J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

Hi,

There is news of a video coming out of a J31 naval version taking off a carrier---.

Unfortunately most Chinese observers to the scene read these latest news more as if the J-15B was tested and not the J-35.
But we need to wait to be sure.

what could this be ?

Just a random aircraft in Pakistan? Why should it be related to the J-31 or J-35?

2027-8 even for a J-35 if the already collapsed economy (regardless of these grey economy hypothetical musings) somehow recovers - or we’ll see this thread die out much like it did for the Z-10 and others.
But J 35 is a naval fighter meant for carrier operation. Right ? Why will Pakistan buy a naval fighter plane..

But J 35 is a naval fighter meant for carrier operation. Right ? Why will Pakistan buy a naval fighter plane..

J35 is for navy but J31 a similar aircraft is for airforce, so people are assuming if J35 is close to induction then J31 is also closer and paf will buy it. China will need a medium weight multi role 5th generation, similar to F35.

J35 is for navy but J31 a similar aircraft is for airforce, so people are assuming if J35 is close to induction then J31 is also closer and paf will buy it. China will need a medium weight multi role 5th generation, similar to F35.

J-20 is too large for aircraft carriers and that is one of the reasons why China is developing J-35 for PLAAN.

I think it is never a good idea to rely on a single plane anyway but the fact is J-20 is just too large to be put on even the large carriers that China is now building.

J-20 is too large for aircraft carriers and that is one of the reasons why China is developing J-35 for PLAAN.

I think it is never a good idea to rely on a single plane anyway but the fact is J-20 is just too large to be put on even the large carriers that China is now building.

Usa had F22 but they still built F35 for aircraft carrier and for airforce, it's multi role plane and alot cheaper to operate. China followed similar path, built a large air superiority J20 and now is building J35 for navy and possible J31 for airforce, a multi role medium plane. They could have already built the J35 but they didn't need it, at the moment they have 3 aircraft carriers but will still need a few more years of training, planning, tactics etc and by that time 2030s J35 and J31 will be ready, Chinese latest submarines will be ready by then, on top their destroyers will be all ready for war. @MastanKhan always says it can take many years to train your force to be battle ready.

Usa had F22 but they still built F35 for aircraft carrier and for airforce, it's multi role plane and alot cheaper to operate. China followed similar path, built a large air superiority J20 and now is building J35 for navy and possible J31 for airforce, a multi role medium plane. They could have already built the J35 but they didn't need it, at the moment they have 3 aircraft carriers but will still need a few more years of training, planning, tactics etc and by that time 2030s J35 and J31 will be ready, Chinese latest submarines will be ready by then, on top their destroyers will be all ready for war. @MastanKhan always says it can take many years to train your force to be battle ready.

China is unlikely to use J-31 as it won't have the huge range they need to traverse the large distances in China and the areas from China's coasts that it will need to operate from.

J-20 will be PLAAF and J-35 for PLAN. J-31 will be an export only model and more suitable for much smaller countries like Pakistan and BD.

ATM there are simply too many assumption..May be by next year or so more clarity will come...

Why don't you apply the same logic to F-35? Isn't the F-35 also a carrier fighter?

China is unlikely to use J-31 as it won't have the huge range they need to traverse the large distances in China and the areas from China's coasts that it will need to operate from.

J-20 will be PLAAF and J-35 for PLAN. J-31 will be an export only model and more suitable for much smaller countries like Pakistan and BD.

I believe Pakistan will opt for J-35 if China allows it for export. It is simply better.

We will be keeping an eye on you. You got my attention now. Make one stupid anti-Pakistan post and I will be breathing down your neck.
Where I post anti-pakistani stuff here? Go to the Indian section where I always insult them make fun of them I always talks the side of Pakistan but I'm open minded person who don't believe conspiracy theories and social media sh!t

Why don't you apply the same logic to F-35? Isn't the F-35 also a carrier fighter?
F 35 has three versions.
A : for Airforce
B : STOVAL operation..
C : for Catapult operation
So it's obvious that the countries who don't have carrier based navy won't chose B & C type.

I believe Pakistan will opt for J-35 if China allows it for export. It is simply better.
Not possible J35 will be their sensitive and strategic technology, will face USN F35 in Pacific ocean , there is least chance to we will get J35 for PAF

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back