J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

Interesting news via one of the credible sources ...

via
Interesting since it confirms my scepticism regarding "Pakistan will receive its J-31 as early as mid/late 2025" & also regarding the training ... but I also don't believe that the PLAN will give then -35 soon, they will need them all for their own units & training. But let's wait and see.
I saw a sharing of this point of view in the Chinese media.

It is indeed more feasible to purchase J35 directly than to wait for J31. In the mature stage, the J35 is definitely much more expensive than the J31, and the PAF does not use the J35's value-added features at all. But it does get it faster than the J31.

In fact, PAF can try to get J35 by renting. It seems to be more cost-effective. I don't know if PLAN offers rental services.....................

The problem is that PAF doesn't have a high-throughput datalink and command system. Unable to play the full capabilities of a fifth-generation fighter...........

Anyway, let's treat it as entertainment news first. Waiting for further evidence.

Interesting news via one of the credible sources ...

via
Interesting since it confirms my scepticism regarding "Pakistan will receive its J-31 as early as mid/late 2025" & also regarding the training ... but I also don't believe that the PLAN will give then -35 soon, they will need them all for their own units & training. But let's wait and see.
Didn't want to read too much into it thus refrained from posting it earlier, however several sources are claiming that this J-35 going under trials is destined for PAF .

FB_IMG_1725460826251.jpg

Didn't want to read too much into it thus refrained from posting it earlier, however several sources are claiming that this J-35 going under trials is destined for PAF .

View attachment 62901

And in fact this alone proves all these "various sources" are useless, since "THIS J-35" is not a J-35 but the second flying demonstrator no. 310003.

Like I said so often, any such "expert" who rates each and every new FC-31/J-35-image a new aircraft, cannot differ between both and confuse almost everything, can better be just ignored!

Last edited:
I saw a sharing of this point of view in the Chinese media.

It is indeed more feasible to purchase J35 directly than to wait for J31. In the mature stage, the J35 is definitely much more expensive than the J31, and the PAF does not use the J35's value-added features at all. But it does get it faster than the J31.

In fact, PAF can try to get J35 by renting. It seems to be more cost-effective. I don't know if PLAN offers rental services.....................

The problem is that PAF doesn't have a high-throughput datalink and command system. Unable to play the full capabilities of a fifth-generation fighter...........

Anyway, let's treat it as entertainment news first. Waiting for further evidence.

I think you are right, in that a leasing system for the J-35 would make more sense for Pakistan with outright purchasing of the J-31s when they are available. The lease plan would be between China's export agency(not PLAN) with a view that the PLAN then adopts those aircraft into its fleet when the lease is completed. It will dependend on how close the leased J-35s for PAF will be, relative to the versions built for the PLAN.

Additionally, if PAF does not take the J10CE fleet to 90-100 for economies of scale and gets stuck at 36 units, then a lease model may "have" been better for the PAF while it waits for the J-31 to mature, and at that point have a JF17/J-35(31) fleet, with the other parts of the fleet in draw-down mode.

Last edited:
I think you are right, in that a leasing system for the J-35 would make more sense for Pakistan with outright purchasing of the J-31s when they are available. The lease plan would be between China's export agency(not PLAN) with a view that the PLAN then adopts those aircraft into its fleet when the lease is completed. It will dependend on how close the leased J-35s for PAF will be, relative to the versions built for the PLAN.

Additionally, if PAF does not take the J10CE fleet to 90-100, then a lease model may "have" been better for the PAF while it waits for the J-31 to mature, and at that point have a JF17/J-35(31) fleet, with the other parts of the fleet in draw-down mode.
We are not sure if PLAN offers rentals. It's just a joke.
But the high-throughput data link and command system is a nuisance for PAF.

About J10C. There is no doubt that CAC will definitely prioritize the needs of PLAAF. At present, due to the use of pulsating production lines, the production of J10C is very sufficient, and it has been supplied to PLAAF in large quantities, and it will soon reach saturation. PAF orders are processed quickly.

