J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

@Zarvan , First squadron should be here no later than Dec 2026. PAF is planning it really well, as India most likely will also have their Stealth fighters by 2028 (possibly prototyped local if not getting F35)

@Zarvan , First squadron should be here no later than Dec 2026. PAF is planning it really well, as India most likely will also have their Stealth fighters by 2028 (possibly prototyped local if not getting F35)
India's only realistic option is SU-57. I don't see F-35 happening from any angle.

2026 for the Plan sounds more realistic lol. Like I get that it will eventually be in paf but in 2 years while j-35 still in testing and not in service yet come on now

India's only realistic option is SU-57. I don't see F-35 happening from any angle.
The US will not sell f-35. Even turkey don't get f-35 unless India decides to be a cannon fodder.su-57 is no longer feasible for as long as Ukraine war continues.

Lol you know what's the squadron meaning? 16-18 jets, if we assume that J31 project has more prototypes flying in somewhere in China let assume 7-8 prototypes this doesn't make a single squadron, and remember dude J31 is not reached mass production stage, and 5th gen jets are more difficult to mass produce than 4.5th gen jets

And last jigs and tools are not ready for mass production of J31

Lol you know what's the squadron meaning? 16-18 jets, if we assume that J31 project has more prototypes flying in somewhere in China let assume 7-8 prototypes this doesn't make a single squadron, and remember dude J31 is not reached mass production stage, and 5th gen jets are more difficult to mass produce than 4.5th gen jets

Its the engine that needs to be mass produce first before the plane. If China wants to build 20-30 j-35/j-31 per year it can easily be done lol just expand production line. Everything in China is all about speed. Chinese production of j-20 already at 100 per year. The question is not really how much China can produce but how much planes does paf want I guess in small batches and they would be costing heck of alot of money one squadron sound reasonable to me. Just delivery time may varied . If plaaf order comes in. There will be an extra production line open.

Its the engine that needs to be mass produce first before the plane. If China wants to build 20-30 j-35/j-31 per year it can easily be done lol just expand production line. Everything in China is all about speed. Chinese production of j-20 already at 100 per year. The question is not really how much China can produce but how much planes does paf want I guess in small batches and they would be costing heck of alot of money one squadron sound reasonable to me. Just delivery time may varied . If plaaf order comes in. There will be an extra production line open.
SAC is also busy in lots of other projects not working only on J31 project

SAC is also busy in lots of other projects not working only on J31 project
Yes j-16 and engines. Tankers,awacs , and bombers by xian. J-20 and wing loong by CAIG. SAC even came up with a super flanker fifth generation model it got scrapped tho lol. Saic is home to all the flanker variants.
1725068074327.png

Last edited:
Yes j-16 and engines. Tankers,awacs , and bombers by xian. J-20 by Chengdu.
Awacs, tankers and bombers are not built by SAC but J16,j11, J15 etc etc and maintenance and lots of top secret projects, and why you bring J20 into discussion? I'm talking about SAC which is developing J31 not CAC

Why you bring other companies to the topic of discussion?

This thread is related J31 hence its developing company SAC, so stick to the topic of discussion and avoid off topic discussion

Awacs, tankers and bombers are not built by SAC but J16,j11, J15 etc etc and maintenance and lots of top secret projects, and why you bring J20 into discussion? I'm talking about SAC which is developing J31 not CAC

Why you bring other companies to the topic of discussion?

This thread is related J31 hence its developing company SAC, so stick to the topic of discussion and avoid off topic discussion
Did u read my tweet? I said xian industrial cooperation. I just give u example where each one is built from. So there are plenty of room for production of j-31/j-35. There's no lack of capacity.

Last edited:
Anyway, u think China can't build a squadron of j-31? Can easily get it done in one year if it wants to the more orders the faster things will be out in service. There's no lack of capacity only orders count.

Anyway, u think China can't build a squadron of j-31? Can easily get it done in one year if it wants to the more orders the faster things will be out in service. There's no lack of capacity only orders count.
It's in the testing phase bro and we are seeing only one prototype since late 2023, how it's possible to begin the unfinished product for mass production in year or two 😑 😒

It's in the testing phase bro and we are seeing only one prototype since late 2023, how it's possible to begin the unfinished product for mass production in year or two 😑 😒
When the orders are in I didn't say now.it doesn't take long to mass produce at all. J-20 numbers jumped like crazy after mass production ws-10 engine. We don't know how far in development for ws-19 yet. I said all that matters is the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back