Iranian Ground Forces | News and Discussions

Waste of money and Resource. Artesh and its endless crappy unveilings is a headache to say the least. Just destroy them all and build brand new ones from scratch.

View attachment 62352

Somebody tell me what is that damn thing that covers the main barrel?

They come and parade one or a couole of tanks and then expect us to believe that they have upgraded the whole fleet of M-60.

@AmirIGM tell me i am wrong. My position about our armed forces is clear but this is An insult to thousands of army martyrs to waste the budget and resources in this way.
Building or buying new tanks has a heavy cost.

Updating old tanks is reasonable for Iran.

Iran does not have a major ground threat at the moment and there is no need to invest heavily in ground forces. The main threat to Iran is air and sea

Congratulations Iran, very good improvement of their tank which becomes very modern. It is very intelligent on their part and the money is very well spent. They are building a brand new tank from the great improvement of the old tanks.

So it becomes natural that new tanks are built from new platforms. The construction of new parts, scientific advances and new technology, mathematical, geometric, electronic, thermal science are very present and reproductive.

Create a new tank from great improvement of the old tanks is the best thing to do for Iran. Quantity, quality and budget win

Building or buying new tanks has a heavy cost.

Updating old tanks is reasonable for Iran.

Iran does not have a major ground threat at the moment and there is no need to invest heavily in ground forces. The main threat to Iran is air and sea
if all T-72s are upgraded to Karrar standard (IRGC or Nezaja version) and M-60s upgraded to this version then that would be acceptable

the problem is we see these new prototypes and then never hear of them again until the next prototype

Waste of money and Resource. Artesh and its endless crappy unveilings is a headache to say the least. Just destroy them all and build brand new ones from scratch.

View attachment 62352

They come and parade one or a couole of tanks and then expect us to believe that they have upgraded the whole fleet of M-60.

@AmirIGM tell me i am wrong. My position about our armed forces is clear but this is An insult to thousands of army martyrs to waste the budget and resources in this way.
Building new one from scratch requires building new engine and much more. Much more time and resources. Upgrading old tanks is a great plan. Many countries do it. Turkey has a great upgrade program for their M60 tanks as well. An upgrade program for M60 and T72 tanks is very good for Iran given Iran doesn't face any land invasion threat that would require a completely new tank program. Please be realistic.

if all T-72s are upgraded to Karrar standard (IRGC or Nezaja version) and M-60s upgraded to this version then that would be acceptable

the problem is we see these new prototypes and then never hear of them again until the next prototype
The army commanders said in the interviews that this design for the M60s is going to be mass produced, and the Chieftains are also going to be upgraded.

View attachment 62352

Upgrading M60 isn't bad if they do it all of them, look at what happened in Ukraine war.

View attachment 62352

Waste of money? That's not true at all. Let's take a real combat zone... Ukrainian T-64BV's are no joke. They are responsible for massive damage and have been the workhorse tank in the Ukraine war. It's a heavily upgraded Soviet T-64. Russian T-80's have been the best performing tank on the Russian side, and its heavily modernized from the original 1976 version and is proving to be one of the best tanks in the world... Destroying Abrams and Leopard tanks as well.

If Iran developed a modernization package for M-60's, that means Iran can apply it to roughly 150 tanks which is a significant number. So you take what is currently junk and turn it into a usable/dangerous modern weapon.

View attachment 62352

Those covers are Just wow factor equipment for parades and serve no actual function.

The enemy talking about Almas 1/2;

Even they recognize some improvements over israeli version.

The shell might have crossed the target net. Other people below the tweet are saying the same.
Yeah, the problem is that the question was even brought up. There's lack of trust with these announcements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Latest Posts

Back