About J10C. There is no doubt that CAC will definitely prioritize the needs of PLAAF. At present, due to the use of pulsating production lines, the production of J10C is very sufficient, and it has been supplied to PLAAF in large quantities, and it will soon reach saturation. PAF orders are processed quickly.

It is more about the financial state of the PAF, and the need to not have so many different types of plans which brings with it a whole host of costs, versus just having a 2 jet type fleet ( ie the need for training, support infrastucture for a 3rd type etc).

Having a simplier fleet means it can focus more on procurement of units of planes, versus additional infrastructure cost.

Was the J10CE procured as a knee-jerk reaction to the Rafale, versus the natural normal procurement plans that PAF may have had, which is go to stealth after the JF17C's.

And in fact this alone proves all these "various sources" are useless, since "THIS J-35" is not a J-35 but the second flying demonstrator no. 310003.

Like I said so often, any such "expert" who rates each and every new FC-31/J-35-image a new aircraft, cannot differ between both and confuses alost everything, can better be just ignored!
2027-8 even for a J-35 if the already collapsed economy (regardless of these grey economy hypothetical musings) somehow recovers - or we’ll see this thread die out much like it did for the Z-10 and others.

A little common sense about the current way of production of military aircraft in China.

1. At present, all mass-produced military aircraft in China use pulsating production lines. The first aircraft to adopt a pulsating production line was the Y20. Subsequent J20/J10C/J16/J35 are produced in this mode. ----------- please find out more about the pulsating production line yourself.

2. Non-production military aircraft adopt the traditional production mode. Such as various early warning aircraft, anti-submarine aircraft, electronic warfare aircraft..............

3. The new models of aircraft after Y20 all adopt a pure digital design system. And a large number of 3D printing technology is used to manufacture large parts. According to the legal ban of China, these large 3D metal printers are absolutely forbidden to leave the territory of China. But the finished parts they made are allowed to be exported.

You can analyze the accuracy of some messages based on these situations.

A little common sense about the current way of production of military aircraft in China.

1. At present, all mass-produced military aircraft in China use pulsating production lines. The first aircraft to adopt a pulsating production line was the Y20. Subsequent J20/J10C/J16/J35 are produced in this mode. ----------- please find out more about the pulsating production line yourself.

2. Non-production military aircraft adopt the traditional production mode. Such as various early warning aircraft, anti-submarine aircraft, electronic warfare aircraft..............

3. The new models of aircraft after Y20 all adopt a pure digital design system. And a large number of 3D printing technology is used to manufacture large parts. According to the legal ban of China, these large 3D metal printers are absolutely forbidden to leave the territory of China. But the finished parts they made are allowed to be exported.

You can analyze the accuracy of some messages based on these situations.
What’s the expected avionics fit on the J-35?

That's a good question because I don't know either.................
I would assume it’s playing off what’s on the latest J-20s but there are a lot more rigorous requirements for landing on carriers which means additional reinforcement of equipment - which means additional weight.

I would assume it’s playing off what’s on the latest J-20s but there are a lot more rigorous requirements for landing on carriers which means additional reinforcement of equipment - which means additional weight.
These things are all modular. They have standard interfaces that can be combined according to the user's needs. The modules themselves are constantly being upgraded. There will be some differences in technical details between different batches of fighters. But these differences are often not easily noticed.

The interior of the J35 is certainly much more advanced than the earlier J20. But in comparison with the latest batch of J20, depending on the choice of the military.

Regardless of which way to get to the J35/J31 of the PAF, the difference between them and the PLA self-use version is whether to install/open certain modules, data encryption and communication frequency and other software system settings. There is no need for SAC to drastically modify and adjust the internal system for PAF alone.

Dude how do you know I'm Indian ? I'm Pakistani living in USA since 2017, I can prove you that I'm Pakistani, we sell our house in karachi last month, I can give you my former address of our house in karachi Pakistan, you can search this address on Google earth or on Google map

We will be keeping an eye on you. You got my attention now. Make one stupid anti-Pakistan post and I will be breathing down your neck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Pakistan Defence Latest

Back