Indian Air Force News & Discussions

1725872058815.png

View attachment 64035

Clearly explains how difficult the entire operation to retrieve the Apache has been and why it could not be extracted by a Chinook.

Prachand gunship performing during Open Day at Ex Tarang Shakti Phase 2 in Jodhpur

GW4tzBKWEAEa7g_

Surya Kiran display team during Open Day at Ex Tarang Shakti Phase 2 in Jodhpur

GW4uMF4WYAAuf9m

GW4uM85XAAAZhM3

France lacks the funds to develop GaN AESA radar and is trying to convince other European countries to contribute to the development. The Indian GaN based UTTAM AESA radar was a viable option for Rafales, but due to exorbitant costs required for integration, Indian government is unlikely to accept this proposal of Indian Navy. This is why I believe India might opt for Gripen E with Indian avionics in the MMRCA deal.

Last edited:
@MirageBlue @Michael @silicon0000 @Deino @Yasser @Circadian Rhythm
If SAAB agrees to integrate Indian mission computer and UTTAM AESA radar into Gripen at a reasonable price, it could become a viable alternative to the Rafales for Indian Air Force. Su-57 could be upgraded with Indian avionics if IAF decides to go ahead with purchasing it.

The pilot was trying to go for a guns kill for bonus points - but in a real fight the WVR ASRAAM would have finished off that Su30MKI without much of the theatrics much earlier into the fight..

Su 30 MKI also carries ASRAAM

It was just an exercise to show
And Learn from each other's best practices

Real life combat is different

France lacks the funds to develop GaN AESA radar and is trying to convince other European countries to contribute to the development. The Indian GaN based UTTAM AESA radar was a viable option for Rafales, but due to exorbitant costs required for integration, Indian government is unlikely to accept this proposal of Indian Navy. This is why I believe India might opt for Gripen E with Indian avionics in the MMRCA deal.
Gripen has zero chance of getting selected.

@MirageBlue @Michael @silicon0000 @Deino @Yasser @Circadian Rhythm
If SAAB agrees to integrate Indian mission computer and UTTAM AESA radar into Gripen at a reasonable price, it could become a viable alternative to the Rafales for Indian Air Force. Su-57 could be upgraded with Indian avionics if IAF decides to go ahead with purchasing it.

In my personal opinion, Gripen is lost case and it's too late now. This was feasible before the Rafale purchase, but I don't think it will happen now. India might opt for the F-5 route and subsequently upgrade its current fleet to the F-5 level. Secondly, a large number of Su-30s and Tejas equipped with Uttam radars should be sufficient to keep the Indian Air Force occupied for a significant period, and the Rafale might be spared.

Regarding SU57, Yes theoretically that could be a very good option but Only Some Indian Officials knows why they refuse SU57 and what are their PRO & CON. Unless we know more its better not to comment on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back