Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Persian Gulf

INT'L MOD
Feb 19, 2023
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
How could anyone tell from just that picture?
that's the Russian defence minister

clearly drone surveillance footage behind him

as to Mohajer, that one is beyond me, but maybe speculation based on similarity of footage

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
What is your proof for that? Do you use any software to analyze aerodynamic surfaces of drones?
honestly i must even bring you a proof of simple physic fact ?
the proof is in the first book they teach aerodynamic , the shape of the body of Airplanes , birds , submarines .......
look at the shape of the ships that go under water...

muhammed45

Elite Member
Oct 2, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
the proof is in the first book they teach aerodynamic , the shape of the body of Airplanes , birds , submarines .......
Then draw me the airflow around both drones, specify hotspots and then compare them. I will accept your drawing on that even if you did that with windows paint

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Then draw me the airflow around both drones, specify hotspots and then compare them. I will accept your drawing on that even if you did that with windows paint
as i said before a blind can be cured, one who simulate cant be. and my system don't have Windows Paint or Microsoft paint , meanwhile I have Krita and InkSpace and Blender if you are interested but i don't claim proficiency in them
airflow-types-flow-around-different-shapes-available-high-resolution-several-sizes-to-fit-needs-your-project-144111744.jpg

aerodynamics04.gif

Drag_coefficient-scaled.jpg

israel design is StreamLined Half-body what people call PeluPaz from one view is a cube , from other Sphere more specifically a short Cylinder and there is no need for paint , thats one of the most famous object in smoke chambers
iu

from this you can make any conclusion you like

Last edited:

Flotilla

Dec 23, 2023

This radar is old design and been around for years (10+). I remember when they unveiled the Fotros early mock up and it had this ‘polo Paz’ (rice cooker) underneath it and Iranians themselves made fun of it.

But at least it’s being used in combat.

that shows that SAR (sinthetic aperture radar) has not been deployed still in the iranian MALEs.
But it has some advantages;
1º.- It is commercial (cheaper).
2º.- Being commercial, radar signal should be L or even in X band, so common so easy to detect that in a congestionated area like PG it won´t be easily trackable being literally one hundred working in the same area with same signal.

The real problem it is, as you said once, MALE. Iran needs a more powerful engine to leap to HALE. Gaza helps, but it is still lack something bigger with turbofan engine.

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Frisbees are very aerodynamic as well. He’s got a point.

A technical comparison is needed with chambered airflow patterns. It might seem obvious to you not so obvious to me. Also you need to throw the functionality in the mix. It’s very possible the range trade off overcomes any perceived aerodynamic inefficiency. Obviously there are other trade offs such as costs, etc. And finally, the Zionist design is not so difficult so the rationale for the Iranian one must be justified.

So, no, not so obvious.

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Frisbees are very aerodynamic as well. He’s got a point.

A technical comparison is needed with chambered airflow patterns. It might seem obvious to you not so obvious to me. Also you need to throw the functionality in the mix. It’s very possible the range trade off overcomes any perceived aerodynamic inefficiency. Obviously there are other trade offs such as costs, etc. And finally, the Zionist design is not so difficult so the rationale for the Iranian one must be justified.

So, no, not so obvious.
frisbees are not short cylinder , they are disks , they act more like Elongated Spheres or disks than become like a parachute and no they are not aerodynamically sound for fly , that parachute shape slow it down

and I knew why that nonsense shape . its probably the team that designed the drone was not responsible for the Radar integration and it was later .
they ordered the drone and then said its good to add a SAR to to it and somebody recalled they produce that radar and they strapped it to the drone instead of integrating it with the drone . and the drone did not pass any wind tunnel test after the integration and the ones who originally designed the body of the drone were not consulted on this. that's the rational for Iranian design , its easier not necessary better as Drag co-efficiency of 0.09 vs 1.15 is clear as sun . after all we have oil who care about fuel efficiency . it has a range of 200km due to lack of satcom who care about endurance it will only take 20 min to refuel it and who care about altitude ,
and no there is no technical comparison needed that will be reinventing the wheel , it has been done time and time and time since invention of the flight.

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
that's the Russian defence minister

clearly drone surveillance footage behind him

as to Mohajer, that one is beyond me, but maybe speculation based on similarity of footage

So some random talking head on Twitter says that’s M-6 footage from a partial visible screen? Impossible to tell.

I don’t see it picked up by more reliable pro Iran sources.

Could be any Russian drone. Hell it could be a Russian drone using Iranian FLIR sub components.

Users who are viewing this thread