actually makes a difference in seeing the items on the side ends better. But the larger screen in the Tejas I would say is an advantage, for sure. It looks good. Is there another, larger pic that shows the side consoles with the stick & throttle too?

Why's that?
What are you so pissed off about that?
🧐

Because I would be wicked jealous, ma man! If anything they belong in Egypt, not India! 😡

I hate the Qatari air force as it is, with all their shiny, brand spanking new state of the art advanced F-15 Eagles, Eurofighter Typhoons AND RAFALES and now India wants their Mirage 2000-5s on top of that? No no no no noooooooo waaaaay! 🖕🖕🖕 Fuhgeddaboudit!

panzerfaust 3

Mar 6, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Because I would be wicked jealous, ma man! If anything they belong in Egypt, not India! 😡

They belong to us now!! 😡😡😡
I hate the Qatari air force as it is, with all their shiny, brand spanking new state of the art advanced F-15 Eagles, Eurofighter Typhoons AND RAFALES and now India wants their Mirage 2000-5s on top of that? No no no no noooooooo waaaaay! 🖕🖕🖕 Fuhgeddaboudit!
You can buy our very own Tejas if you like

Users who are viewing this thread