Iranian Air Defence Systems | News and Discussions

In fact the system worked. The UAV was detected, tracked and illuminated by radars. The problem it is that missile passed just a feet or two feet aside from the UAV. And then was destroyed. 9M330 needs to have better fuse.
yes, seems to be issue with proximity issue of the interceptor missile

Israel has consistently struggled to intercept UAVs from Hezbollah as well, so cannot single out Russia, but I posted it here because it's relevant to Iran as Iran possesses the Tor system

concerning performance of Tor ADS in Russia/Ukraine. incredible footage though.
How about the RF proximity fuse? The missile should've donated when it arrived at the pre programmed distance of the drone.

The operator should've fired more than just 1 missile at the hostile drone. To avoid losing the whole unit of a Tor system. And to minimize the possible error

yes, seems to be issue with proximity issue of the interceptor missile

Israel has consistently struggled to intercept UAVs from Hezbollah as well, so cannot single out Russia, but I posted it here because it's relevant to Iran as Iran possesses the Tor system
Israeli problem is that they cannot see the drone on their radar scope. Too much arrogance has kept their radar technology behind brand new drones. The new drones that are provided by Iran to its allies are produced by the least amount of metal in their different parts. Hence hard to detect.

Western drones are more expensive but more vulnerable.

To be fair Israel has been having greater problems defending against foes who are not actual state militaries all the iron dome patriots and arrows can’t stop or defend everything.
wrong, if the iron dome was not there , all hamas projectile were landed in israel not just one in 50 or 60

Tor is an old air defense system and should be completely replaced by locally built SHORADs.

It's the same radar that recognized the Ukrainian flight as an incoming cruise missile. Its true that even in western courts, Ukraine was recognized as the guilty party in that case, the truth still bites us that the old dumb radar of Tor caused that unwanted catastrophe.

It's like using my old Peugeot 405, it always managed to leave me stranded in the middle of no where despite replacing the broken mechanical part. Till I bought a TU5 and rid myself of old crap XU7.

Tor is an old crappy technology like XU7. It will make problems even if upgraded

wrong, if the iron dome was not there , all hamas projectile were landed in israel not just one in 50 or 60
we are talking about drones not Hamas rockets (we still don't know interception numbers from October 7th but for sure more than 2% got through even after October 7th)

Iron Dome's performance against Hezbollah drones has been very weak and they have acknowledged this

here Ukraine's performance was good. use a small drone to identify air defence launcher, then feed coordinates to HIMARS launch team and accurately strike the air defence launcher within minutes. hopefully Fath-360 is accurate enough to be used in the same role

Tor is an old air defense system and should be completely replaced by locally built SHORADs.
Tor is not that old, it is newer than Patriot and s-300

It's the same radar that recognized the Ukrainian flight as an incoming cruise missile.
because it was calibrated incorrectly by its incompetent air defence unit

Its true that even in western courts, Ukraine was recognized as the guilty party in that case
what?

one court also blamed ukraine for flying aircraft when there was danger of war
interesting but the onus is arguably on the state to close its airspace in such scenarios, and that doesn't really mitigate Iranian negligence which IRGC admitted itself

interesting but the onus is arguably on the state to close its airspace in such scenarios, and that doesn't really mitigate Iranian negligence which IRGC admitted itself
the usual court nonsense some family members sued everyone , this was one court decision ,and i'm sure there will be demand for retrial and so and so....
the d=final verdict probably come several year later

the usual court nonsense some family members sued everyone , this was one court decision ,and i'm sure there will be demand for retrial and so and so....
the d=final verdict probably come several year later
it's not realistic that any western court will not rule against Iran here

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back