J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

Don't I deserve a thumbs up for saying we may get J31 even earlier than December 26 ?

As I said, unfortunately I didn't reached the level of certainty I wished for and as such why should I change my estimation on timeline towards "earlier than December 2026"?

It is a hint that the program is further advanced than I expected, but still now I rate anything before late 2027 as "very early".

As I said, unfortunately I didn't reached the level of certainty I wished for and as such why should I change my estimation on timeline towards "earlier than December 2026"?

It is a hint that the program is further advanced than I expected, but still now I rate anything before late 2027 as "very early".
That's ok , I am sure you will , pretty soon , come to the same conclusion

China's National Day holiday is coming up and my cousin may come to visit my house. If he comes to my house, I will ask him for some news.
We can accurately analyze the latest news of J31/J35 through the production status and shipment of WS19.

That's ok , I am sure you will , pretty soon , come to the same conclusion

Again, as I noted so often ... I have no problems to be wrong, in fact i would be happy to be proven wrong, but based on what is known a date before 2028 is unlikely, IMO today almost impossible ... but again, prove me wrong and I'll be happy with it.

Don't I deserve a thumbs up for saying we may get J31 even earlier than December 26 ?
After seeing latest Mr Deino post here is my updated guess work. Pakistan will get 2 to 3 J-31/35 for testing. Pakistan will take them to extreme condition use them in close to war type scenarios extensively study them and then suggest some changes after which J-31 will enter mass production. Again, this is my guess, and I have no news.

After seeing latest Mr Deino post here is my updated guess work. Pakistan will get 2 to 3 J-31/35 for testing. Pakistan will take them to extreme condition use them in close to war type scenarios extensively study them and then suggest some changes after which J-31 will enter mass production. Again, this is my guess, and I have no news.

I think we all should be patient ... in about 6 weeks, the Zhuhai Airshow will open the doors and the chances are fine that indeed the J-35 and/or J-31 will be shown. As such we will hopefully get a few answers to our questions ...

Hi,

Deino---hahaha to you as well---.

You will have a "cow" if you knew how advanced the program is---.

Just keep on guessing---a day will come whn you will claim that all the info about the J31 came from you.

Hi,

Deino---hahaha to you as well---.

You will have a "cow" if you knew how advanced the program is---.

Just keep on guessing---a day will come whn you will claim that all the info about the J31 came from you.
There is a hint I dropped in this thread about a certain chat I had this Spring visit in Isb.
It was to downplay the need for more than a few prototypes for any future Chinese project and also what certain individuals aspire PAC to do( but is far away)

The best way to explain it is this 6 year old video from LM

J-31 is coming. No doubt about it, the air chief has said so. We can rest assured it will be here before/same time as IAF gets their AMCA.

So the question now is, what missiles will it have? Can we expect to comfortably outrange any BVR the IAF will have. I'm guessing that will be the Meteor and their domestic Astra Mk3.

So the question now is, what missiles will it have? Can we expect to comfortably outrange any BVR the IAF will have. I'm guessing that will be the Meteor and their domestic Astra Mk3.
We are talking about the J-31, and you can discuss anything about its design and manufacture, China, or its use, Pakistan. Of course, you can also analyze it from a purely technical point of view and compare it with similar products from any other country in the world.
However, I would not recommend using irrational characterizations to compare Indian weapon systems. For reasons that are generally known, such discussions can lead to serious wars of words, which in turn leads to a lot of quality statements in this thread being drowned in spam. Rational comparisons using clear data are welcome.

PL-10E, PL-15E and other mainstream Chinese air combat weapons, you can easily check the data of their foreign trade versions, which PAF has made public.The data of PLAAF's own version is not public.
For the missile systems of the IAF (homemade or purchased), you can get information about them through public channels.

We need planes that can fly all the way to the Zionist entity, drop their bombs and come back safe. Is this one of such planes?

Needless to say this is a hypothetical question but maybe one day, some day, we will have the property dealers replaced with actual soldiers. Pakistanis can dream.

Again, as I noted so often ... I have no problems to be wrong, in fact i would be happy to be proven wrong, but based on what is known a date before 2028 is unlikely, IMO today almost impossible ... but again, prove me wrong and I'll be happy with it.

Credit to you to admit it, and it shows maturity and wisdom you can change your mind when new facts present themselves. I was also in the same camp, I thought a time line of around 2030, but by the looks if things 2-3 years from now looks very feasible.

To be fair we mocked many users who claimed a shorter timeline, looks like their guesses were right

Users who are viewing this thread

Back