Iranian Space program | News and Discussions

Japan is very far ahead of Iran.
I don’t believe that’s correct. Iran is far superior in adjacent tech like rocketry. Iran’s program is deeply indigenous as well. However, Iran has a project management issue. Also it seems Iran has firewalled its civilian and military programs for some inexplicable reason.

Obviously Japan is light years ahead in instrumentation like silicon, project management, etc. it’s even debatable where each stands in comparison in metallurgical sciences. It’s also clear a significant portion of the Japanese space program is not indigenous.

On balance Iran is not behind.

Last edited:
I don’t believe that’s correct. Iran is far superior in adjacent tech like rocketry. Iran’s program is deeply indigenous as well. However, Iran has a project management issue. Also it seems Iran has firewalled its civilian and military programs for some inexplicable reason.

Obviously Japan is light years ahead in instrumentation like silicon, project management, etc. it’s even debatable where each stands in comparison in metallurgical sciences. It’s also clear a significant portion of the Japanese space program is not indigenous.

lets be serious

Japan's current SLV carries 200x the payload of any Iranian SLV and that one SLV has had more successful orbital attempts since 2018 than all of Iran's SLVs have ever had

even in slv japan is more advanced

lets be serious

Japan's current SLV carries 200x the payload of any Iranian SLV and that one SLV has had more successful orbital attempts since 2018 than all of Iran's SLVs have ever had
That comment does not address any of the point in mine. My comment stands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back