Iranian Air Force (IRIAF/IRGC-ASF) | News and Discussions

The Kowsar already has a low radar signature with a special paint, this has already been said with sources. We have known for some years that Iran is working on an advanced anti-radiation material.

And it is also clear that the belly of the Kowsar will carry one or some drones. Artificial intelligence in Iran is developing in an astonishing and high-tech way. Iran is the first country in the world to have made a group attack with the help of artificial intelligence, it was in Syria.

I look at photos and several drones built have not yet been seen in combat. Iran has a lot of surprise reserve in the bank

I am not believing it until I see it but apparently, the next gen Kowsar has a RAM coat atleast. F-5 family of fighters are known for their inherently low RCS, F-5E/F has seen battles but never was downed at BVR ranges while being shot at multiple times. F/A-18EF is recorded by USN to have ~1m^2 RCS. A RAM coated Kowsar will be low observable for sure but not by a huge margin, for that, they need to have aerodynamics changed.

IRIAF needs $$$, we have the infrastructure and tech at home, Mullahs need to focus on IRIAF.

image.png
Good stuff

My take:-

The top and bottom arrays. Looks to be a ...'Planar Slotted Waveguide Array Antenna for X-band Radar Applications'... .

Top and bottom F-5E -Kowsar (-1?), the dark model. Looks to be like a standard F-5E but a single seat Kowsar. Looked like a single-engine initially. But does not appear to be so at closer inspection. The nose of this aircraft appear to have the same 'shark' nose as its predecessors.

Wanted to ask. The Birjand AB being rebuilt, and will be equipped with ... and Kowsar-I.

Will these Kowsar's be one (-1) or two (-2) seaters.

As far as RAM goes. My interpretation of this image is that the 'squarish' piece right next to the 'white half-fuselage', could be part of an intake, and the 'rounded' one, next up, that of a blended wing root.

Turning to the 'white half-fuselage' now. Definitely not Kowsar-F-5 based. Could resemble any one of half a dozen current Gen 4 - 4+ types. There is a slight protrusion at the bottom just about in line with the back of the canopy, that could signal an internally mounted cannon.

Those pics & images lining the wall to the back of the officer. Would *really* have enjoyed a closer look at them.

As for the $$$. All that I can say is 'oh brother'. The infrastructure and tech at home ... from my viewpoint, agreed.

Regards

Piet

Good stuff

My take:-

The top and bottom arrays. Looks to be a ...'Planar Slotted Waveguide Array Antenna for X-band Radar Applications'... .

Top and bottom F-5E -Kowsar (-1?), the dark model. Looks to be like a standard F-5E but a single seat Kowsar. Looked like a single-engine initially. But does not appear to be so at closer inspection. The nose of this aircraft appear to have the same 'shark' nose as its predecessors.

Wanted to ask. The Birjand AB being rebuilt, and will be equipped with ... and Kowsar-I.

Will these Kowsar's be one (-1) or two (-2) seaters.

As far as RAM goes. My interpretation of this image is that the 'squarish' piece right next to the 'white half-fuselage', could be part of an intake, and the 'rounded' one, next up, that of a blended wing root.

Turning to the 'white half-fuselage' now. Definitely not Kowsar-F-5 based. Could resemble any one of half a dozen current Gen 4 - 4+ types. There is a slight protrusion at the bottom just about in line with the back of the canopy, that could signal an internally mounted cannon.

Those pics & images lining the wall to the back of the officer. Would *really* have enjoyed a closer look at them.

As for the $$$. All that I can say is 'oh brother'. The infrastructure and tech at home ... from my viewpoint, agreed.

Regards

Piet
Hello Piet, do you remember the photos of the 3rd channel of Kowsar a little modified. I am missing a photo, do you have it in your boxes?

Hello Piet, do you remember the photos of the 3rd channel of Kowsar a little modified. I am missing a photo, do you have it in your boxes?
I surely will look.

The 3rd channel of Kowsar a little modified.

Is it possible to give me just a little more info and I can get cracking.

Piet

I surely will look.

Piet
Here are 2 of the pictures from the assembly line, but the other picture where you can see the Kowsar with its paint job. I don't have it. Even these Kowsars have slightly modified wing outlets.
1693157076255.png1693158627779.png

I surely will look.

Piet
I see that it is the same assembly line but with more advanced construction and more colorful images. So, I have seen 2 assembly lines so far. There is surely an assembly line to renew so 9x9x9 = 27. There is a good probability of having 27 Kowsars in new condition. We do not count the number of upgrades of the old existing f-5s. That is why I say that the budget of the IRIAF is much higher than what people say here.

We must also count on the manufacture of new weapons for these Kowsars. A lot of work is done in the background

Here are 2 of the pictures from the assembly line, but the other picture where you can see the Kowsar with its paint job. I don't have it. Even these Kowsars have slightly modified wing outlets.
View attachment 66819View attachment 66820
I am thinking that I might just know of the image. It was in a video showing some higher-up and his entourage enter a Simorgh from the rear ramp. It is still in its primer.

At some point the camera pans across to the other side of the hall where there is an painted Kowsar (-2). Perhaps also with some of those tapes around it (like in a bank sometimes) to keep people from touching it.

The reference to an advanced Kowsar I could only have picked up from the on-screen English sub-scripts.

Piet

I am thinking that I might just know of the image. It was in a video showing some higher-up and his entourage enter a Simorgh from the rear ramp. It is still in its primer.

At some point the camera pans across to the other side of the hall where there is an painted Kowsar (-2). Perhaps also with some of those tapes around it (like in a bank sometimes) to keep people from touching it.

The reference to an advanced Kowsar I could only have picked up from the on-screen English sub-scripts.

Piet
I feel like I had the image but it was removed. It was interesting to see this Kowsar with the camera in front of him up high

Users who are viewing this thread

Back