J-31 to be inducted soon| Pilot training reportedly in progress

2025 PAF will fly in Pakistani skies fifth gen fighter...

@Waz

mark my words.
Makes sense from the strategic POV. It'll put the IAF under a tremendous pressure. And, history shows the Bharati high command breaks down under pressure. The Galwan stone-age fights (nobody has entered into our territory) and 02-27 air battles (if there were Rafales) are the glaring examples.....

Last edited:
Hi,

I had mentioned a few days ago that the design of the J31 has been frozen---.

It is in the final stages ready for the production to begin---.

It would be interesting to see if it is the Paf that gets the first batch of aircrafts---.

The way things are moving forward---I would not be surprised if it is.

Hi,

It would be interesting to see if it is the Paf that gets the first batch of aircrafts---.

How could it be ready for production when a prototype is not even flying for a year?

It seems more likely that pigs will fly above Karachi before the J31 will.
I don't get why people on this forum act like drastic and otherworldly changes like this will come very soon lol. The J31 is a fifth generation fighter that China has not even put into production for domestic use, let alone rolling it out to the export market in under a year, and not even considering the necessary fielding challenges that Pakistan will inevitably face from the costs of fielding a fifth generation aircraft.
2030 is also too soon, it definitely seems like the earliest would be around 2035 onwards

It seems more likely that pigs will fly above Karachi before the J31 will.
I don't get why people on this forum act like drastic and otherworldly changes like this will come very soon lol. The J31 is a fifth generation fighter that China has not even put into production for domestic use, let alone rolling it out to the export market in under a year, and not even considering the necessary fielding challenges that Pakistan will inevitably face from the costs of fielding a fifth generation aircraft.
2030 is also too soon, it definitely seems like the earliest would be around 2035 onwards
Many current cabinet members, MNAs and MPA of the current coalition along with PPP leadership cadre use air travel over Karachi.

To me 2028-2030 seems earliest possible timelines but Chinese can do wonders.

^^ This is by far the best video on J-31 I have seen! One of the few, well researched and analyzed in depth! A treat to watch for all enthusiasts. Visuals may not be the best but script is!

Hi,

Some wise guys are relishing playing the role of contrarians without any semblance of reason and logic..... couple of things they need to understand........1)..PAC and CAC have well rooted business relationship......2).....J31 is specifically designed to meet the needs of PAF..... induction by Chinese airforce or navy is a secondary thing....

PAF Explores Potential Acquisition and Local Production of Chinese FC-31 Stealth Fighter​

Shenyang_J-31_%28F60%29_at_2014_Zhuhai_Air_Show.jpg

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is in discussions with the Shenyang Aircraft Corporation, the Chinese developer of the FC-31 stealth fighter jet, regarding the potential acquisition and local production of the aircraft. This move signals a significant advancement for the PAF's capabilities and marks a potential shift in its fleet composition.

The FC-31, a fifth-generation, twin-engine fighter, possesses advanced stealth capabilities that would represent a major upgrade from the PAF's current aircraft. It is designed for a variety of air combat roles, including air superiority and ground attack missions. The potential local production of the FC-31 in Pakistan could bolster the country's aerospace industry and reduce its reliance on foreign suppliers.

The acquisition of the FC-31 could also influence the future of the JF-17 program, a joint venture between Pakistan and China. With the JF-17 production line expected to be retired by 2030, the FC-31 could emerge as a successor, potentially equipped with the Chinese-made WS-13 engine.

Although previously rejected for the JF-17 due to performance concerns, the WS-13 engine could see renewed interest as a powerplant for both the FC-31 and future JF-17 variants.

Standardizing the engine across multiple aircraft platforms would offer logistical and maintenance advantages for the PAF. However, the success of these engine negotiations remains to be seen, and could significantly impact the future direction of the PAF's fighter fleet.

While discussions are ongoing, a final agreement on the FC-31 acquisition and local production has not yet been reached. The successful implementation of this deal would mark a significant milestone in Pakistan's defence capabilities and could have wider implications for India.

PAF Explores Potential Acquisition and Local Production of Chinese FC-31 Stealth Fighter​

Shenyang_J-31_%28F60%29_at_2014_Zhuhai_Air_Show.jpg

The Pakistan Air Force (PAF) is in discussions with the Shenyang Aircraft Corporation, the Chinese developer of the FC-31 stealth fighter jet, regarding the potential acquisition and local production of the aircraft. This move signals a significant advancement for the PAF's capabilities and marks a potential shift in its fleet composition.

The FC-31, a fifth-generation, twin-engine fighter, possesses advanced stealth capabilities that would represent a major upgrade from the PAF's current aircraft. It is designed for a variety of air combat roles, including air superiority and ground attack missions. The potential local production of the FC-31 in Pakistan could bolster the country's aerospace industry and reduce its reliance on foreign suppliers.

The acquisition of the FC-31 could also influence the future of the JF-17 program, a joint venture between Pakistan and China. With the JF-17 production line expected to be retired by 2030, the FC-31 could emerge as a successor, potentially equipped with the Chinese-made WS-13 engine.

Although previously rejected for the JF-17 due to performance concerns, the WS-13 engine could see renewed interest as a powerplant for both the FC-31 and future JF-17 variants.

Standardizing the engine across multiple aircraft platforms would offer logistical and maintenance advantages for the PAF. However, the success of these engine negotiations remains to be seen, and could significantly impact the future direction of the PAF's fighter fleet.

While discussions are ongoing, a final agreement on the FC-31 acquisition and local production has not yet been reached. The successful implementation of this deal would mark a significant milestone in Pakistan's defence capabilities and could have wider implications for India.
Acquisition, probably.
Production? I have a doubt China agree to give such asset to be built autside, even if Pak is a strong ally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back