Iranian Sports

Don't wonder. Do.
You remaind me of Javd Khiabani that after iran won over USA on TV said it shows God and Religion of us is more powerful than theirs
Just in one or two week in another competition we lost to them sadly Mr. Khiabani refused to explain whose God and Religion is more powerful after that.

One day before the end of Olympics..Iran stands Tall at no 23 with 8 medals...

We are good (no complain) but we can be much much much better if more money and more attention is given to sports..Azerbaijan is next to Iran in ranking ..they are our kin and they are impressive for a 10 million population ..

Lets do even better in the 2028 olympics
Olympics.JPG

12 medals..3 gold 6 silver and 3 bronz standing tall at no. 21.....excellent performance by Iranian teams..congratulations ...made us all proud..

12 medals..3 gold 6 silver and 3 bronz standing tall at no. 21.....excellent performance by Iranian teams..congratulations ...made us all proud..
2 of those silver should have been gold

Yazdani had a freak injury 5 seconds into his final match and Zare ran out of time to overturn a 10-1 deficit (finished 10-9 in the end). both of them were heavy favourites to win gold

but still a very good performance. 12 medals is the most since 2012 (13 medals) and the second most in Iranian history

Imagine if all of Iranian athletes that either competed under other country flags or in refugee category....we can even be in the top 10....it is in the gene's..lol...

Imagine if all of Iranian athletes that either competed under other country flags or in refugee category....we can even be in the top 10....it is in the gene's..lol...
not really. the refugee team only won 1 bronze (by a Cameroonian refugee), the 14 Iranians on that refugee team did not win any medals

if we include those with iranian descent or formerly represented iran but now represent another country then we add 3 bronze medals, but that wouldn't change our ranking from 21st

View attachment 56956
This year they are on refugee team , next Olympic they will be on other teams
Did any of these so called Iranians win a medal other than Alizadeh of Taekwondo, who won a bronze thanks to Nahid's silver?

I remember when I attended Karatae classes for fun, one of my friends tried hard to death to win just a provincial medal just to find a ground and an excuse to join asylum seeking teams lmao. He even encouraged me telling that it's the easiest way to leave the country.

These people are abusing stupidity of western idiots, no hard feelings since I myself know the truth about most of them.

They actually fail to show a great capability of themselves and fail to migrate legally as an athlete. Hence resort to political leverages rather than trying hard to attract attention of other countries.

For them It's all about making money in this political atmosphere.

Being under other flags is not a problem at all. It's ok, when you see you have no future in your own country because of your own lower rank compared to better athletes at that weight, the best way to show your capabilities is to legally migrate to a country that needs someone like you in that weight.

For example we have many wrestlers that every period lose the chance of participating in Olympics because of staying below better athletes. Is there any wrestler in Iran to defeat Yazdani in that weight? Answer is no. So what can others who are fighting at the same weight do? Remain in the shadow or find a way? The best way is to legally migrate to an other country. I am a fan of it.

But to join asylum seeking team and insulting your own country in every occasion is an other level of inherence and meanness.

It reminds me of a foal donkey that jumps here and there running in the front its mother while the mother is carrying a heavy load. People need to learn the difference between a foal donkey and a foal horse.

If the calculations are correct, one in 3 Iranians medaled. I believe that's a good ratio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back