India’s Quiet Push to Steal More of China’s iPhone Business

On September 26, 2024, CAICT (China Academy of Information and Communications Technology) released its latest report “2024 Global 5G Standard Essential Patents and Standard Proposals Research Report”
————CAICT is a scientific research organization directly under the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China. The data in this report is derived from authoritative official organizations such as the State Intellectual Property Office of China, the European Patent Office, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and the International Telecommunication Union.

There isn't any any data about Apple in terms of all 5G standard essential patents. It means that Apple does not own any essential patent technology.
View attachment 67792
This is the effective global patent family share of all essential patents in the 5G communications era. It includes all essential patents for backward compatible 4G, 3G and 2G.
Chinese companies: Huawei(1), ZTE(5), Xiaomi(8), OPPO(9), Datang(10)
Companies outside China: Qualcomm(2), LG(3), Samsung(4), Ericsson(6), Nokia(7)
Huawei ranks first in the world with 12.42%. There is no Apple here.

So the conclusion is already obvious. Huawei can continue to make phones without using any of Apple's patents; Apple will not be able to make phones without Huawei's patent license.

Do you understand?

The full text of this report is linked below:-----(Chinese version only)

This is patents on the network not on the device side

The iPhone 16 is available. There were many bloggers who disassembled the Made in India version and found the internal workmanship to be abysmal.
You can search for the detailed video on Youtube itself. I'll post a few screenshots.
1.jpg
2.jpg
The blogger was using a professional user sample of the iPhone 16 Made in India version. Not the standard retail version.
Hopefully this is a special case. If the official sales version is still of this quality, expect big problems.

Tips for origin identification are starting to appear on Chinese social media platforms. Do not unpack the goods after receiving them. You should first check the country of origin and return it immediately if you find that it is made in India.
3.jpg

I'm not an Apple user. I don't usually pay special attention to Apple news. The above is for reference only.

Last edited:
The iPhone 16 is available. There were many bloggers who disassembled the Made in India version and found the internal workmanship to be abysmal.
You can search for the detailed video on Youtube itself. I'll post a few screenshots.
View attachment 68181
View attachment 68182
The blogger was using a professional user sample of the iPhone 16 Made in India version. Not the standard retail version.
Hopefully this is a special case. If the official sales version is still of this quality, expect big problems.

Tips for origin identification are starting to appear on Chinese social media platforms. Do not unpack the goods after receiving them. You should first check the country of origin and return it immediately if you find that it is made in India.
View attachment 68183

I'm not an Apple user. I don't usually pay special attention to Apple news. The above is for reference only.

You make it sound like you are the only ones who can solder. Without help of Cupertino based Apple engineers China would never assembled iPhones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Country Watch Latest

Back