'Indus Water Treaty Not feasible to maintain': India serves notice to Pakistan, seeks Modification.

I don't think you understand how this works. India has sent notice. If Pakistan does not respond, India will abrogate it unilaterally.

We don't need your permission for this.

There is nothing to be renegotiated. Its just a noise from India. You are not going to war with Pakistan and endanger your existence.

damn it, India could have been nice enough to leave us alone while we were having our own internal problems.

But Indian problems like these do get the nation together united, so a silver lining maybe?

And india had made it clear it no longer intends to abide by it. No one including the world Bank can enforce it if india decides to junk it.

Pakistan has the right to go to war. You can chose to exercise that right. But regardless of that, this treaty is no longer acceptable and will be abrogated or renegotiated.

Either way the good luck this unequal treaty will not live much longer.

Good luck with that! Put your money where your mouth is. Nobody in Pakistan is impressed with your shenanigans, hence the reason why you lot are put on ignore.

damn it, India could have been nice enough to leave us alone while we were having our own internal problems.

But Indian problems like these do get the nation together united, so a silver lining maybe?
Get your nation together united and do what? Declare defeat as some form of victory? Like you do in the context of 1965?

Good luck with that! Put your money where your mouth is. Nobody in Pakistan is impressed with your shenanigans, hence the reason why you lot are put on ignore.
Yes, we've seen these threats before. We also saw what happened after we abrogated Article 370.

Either way Pakistan must do what is in its interest. India will definitely do what's in her interest.

I think Indians are trying to give Asim Muneer and his gang some breathing space. Nothing will get these rats in GHQ off the hook then Indian threat!

India has sent Pakistan a formal notice seeking a review in the crucial Indus Water Treaty, arguing reassessment and negotiations of the pact over “fundamental and unforeseen” changes.

A report by PTI quoted government sources as saying that the notice to Pakistan was issued on August 30 under Article XII(3) of the Indus Water Treaty (IWT).

As per sources to News18, India, in the notice issued to Pakistan, stated that it was not feasible to maintain the same treaty in today’s scenario and needed to be reassessed.

How do you transfer Indus waters to India ? Look at the geography dude. It would be wonder of engineering to accomplish it

I remember reading through the fine print of Indus river treaties. There is already a loophole in that it allows for local use of the water for 3 rivers allocated to Pakistan. Right now there are 7 million Kashmiris. Tomorrow if the population of Kashmir Valley hits 50 million (thinking of climate change) the water inflow into Pakistan would drop like a rock

Yes, we've seen these threats before. We also saw what happened after we abrogated Article 370.

Either way Pakistan must do what is in its interest. India will definitely do what's in her interest.

Dude, i keep on hearing about 370, what has changed? Its YOUR constitution, its absolutely irrelevant to us in practical terms. You can write in our article that Mars belong to you, who cares? you still hold what you occupy pre 370, we still hold what we have.

Dude, i keep on hearing about 370, what has changed? Its YOUR constitution, its absolutely irrelevant to us in practical terms. You can write in our article that Mars belong to you, who cares? you still hold what you occupy pre 370, we still hold what we have.
This is because you don't understand what the removal of A370 means and its consequences. That's ok though.

This is because you don't understand what the removal of A370 means and its consequences. That's ok though.

Please explain how it changes Pakistan position and claim over Indian occupied kashmir?

All we have seen, India losing thousands of sq kms territory albeit to PLA as a consequence of your so called 370.

Whatever helps you with good sleep. I hope you are happy with this development.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back