Iranian UAVs | News and Discussions

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

This radar is old design and been around for years (10+). I remember when they unveiled the Fotros early mock up and it had this ‘polo Paz’ (rice cooker) underneath it and Iranians themselves made fun of it.

But at least it’s being used in combat.

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

This radar is old design and been around for years (10+). I remember when they unveiled the Fotros early mock up and it had this ‘polo Paz’ (rice cooker) underneath it and Iranians themselves made fun of it.

Are you sure that was fotros and not when they unveiled Hamaseh

Hamaseh_%284%29.jpg

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
Are you sure that was fotros and not when they unveiled Hamaseh

Hamaseh_%284%29.jpg

You are correct, I had a feeling it was a predecessor drone whose name I forgot.

Hamaseh was the Mock up predecessor to Fotros. I don’t think it was ever mass produced and shortly after the ridicule and uproar, Iran revealed Fotros. I think like Ashura was the test bed for Sejil, Hamaseh was the test bed for Fotros (Iran’s first very large MALE).

But sadly Fotros project also died likely due to lacking powerful engine and electronics to make it a worthwhile purchase vs a Mohajer or Shahed MALE. At the time Iran’s PGM family was not as robust as today either.

Anyway it seems this “radar” concept is quite old.

Mehdipersian

Feb 9, 2022
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
You are correct, I had a feeling it was a predecessor drone whose name I forgot.

Hamaseh was the Mock up predecessor to Fotros. I don’t think it was ever mass produced and shortly after the ridicule and uproar, Iran revealed Fotros. I think like Ashura was the test bed for Sejil, Hamaseh was the test bed for Fotros (Iran’s first very large MALE).

But sadly Fotros project also died likely due to lacking powerful engine and electronics to make it a worthwhile purchase vs a Mohajer or Shahed MALE. At the time Iran’s PGM family was not as robust as today either.

Anyway it seems this “radar” concept is quite old.
The Fotros UAV is operational, but it seems that it was made in limited numbers. They probably had a problem buying it's motor.
1401030715114589125410084.jpg

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
The Fotros UAV is operational, but it seems that it was made in limited numbers. They probably had a problem buying it's motor.
View attachment 45041
that Rotax motor , I doubt it.
Fotros was good when they unveiled it , but it had so much delay that it become irrelevant after UAVs like Kaman-22 and Shahed-149 . i think that UAV is the prototype they built . . they probably say we built it so let use it why throw it away , specially as it use many subsystems that Iran use in other UAVs

Immortals

Jan 18, 2024
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
that Rotax motor , I doubt it.
Fotros was good when they unveiled it , but it had so much delay that it become irrelevant after UAVs like Kaman-22 and Shahed-149 . i think that UAV is the prototype they built . . they probably say we built it so let use it why throw it away , specially as it use many subsystems that Iran use in other UAVs

The issue is you cannot put the same subsystems you put on S-129 that you put on Fotros or Gaza. You have to invest stronger and more capable systems and surveillance tools.

But will Iran put $5M+ worth electronics on a drone? Doubtful due to if the drone crashes that’s a costly lost.

So most “big” Iranian drones have the same optics as smaller drones. What’s the point of that?

muhammed45

Elite Member
Oct 2, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

If that is polo Paz beneath the Iranian drone then what would be Israeli one under IAI Heron? With that logic the Israeli one is an emergency toilet used when Heron wets its pants after facing with a potent air defense system.
IAI_Heron(_framed).jpg

Hack-Hook

INT'L MOD
Jan 11, 2012
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
If that is polo Paz beneath the Iranian drone then what would be Israeli one under IAI Heron? With that logic the Israeli one is an emergency toilet used when Heron wets its pants after facing with a potent air defense system.
View attachment 48303
aerodynamically this one have a lot less air resistance. hope they do some thing about that in Ababil and Hamaseh

jauk

Jul 7, 2016
Country of Origin
Country of Residence

I assume you be=
View attachment 48303
"I don't see a rice cooker under the Zionist one. But I do under the Iranian one!"--a psychological condition technically called 'cognitive dissonance' and/or 'motivated blindness'. Hmpf!

muhammed45

Elite Member
Oct 2, 2015
Country of Origin
Country of Residence
aerodynamically this one have a lot less air resistance. hope they do some thing about that in Ababil and Hamaseh
What is your proof for that? Do you use any software to analyze aerodynamic surfaces of drones?

Users who are viewing this thread

Country Watch Latest